• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying under 150?

MrShiny

DIS Veteran
I know Disney starts at 150 points selling new, but can a non member buy a contract that has less than 150 points?

Thanks! One more - if selling to family or friends for cash, there would be no closing costs would there?

there would be some. I would presume the new owners might want title insurance plus there are recording fees for the deed.

And the contract still has to go through Disney's ROFR.

Cyn

Any estimate on what those would be? Title insurance just insures that there are no liens against my claim to the deed, correct? As I own it free and clear, I'm thinking that might not apply (but of course they might want it!)

What would be the fee for recording the deed?

Does the ROFR process incur any cost? I understand it, and would (hopefully) sell at the appropriate price.

The only time I have heard of RORF being waived is in the case of a gift. I think you would haveto go through rofr if selling to a friend. Recording the deed should cost under $100- but if your friend wants a title search I am not sure how much that is.

I would expect to go through ROFR, but does that process cost anything?
No cost and currently no transfer fee I believe. Actually you need ROFR even on a gift just that it can be automatic with a gift, esp to family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter