Buying tickets Online VS. Standing in Line for Discounts.

Twinmommy1996

Earning My Ears
I have an Entertainment book 2001, for which I wil be entitled to about $24.00 in discounts if I buy (4) 2day park tickets to US/IoA, however you cant use the discount unless you buy the tickets at the gate. Is it worth standing in line to buy tickets to US/IoA or should I just forget about saving the $24.00 and buy my passes ahead of time. Keep in mind that I have an active set of 4 year old twins keeping me company in line to buy tix..ha ha. Thanks for any help.

It depends on when you are going to arrive. If you arrive about an hour before opening, lines are miminal. If you arrive at 11 am or noon, lines can be as long as Pterandon Flyers!

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

We also have the Entertainment Book but found the savings to be better and no lines by getting them from Ticketmania.Com. The prices are discounted and they come out to a little better savings than the Entertainment Book's coupon. And right now they are offering free delivery. I don'tthink you can go wrong. We just purchased tickets that way and are traveling in June.

We ordered our 3 day passes through Ticketmania on Tuesday and received the tickets in the mail on Friday. Plus they included a ton of brochures on the parks and local info. No lines for us!

Buy them directly from Universal on-line. For a 3 day pass you get a five dollar discount per ticket ($4 per ticket on a 2 day pass). The three day pass is a bargain. For $15 more than a 2 day pass on an adult ticket and $10 more on a kids ticket, you get a 3 day pass. So the cost of the third day is cheap and the passes never expire so that you could use the extra day on another visit. I bought them on-line from USF a couple of weeks ago and used the regular mail delivery ($3). The tickets arrived in five days. To get to USF the URL is 'www.usf.com'.

You can also order passes by calling Universal Studios Travel (# somewhere on their website) no shipping and you can get discount with fan club card, discover card and no shippping.

I didn't know you could order over the phone for the passes. I have the Fun card and I thought I would have to wait until I got down there to get my passes. Does anyone have the phone number to call to get the passes using the Fun card to get a discount?

º0º
Sharon in Florida
Wife to Cameron for the past 15 years (July 2)
Taxi Mom to: Christopher-12 & Kayla-8
My Trips to DW:
Next Trip: June 15-25, 2001
OffSite-1984,86,87,89,91&92
Honeymoon-1985
FW-6/94, 95, 96,2000

The cost of a 3-day pass at USF.com is $100.65 for an adult, $84.75 for child. That includes the $5 discount. www.ticketmania.com has them for $98 for an adult, $78 for child. Plus they currently aren't charging for mailing the tickets. That saves over $21 for 2 adults and 2 children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter