Buyers/Sellers BEWARE!!!

Aww, I hate to see posts like this. I have bought and sold with them many times since 2017 (sold 3 this month) and Lori and Mark have always been super responsive and professional.
Just my opinion, I really don't think this is a company you need to consider in the "beware of" category.
I completely agree. I‘ve purchased 2 contracts from Lori at www.dvcsales.com - both times everything was efficient, professional, and painless. She was a pleasure to work with (for us!).

I’ve never “lowballed” before... until this year when I saw they had a RIV contract for sale. I thought- if the price is low enough... I’ll bite. I offered $50pp less than asking, and sent an email to Lori explaining such an extreme offer. She completely agreed with me and presented it to the seller. He declined & even removed his listing!! The next week, another RIV sale was listed- but at $20pp less than their first RIV listing... I didn’t offer on that one (diff UY). So, I feel like they really listened to me as a buyer on that first one, and even directed their next seller accordingly!

Just another perspective 😉

(Though I do strongly agree with the other posters that they shouldn’t “bundle the price”in the offers. That drives me crazy!!)

I received similar statements when I made an offer through them as well, will be taken at ROFR, seller won't accept below asking, etc. That was my one and only offer there, as those comments just turned me off. I ended up with a great deal, 22% below asking, through www.fidelityresales.com, so no complaints, but I definitely feel your frustration!

I made a couple of offers through them.

First one, the seller didn't get back for a week to my offer, by which point I'd already put money down elsewhere. (Subsequently lost that due to seller selling/giving it to their child even though we'd passed ROFR, but that another story!)

Second one, turned out to be theirs. Lori explained the minimum price they were willing to take, unfortunately it didnt fit with us, or the rest of the market at that time. Similar statements about it not passing ROFR etc too.

I just went through an offer with www.DVCsales.com. I saw it on the site, bid low on it because it required reimbursement of 2020 dues. When it recapped my offer it showed no 2020 dues so I upped my offer to asking price. I called to explain to them why I did what I did and she told me why I should have to pay the 2020 fees but said she would approach the seller with the full price minus 2020 fees. Then I get an email back stating that the buyer had accepted another offer. WTH? She called me back and said she wasn’t able to contact the seller before he accepted a full price offer. I explained that mine showed as a full price offer and she had told me that mine was the only offer so far on the first call. Seems really sketchy to me.

I just went through an offer with www.DVCsales.com. I saw it on the site, bid low on it because it required reimbursement of 2020 dues. When it recapped my offer it showed no 2020 dues so I upped my offer to asking price. I called to explain to them why I did what I did and she told me why I should have to pay the 2020 fees but said she would approach the seller with the full price minus 2020 fees. Then I get an email back stating that the buyer had accepted another offer. WTH? She called me back and said she wasn’t able to contact the seller before he accepted a full price offer. I explained that mine showed as a full price offer and she had told me that mine was the only offer so far on the first call. Seems really sketchy to me.
That’s because it is! Lol

Sellers do often list with multiple brokers so it may not have been accepted thru dvcsales.com

FWIW I think I mentioned earlier about making an offer thru them a few weeks ago that the buyer did not budge on. I tried one more counter and no budging. I received an email today that the listing was no longer available as they had been informed by the seller that they had accepted another offer - ie because of that particular wording, and it sounds similar to what you were told, the seller probably had it also listed elsewhere that a buyer was found.

I bought another contract this summer. I made a lowball offer on one of their contracts and they did not even have the decency to respond. With every resale contract I have purchased, I have started off with a low ball offer. On one contract, I eventually increased my offer significantly and the seller and I came to an agreement. Since this company did not even respond, I did not have the opportunity to do this. I will never deal with this company in the future. Absolutely stupid way to run a business if you ask me. It's not like they are the only game in town.

I bought another contract this summer. I made a lowball offer on one of their contracts and they did not even have the decency to respond. With every resale contract I have purchased, I have started off with a low ball offer. On one contract, I eventually increased my offer significantly and the seller and I came to an agreement. Since this company did not even respond, I did not have the opportunity to do this. I will never deal with this company in the future. Absolutely stupid way to run a business if you ask me. It's not like they are the only game in town.
To be fair with them, the offer goes directly to the seller, who may or may not respond.

To be fair with them, the offer goes directly to the seller, who may or may not respond.
Thanks. Good to know. If this is the case, they should really change their business practice. On my end, whether it is true it or not, it looks like they just ignored my offer. I offered $15 below (some would not even call that lowballing) and would have been willing to come up by $10. Hard to attract my business in the future when I think they just don't care. I would certainly never sell one of my contracts through them.

Thanks. Good to know. If this is the case, they should really change their business practice. On my end, whether it is true it or not, it looks like they just ignored my offer. I offered $15 below (some would not even call that lowballing) and would have been willing to come up by $10. Hard to attract my business in the future when I think they just don't care. I would certainly never sell one of my contracts through them.
Oh yeah totally, I didn't have a good experience (see prev post!) In the end they lost out as I went elsewhere for both my contracts!

I get the idea, you and the seller can work it out, but I assume alot of sellers miss the emails!

Anyone who's had dealings with this site now had random emails in the last 24 hours?. Mark said the mail server went up the bend.

Not great to see other peoples email addresses being sent out multiple times!!

Anyone who's had dealings with this site now had random emails in the last 24 hours?. Mark said the mail server went up the bend.

Not great to see other peoples email addresses being sent out multiple times!!

Yes I had several last night. Offers, counter offers etc. And none of course actually related to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter