"But WHY did you do it?" Our Annual Disney Christmas trip PTR/TR Completed 10-17-11!!

ADR's of Christmas Present:

Ok, so...you know how you think you have it all planned out? Yeah...that looks great. Then, it hits you. That bug. The changing plans bug. So, let me go ahead and throw out the ADR's that I have been able to successfully snag and then I'll go on my rant :rotfl:

Thursday December 17th (Epcot day):
Les Chefs de France 2:20pm
Via Napoli 4:30 pm

Friday December 18th (DHS day):
50's Prime Time 11:20am
Sci-Fi 3:15pm
50's Prime Time 3:15pm

Saturday December 19th (MK day):
Kona Cafe 8:40am
Grand Floridian Cafe 1:50pm
Kona Cafe 5:05pm
The Wave 5:05pm

Sunday December 20th (AK day):
Boma 9:10am

Why do I have duplicates you say? So here's the deal. Here's how the plans evolved. Magic Kingdom, due to the Christmas Party, is only showing the Electrical Parade and Wishes on Saturday (thursday, friday and sunday are all party nights) and we unfortunately missed this last year due to checking the schedule on this one. So, MK had to go saturday. AK is a nice short park as far as having not many things to ride, so we put that on sunday since we'll have to go to bed early for an early flight the next morning. We always go to DTD on our MGM night because we've seen most of the shows (Indiana Jones and Lights Motor) a few years in a row and don't really care to see them again, so after Osbourne lights, we'll skip out and head to DTD and we really wanted that as Blake and my day/night, sooo...Epcot was left with Ann on Thursday. ;)

Ann, my friend that I always see every year we go to Disney moved to Orlando when we graduated high school, we kept in contact ever since then even with the move, so we have fun planning our day together each year. Last year she hung out at our resort, 2008 we went to Animal Kingdom, 2007 we went to Disney Quest and 2006 we hung out around Downtown Disney and went to the movies at AMC. Sooo..this year is Epcot!!

I'm trying to plan a dinner with her and having trouble with the country restaurants to please all of us. Via Napoli I realize is new, but they have brick oven pizza and that may be a fun chill dinner for all of us, and then I have France down because the menu looks pretty good, but harder for me because of my dairy allergy (versus pulling off cheese at a pizza restaurant because there are still meat toppings and pulling cheese off of mac and cheese or a ham and cheese sandwich at Chefs). So no clue on that one...really wanted to eat at Garden grill again...but no such luck!

Friday, our DHS, here's my dilemma on that one. We want to try 50's, we've eaten at Sci-Fi before and don't want to go to Brown Derby and spend 2 TS credits (even though I want to eat there)...so, we're left with these two. I hear 50's has good food, but big portions, so:

option 1) eat lunch at 11:20 at 50's, a big lunch, dessert and all....then eat again, but not as much, maybe just 1 dessert or a sandwich, something smaller at our 3:15pm ADR at Sci-Fi then go to DTD later, get something small at say Earl of Sandwich or an appetizer at Rainforest, because we know we are going to Rainforest and get drinks, it's been a tradition of ours since 2005 (we used to have a Rainforest back home in Baltimore and miss it dearly)
Option 2) Eat our 11:20am at 50's, fill up...then go to Sci-Fi, just get 1 burger and 1 dessert to split at 3:15, thus saving 1 TS credit for later in the week....then have an evening ADR at DTD at Raglan Road or Wolfgang Pucks (they're both available) and our drinks later at Rainforest...

Any ideas?!!? Have never eaten at RR or WP before.

Saturday...MK day. The original plan...:rotfl: was to get Tonga Toast at Kona and delicious Kona Coffee. That was it, we were set in stone. Then...I read that you are able to get Tonga Toast at Captain Cooks in the Poly as a counter service and save the TS credit for maybe doing a 2 credit somewhere...like BROWN DERBY maybe from the previous night at DHS?

Holy crap..think I just solved my own problem....:lmao:
Are you following along?

So...if we skip Sci-Fi all together, that's 1 TS credit down, if we skip Kona and eat the Tonga Toast at Capt Cooks, thus making Rope Drop for the 1st time ever at MK, that's another 1 TS credit...making....2 TS credits...cha-ching! Enough for Brown Derby! What do you all think?!!?:yay:

:rotfl: Ok...I'm back...
So Saturday...Magic Kingdom..think I'm going to scratch GFC, we love it, but have been there before...so...if we do Cosmic Rays at a CS for lunch, then have 2 options as you can see for dinner, both the same time.
1) The Wave
2) Kona Cafe

I think I'm leaning more toward Kona as the menu looks more appealing to me..any thoughts?
Should have enough time to get from either one of these places to hit the parade at 6pm and wishes to shortly follow.

Then, I think we're still left with 1 TS credit somewhere...I want to do something for AK, especially since the possibility of kicking out our only breakfast TS credit (a MAJOR no-no for Blake), I have Boma listed. I've heard very good things about their buffet...plus we'll just be right around the corner from AK...jump on the bus and in a few, we're ready for our last park!

Well...that certainly turned out crazier than I imagined, but come on ladies, help me out! Any ideas?!

Next time...ADR's that made the final cut!
And tune in Wednesday for "Where will we be a week from today!"

Jess, listen to your friend LL....

GO TO BROWN DERBY!

That is the plan to do. You and Blake will love it there, it is so nice and I highly recommend splurging on an appetizer of cobb salad. :thumbsup2

Hi! :wave: I never get on here enough anymore with my crazy drama-filled life, but looks like I popped in just in time!

Jess, listen to your friend LL....

GO TO BROWN DERBY!

That is the plan to do. You and Blake will love it there, it is so nice and I highly recommend splurging on an appetizer of cobb salad. :thumbsup2
I love your honesty LL..."here's what you are doing...thanks." :rotfl:
You know..I think I have made it a priority now :goodvibes

Hi! :wave: I never get on here enough anymore with my crazy drama-filled life, but looks like I popped in just in time!
Hey Julia!!Just take it easy for now girl, you know I love ya, but I know you have a ton of things going on right now. :hug:

This time next week!

Day 1: Wednesday, December 15th

It's time for where will we be, this time next week!

I'm working next wednesday, I start at 7:15am, I have the tanks from Kon-Lynn, Kon-GB, Tropical, Richardson, Oceana, BOC-Red Mill and South Beach to do. However, since Oceana, South Beach and Richardson I clean only once a week, while the other tanks are three times a week, the first three are flexible, so I'm moving them to Tuesday. That way, I'll only have 4 tanks to do on wednesday and that should put me finished around 12. On my way back from the oceanfront, I'm going to swing by and grab Riley (our dog) and take her to the vet for boarding before I finish up at work because the vet is right around the corner from my work and it doesn't make sense for me to go to work, drive back home, drive back to work, then drive back home. That'll save me about 40 minutes 'round trip. And probably save me some craziness with last minute planning, packing, you know the drill.

Then, the plan is to come back here, grab a shower, throw my shower stuff in the bag, which should be the last of everything. I'm not sure if Blake will be here or if he's even working at all that day. Then, either Blake's mom or Blake's friend David is going to drive us to Norfolk Int. and our flight leaves at 6:05pm. We're flying Southwest again, we love it, no fees, we pick our own seat. Awesome.

That puts us to Orlando...yay!! :banana: at 8:10pm. Now here's where the plan is up in the air. Depending on how long it takes us to get through
69769_626199259928_42707539_34964756_1716345_n.jpg

and arrive at

69769_626199264918_42707539_34964757_2418305_n.jpg

we're either going to take it easy and relax and unpack and maybe stroll the resort, or we're going to Epcot to catch Illuminations. The only problem, well I say problem, but this cold front we have coming through right now, puts Orlando at like 67 for the high and 39 for the low, holy crap, I mean compared to our current 32 for the HIGH, I'll take upper 60's any day. Just going to be weird not having 80 or 85 as our main temperature...hopefully it'll warm up some more!

I have a feeling we'll probably want to just relax that night and soak it all in because the next morning....we'll be headed to......

Stay tuned!!

Tentative Final ADR's:

Yes, I say tentative..only because the day we're going to MK, they're calling for 60% chance of rain and I'd personally rather have it rain on our DHS day than our MK day especially because it's the only day of the week that wishes and the electrical parade are happening! But..here they are:

Friday December 17th
50's Prime Time Cafe 11:20am

Friday December 17th
Hollywood Brown Derby 4:25pm

Saturday December 18th
Kona Cafe 5:00pm

Sunday December 19th
Boma 9:10am

WELL!? How do they look? :thumbsup2
4, count 'em FOUR new places. All new places! Should be exciting though!!

We did our online check in tonight! :banana:
And we got our Magical Express tickets in the mail! :woohoo:
They did mess up our resort since we had changed a little late, so hopefully our luggage ends up to the right spot! I called them and they're sending the right ones ASAP, but not sure if they'll get to us in time.

And, I checked on our flight price, just curious and we paid $406 nonstop for both of us, now, it's up to $650!!! We snagged a $89 flight down and now the cheapest is $205! :cool2: Thank goodness!

It warms my heart to see Brown Derby has made the list! It really is delicious and I hope you love it as much as I do. Since you are going before the dinner rush, I would ask for a booth, it is just such a neat feel to eat in a booth instead of a table.

Wow, I'm demanding, aren't I? :rotfl2:

It warms my heart to see Brown Derby has made the list! It really is delicious and I hope you love it as much as I do. Since you are going before the dinner rush, I would ask for a booth, it is just such a neat feel to eat in a booth instead of a table.

Wow, I'm demanding, aren't I? :rotfl2:

:rotfl:You're not demanding, you just GIVE real suggestions! Love it!
Oh I hope we love it! We're still deciding what to do about when to get ready (before or after dinner because we're heading to DTD afterwards) but Blake seems to like the menu options!

This time next week! (thursday)

Thursday December 16th:

This time next week we'll be in.....
154643_626535730638_42707539_34970474_6318724_n.jpg

EPCOT!!

The plan is to grab some of this
67813_626534562978_42707539_34970444_2989440_n.jpg

at our Pop century. Nothing in particular, probably just a Mickey waffle with strawberry sauce with sausage and some juice. But, I'm just sayin, nothing in particular :goodvibes

Then, we're going to head out and off to Epcot. My buddy Ann is meeting us here, not sure what time we'll get there, but should be decent as Blake and I are both used to getting up around 7:30 for work. I'd like to be at Epcot by 9:30 or so. Don't quote me on that though!

I had Blake circle all of his favorites and I added some of mine and thus compiled our list of must do's!

Ride Must do List
n42707539_31575317_8298.jpg

-Spaceship Earth
155021_626542087898_42707539_34970617_3165476_n.jpg

-The Land
155021_626542092888_42707539_34970618_1388527_n.jpg

-The Seas with Nemo and Friends

154643_626535715668_42707539_34970472_1067555_n.jpg

-Test Track

154643_626535720658_42707539_34970473_2032786_n.jpg

-Universe of Energy...I love Ellen
-Cool Club
And the must try this year/newbie, as I always chicken out every year because of the height factor
-Soarin'

I swear this is the year. Last year we got fastpasses for it, but didn't quite make it on.

The lunch plan
The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to drop our ADR this day. So I did. We really really enjoy Beaches and Cream, so I said to Blake last night, "why are we not going there again?"
Makes more sense as we have the dining plan and she doesn't. That way, it'll be a good chill spot with good chill food AND dairy free ice cream with peanut butter topping!

Then, it’ll be off to the countries!

My favorites are:
Japan (the Koi pond, and shops)
Germany (the Christmas decorations and clocks)
France (The fountain and stained glass of Beauty and the Beast)
Then, we’ll watch Illuminations
n42707539_31574272_160.jpg

and check out the beautiful Epcot Christmas tree and lights. Last year they took a lot of their lights down from previous years, definitely will have to look into that.

But I’m really very excited to see Ann, take lots of pictures and make memories! Speaking of which, I definitely need to clear off all my memory cards. Making sure I take extra this year.

Up next…Day 3 plans!

Great plan for Epcot! :thumbsup2

I think you might've just talked me into a lunch at Beaches and Cream. I thought it sounded super yummy, but I'd put it on our list of "things to do if/when we stay at BC". However, we are planning on touring the Epcot resorts while we are there to see Christmas decorations, so we might as well grab lunch at Beaches and Cream while we're there! Yay!!! :yay:

Hi all! We're back! We got back in on monday morning, but obviously with the holidays so close, I'll probably wait until after the weekend to start the TR. Hope you are all well!

I also need to thank Jen for paying attention. Sorry I missed the pre-trip fun but am ready to start fresh with the actual trip details. Hope it was a fun one!

LOL!!!!!! I'm here too Jess!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!! Subbing in and I can't wait to read more!!!!!!

Joining in for your TR!

I'm so sorry about your grandmother. :hug:

I think I would have had the same reaction that you had when your bf booked the trip! I would have needed to have some control! :rotfl:

Can't wait to read all about it!

Great plan for Epcot! :thumbsup2

I think you might've just talked me into a lunch at Beaches and Cream. I thought it sounded super yummy, but I'd put it on our list of "things to do if/when we stay at BC". However, we are planning on touring the Epcot resorts while we are there to see Christmas decorations, so we might as well grab lunch at Beaches and Cream while we're there! Yay!!! :yay:
I got so behind on my PTR! I so intended posting pictures of Beaches and cream on here but before I knew it the trip was already here! I hope your trip was awesome!

Subbing in!
Thanks!! Welcome to my TR!

Um, thank goodness for Jen reading the small print...:laughing: I am here for all the fun and games!
:rotfl: Thank you CP!! Jen is a good reader of small print isn't she!?
I also need to thank Jen for paying attention. Sorry I missed the pre-trip fun but am ready to start fresh with the actual trip details. Hope it was a fun one!
:rotfl:
Thanks C! I definitely got behind on the PTR, lol, so you didn't miss much! But thanks for joining in!

LOL!!!!!! I'm here too Jess!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!! Subbing in and I can't wait to read more!!!!!!
:rotfl2: You all are too funny!! Thanks for rounding up the gang Jen!!

I'm here! Can't wait for the report! The food looks gooooooooooooooooood
Thanks Julez! I need to get my butt in gear starting this one!

Joining in for your TR!

I'm so sorry about your grandmother. :hug:

I think I would have had the same reaction that you had when your bf booked the trip! I would have needed to have some control! :rotfl:

Can't wait to read all about it!
Hi Julie!! Haven't heard from you in a while! Definitely need to go check out your PTR! Thanks for joining in though!!:goodvibes
Thanks

Hi all! Welcome to my Trip Report!! I've taken some time getting caught back up with work and with the Christmas holiday, and of course, we got 14 inches of snow here in Virginia Beach. The news reports said they haven't seen this much snow since 1989, and before that 1899. :rotfl:

So, it figures that I would be here when that would happen :rotfl2: Did I mention I hate snow?

My parents came down for Christmas from Baltimore and had to drive back home on Christmas night because of the weather...but we had a great holiday the little time we had together. But of course I hope you all had a GREAT Christmas!

But now that I'm all settled down, let's get this TR started!!!

I have been trying to figure out how to introduce this thing, but I think the only way is to re-introduce how this PTR got started and then we'll answer the question of this then titled PTR, "But WHY did you do it."

So, as you all probably read earlier on, my bf Blake booked a very VERY last minute WDW trip. We have gone to Disney during December since we have been together 6 years ago. I may have freaked out a little in the beginning of the trip since I hadn't asked off of work yet (with like 10 days to spare), hadn't booked boarding for our dog Riley at the vet, and I hadn't grabbed up any ADR's. But things smoothed out I asked off, got the dog set, and snatched whatever ADR's I could find.

As our trip started, Jess finally figured out the answer to the question "But WHY did you do it?"as something along the 1st day of trip happened..............................

HE PROPOSED in DISNEY!!!
163898_628534704678_42707539_35016575_843695_n.jpg

And so...let me kick off this trip report saying, I have a fiance now and this was obviously probably the best trip we've had.

And with that, our trip report from December 16th-December 20th, 2010 BEGINS!

Next up....the night before the trip :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter