But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet! COMPLETED PAGE 32!

Hi everyone, I am the world-reknowned (!) other half of Pooh's-Honey-Pot! I thought I would join the DIS boards, and add to DW's food report as I see fit, as I was there :cool1:
It was so nice to meet everyone on the Disney Magic, this is what I love about American people, they are all so friendly :grouphug:

Anyway, look out for me on future updates from Sonya aka PHP!
:wave2: What a great idea!!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts too!!

I wish I could convince my fiance to join the DIS too! I think maybe our dining report could convince him!! :)

Everything looks delicious so far! Leaving in less than a week... can't wait to see it first hand!

We finally got home at 1am today. Am catching up on the goings on while offline... Love the picures of you and Tony! Wasn't that Crystal barefooted in the background? :rotfl2:

--Carole

I just finished reading your last review:thumbsup2 Can't wait to read this one:cool1: By the way I love that dress you are wearing on the cruise.

You are eating in quite a few of the same restaurants we are in august so i cant wait to read your reviews!:goodvibes

Oh lovely, which places are you going to?

Just caught up! Loved your last review, cannot wait for this one!

Thanks!:thumbsup2

Great start to you reviews. I'm off to the store now to p/u ingredients to make myself and DD some Magic Bars. I swear I gain weight just reading these reviews.

Ohh did you make them?!

Hi Sonya,

I'm excited to read your food report. I love drooling at you pics. Just showed Jim the Magic Cookie Bar and can't believe we didn't make it over to try one out (guess that's one for next time).

I love your cruise photos. The two of you look amazing.

Can't wait to revisit the cruise.
Jane

Hi Jane!

Yes you must have one of those next time! It was so nice meeting you on the trip . . . next time I will just say "hello" straight away, rather than stalking you round the shop at Raglan Road for ten minutes first trying to work out if it really is you!!!

I'm joining in! I love Dining Reviews!! Yummy!!! I can't wait to see more pictures of delicious food.

Hello!!! :wave2:

Sonya -

glad you found a Walmart with the Eagle Brand kit - they do great! (of course anything that has Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed milk is YUMMMY!)

No S'mores - well of course not if you dont have the graham crackers! My goodness! How can you have campfires without getting a burnt marshmellow stuck between a hard bar of chocolate, the graham cracker holds it all together! :rotfl:

so funny that you have Krispy Kreams but no graham crackers - they come in sugar coated and cinnamon, or honey flavors too!! What is Keebler thinking?

It was someone on my cruise thread who told me about the Eagle Brand kits - a bit heavy in the luggage, but so worth it!!!!

I just want to go outside and build a fire, just to try "real" smores!!!

Now this may seem like a dumb question but waht exactly are smores ( i know that they involve Graham crackers - whih we don;t have here in the Uk either!!!:lmao:)

Am I missing out on something?

I see someone else answered, so I will just say YES! So missing out! When is your next trip, because you will have to go to 50's Prime Time and try some!!!

Yaaaaaaaay! You started! And I missed 5 pages already!!

That totally sucks about Virgin! I really hope they own up to their mistake!

I am with you with Magic Cookie Bars! You got me hooked on them last year, Mmm! I was gutted I'd have to wait another 2 years for one, but I'm going to get me one next month! We're planning on staying at Wilderness Lodge next Summer, so I was very excited to find that they do them too - we're going to head over next month to... ahem... take photos of the resort for our families ;)

My EoS soulmate! Even if we have no other reason to head for WDW this year, EoS will bring us there! It will only be one visit, so I'm even fantasizing about ordering multiple sandwiches, trying to guess if they wrap up well so I can take them back to EoS-less I Drive :)

AND despite not having a car, now I want to take a taxi over to Walmart to get the Magic Cookie kits! I made some using the recipe too, subbing graham crackers for digestives - not the same :( They just went in the bin!

Looking forward to some more!!

There you are!:goodvibes

I am so pleased you liked the cookie bars!!! Yey!! :cool1:

Eos was GOOD this year! We had 3 visits with hot sandwiches, and then in a moment of inspiration we decided to get two of the cold ones for the plane journey home, rather than eating the food they serve up. Bear in mind we just shoved them in our bags, and didn't eat them for 7 hours they kept really well! So you can definitely keep them in your room for a day in you have a fridge!

popcorn:: ...love your reviews

Thanks!:thumbsup2

Hi everyone, I am the world-reknowned (!) other half of Pooh's-Honey-Pot! I thought I would join the DIS boards, and add to DW's food report as I see fit, as I was there :cool1:
It was so nice to meet everyone on the Disney Magic, this is what I love about American people, they are all so friendly :grouphug:

Anyway, look out for me on future updates from Sonya aka PHP!

Oh no, its that man who keeps stalking me!!!! :rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

[]

I want in too...:goodvibes

Yey! Hello!!!:banana:

I'm LATE!! I feel like the kid who's tardy to class!

I can't believe I missed PHP's start of her dining report!!!

Bring on the Meat & Potatoes! And the Magic Cookie Bars!

Oh, and btw... I am constanly amazed by your ability to eat the quantities of food you do and still maintain vertical stablilization! I would be asleep (food coma) or sick if I ate like that!

Can't wait for more!

Ms. H

We never get to go out in the evenings, we are always in sugar comas in our room by 9.30pm!!! :rotfl:

I did show myself up a little on the boat with how much I ate . . . the worst was the morning I had room service breakfast before my workout, then a buffet breakfast straight after!!!!:rotfl2:

Hi Sonya and Tony! DH and I are excited to read both of your reviews! You're so lucky to spend 2 weeks there and a week on the cruise (and eat all that yummy food)- we aspire to be like you someday! lol

Finally got over to the restaurant board to find your new report. I'm now perched by the 'puter with cutlery in hand just waiting to share your fab dining experiences. :hippie:

No S'mores - well of course not if you dont have the graham crackers! My goodness! How can you have campfires without getting a burnt marshmellow stuck between a hard bar of chocolate, the graham cracker holds it all together! :rotfl:

I'm afraid us poor cousins over the pond have to make do with just a toasted marshmallow on a stick! :sad2:

Hi everyone, I am the world-reknowned (!) other half of Pooh's-Honey-Pot!

Welcome, PHP's Hubby! :wave2:

Hmm, just answered my own question by actually reading the posts rather then commenting at the end! :goodvibesYou DO have a fan club! Rightly so too!
Also need to update my ticker - only wish it were true!!:laughing:

WOW!! I can't believe how many responses I've had already!! Thank you! Let me get this posted, and then I will answer you!:goodvibes

So let us begin with the first evening!

By the time we sorted out the problems with the room it was getting on for 7.30, and we were feeling the travel, so we decided just to stay on site. We walked down to the Riverside Mill at Port Orleans Riverside, as I had read about the make your own pasta dishes. This looked pretty good up close so I went for it! There are loads of meats, veg and sauces to choose from; I went for chicken, penne pasta, mushrooms, prochuttio ham, and broccoli in a creamy alfredo sauce, with mountains of cheese on top. This came with a bread stick. It only takes a few minutes to make and you can see them doing it. Portions are HUGE! I really, really enjoyed this. Creamy, tasty, and loads of pasta – just the comfort food I was craving. The bread stick was dry so I left that. I give it 8.5/10 (loses a bit for the breadsticks, and found a bone in the chicken!).

MYO Pasta
P1020235.jpg

Tony went for a pepperoni pizza, with some breadsticks and a marinara dipping sauce. He said this was moist and tomatoey, and not dry and gives it 8/10. The bread sticks were a bit dry and get 6/10.

Pizza & breadsticks
P1020236.jpg

Dessert time!!!! No guesses as to what I would have – the one reason I wanted to stay at Riverside! The Magic Cookie Bar. :love: A graham cracker base, covered in choc chips, coconut, nuts and condensed milk, and then baked. DIVINE!!! I ate about half with dinner, and then put the rest in the fridge in our room and ate over the next couple of days. Ok, I ate it the next morning as a pre-run snack, but who’s judging?! :rotfl:Its actually even nicer chilled, so try that! 10/10!

Giant choc cake front, and magic cookie bar
P1020234.jpg

Tony went for the chocolate cake which was moist and rich and gets 8.5/10.

We hadn’t bought the refillable mugs at this point, as we weren’t sure where we were going to end up staying, so the server gave us free cups to use the soda machines, rather than charging us – I love Disney!

And that was our first night – we were very pleased so far!

Coming tomorrow – not a full Disney day . Sassagoula Floatworks for breakfast, starbucks snack, Earl of Sandwich lunch and Tony Romas dinner.

Little bonus picture – on the way to the airport in the UK we stopped for a Krispy Kreme dinner! Yummo!!!
P1020227.jpg

1st time checking in and you seem to have quite a fan club too bad they can't get to hear the English accent while you type. I get people just ask me to talk to hear my accent LOL.

Anyway on to the real topic of discussion I am booked in with my DH, DD & DS to POFQ in August and am intrigues by the pasta station you described. Is it a TS or CS? I am on free dining.

Thanks for the details great to hear opinions of fellow DISers:yay:

Om nom nom nom, that pasta looks nummy, and the cookie bar...*Drools* I'm on board, nice to see some fellow brit reviews!

Thanks for the EoS tip!! I'm telling you, that's really going to come in handy!! :)

I'll have left my bikinis there, only to come back laden with EoS!

No digestives dont quite cut it!! We are seriously deprived over here! The one supermarket which did Reese's cups doesn't do them any more :scared1: Thank goodness for the lovely people we cruised with - they filled my fish extender with them!!

Oh I can't believe you were a cast member - I would love that! Did you get discounts on vacations? ;)

I hope you get some ideas! Where are your favourite places to eat currently?

Yes...I definately miss the discounts I got as a Cast Member! As a matter of fact, I just said to my dh last night...maybe I should go get a part time job at the Disney Store to help with the cost of this trip. He didn't think that was such a good idea though...apparently he thinks I would spend more than I make and that would negate any saving we would get on our trip. :rotfl: Not to mention the fact that then I couldn't even go on the trip...vacation in the month of December is not happening if you work in retail!

As for our favourite restaurants...with the kids we seem to do a lot of character meals...they love them (who am I kidding...we love them too!) But this year we are doing "Date Night" and going to Schula's at the Dolphin for dinner. I will be our 13th anniversary while we are in the World so my dh wants to do something "just the 2 of us". He chose Schula's b/c he is a big NFL fan and loves him some steak! So the kiddies will go to Camp Dolphin (child care facility at the Dolphin) for a couple of hours and we will have Date Night!

Yeah!!!! I'm so looking forward to another of your reports, Sonya! You rock!

This is my first time ever posting on someone else's thread but I had to jump in and say that I LOVED your last report, it was the first one I'd ever read! We are very similar in our approach to holiday dining... quantity rather than quality!!! Bring it on, I can't wait to read all about it! I'm off again in September and you have been to many of my (hopeful) choices!

If you're after fantastic discounts in WDW, you should do what I did and go off on the International Program and spend a year in Epcot! Not only do you get to go and work there every day, but you also get free entry into all of the other parks!!! What could be better? How about discounts on dining and merchandise? Oh yes!!!! :cool1: Needless to say, it makes my boring job back in the UK seem even worse! How could it possibly be better than working for the Mouse?!?!

Helloooooooo and welcome to my brand new food report! I had great fun writing last years, so I’m back for another go!

MEDICAL DISCLAIMER!! I am afraid to say you are not going to see much healthy food over the course of this review. There is, however, a medical reason!!! Yes, I am able to justify the diet you are about to see before you! I suffer a bit of an ongoing tummy problem, which has been getting a lot worse lately. When I went to the doctor he asked me about my diet. I proudly (and a little smugly) told him that I eat about 8 portions of fruit and veg a day. He advised me that this is “too healthy” and I needed to cut back.

Well, as you will see, I am never one to ignore doctor’s orders!!!!!!!!!
:rotfl2:

So let me introduce us, I am Sonya and my DH is Tony. We have been together 7 years, been to Disney 6 times in that time (in 2004 I won a holiday to Australia so we couldn’t go to Florida . . . ironically I only entered the competition to try and win the 2nd prize which was cash, in order to pay for a Florida trip!), and in 2006 we got married in Disney’s wedding pavilion. We love us a bit of Disney.

Things we don’t like – seafood and small portions, so you won’t see much of them here! Apart from that we are pretty much anything goes, diet-wise!

This year’s trip was quite long! We spent two weeks in Orlando from May 2nd – 16th, and then a week on the Disney Magic cruising the Western Caribbean! That’s a lot of food . . . that’s a lot of weight to gain. Tony has already weighed himself . . . it wasn’t pretty. I am holding off for a week or so!

This is us on the formal night on board. Hi there!!
P1030522.jpg
P1030537.jpg

Had a bit of a rough start to the trip – we were meant to be staying at Port Orleans Riverside . . . when we arrived they told us Virgin (our TA’s) had cancelled the booking 10 days earlier, and the hotel was full!!!!! :scared1:Thank goodness for Disney customer service is all I can say. They found us a room at French Quarter (where we stayed last year and loved) and we decided to stay there for the full two weeks (nearer to the beignets!!). Took a few days for the TA to sort out the dining plan (which we were on for the first time) and our park tickets, as they were cancelled as well, but we got there in the end! And yes, there is a 6 page complaint letter in the post to our travel agents as we speak!!! And no, stress doesn’t put us off our food! :thumbsup2

So without further ado, a list below of the places we will be reviewing! We went to a mix of old and new places (to us) this year, and have a new surprise favourite!

Table Service
Boma – breakfast and dinner
Le Cellier – lunch
T-Rex – dinner
California Grill - dinner
Ohanas – dinner
50’s Primetime – dinner
Kona Café – breakfast
The Wave - dinner
1900 Park Faire – dinner
Chefs De France – lunch
Nine Dragons – dinner
Crystal Palace – dinner
Beaches n Cream – lunch and dinner
Chef Mickey – breakfast
Grand Floridian café – lunch
Raglan Road – dinner
House of Blues

Counter Service
Riverside Mill Food court – dinner - page 3
Sassagoula Floatworks – breakfast (many times!)
Earl of Sandwich – lunch (4 times)
Cookes of Dublin – lunch
Wolfgang Puck Express – breakfast and lunch
Peco Bills - lunch
Pizzafari – lunch
Captain Cook’s – breakfast
Casey’s - lunch

Snacks
Ghirardelli’s (about 25 times!)
Sunshine Seasons
Goofy’s Candy Store
Main Street Bakery (too many times!)
Mini Donut Hut - Blizzard Beach
Kaka Gori
Kringla Bakeri
Riverside Mill food court
Popcorn stand
Icecream stand in AK
Dinosaur Gerties
Anandapur Icecream Truck
Pretzel stand
Sleepy Hollow

Off-site
Tony Romas - dinner
Market Street Café, Celebration – lunch
Buffalo Wild Wings – lunch
Starbucks – snack

Plus 7 nights of fabulous food onboard the Disney Magic!

Hope some of you can join me for these reviews! :goodvibes Will get the first review up tomorrow!

Hi Sonya ~ I'm here :upsidedow. Can't wait to catch up on your report. You do such an entertaining job :thumbsup2. Can't wait for your review from our cruise popcorn::. ~ Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter