Busses from treehouse villas

wdwdano@yahoo.com

Theme Park Commando
Hey all,

How do the busses work from SSR tree-houses run? Does the THV get there own bus? Is it a first off last on sort of thing?

From allears.net:
How do I take Disney transportation to the theme parks from the Treehouse Villas?
There is no direct park service from the Treehouse Villas. You must take the internal shuttle bus to The Springs stop and change to a bus heading to your theme park of choice. There is boat service from the Treehouse Villas dock to the Carraige House at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa with continuing service to the West Side Dock at Downtown Disney. Those are the only three stops the boat makes.​
http://allears.net/acc/faq_treehouse.htm

erionm's citation of AllEars correctly represents Disney transportation during our stay in June -- boat service to Carriage House and DTD West Side; internal bus to the Springs with connections from the Springs to theme parks. Treehouse bus runs frequently, probably about every twenty minutes if not quicker.

We haven't used Disney transportation from the Treehouses, as we've had our own car, but I'd budget sixty to seventy-five minutes for one-way to the parks. Depending on your location in THV and mobility, you might be able to save some time by hoofing it to the Grandstand bus stop.

We found the bus transportation from THV to SSR to parks to be very cumbersome and time sucking. Personally speaking, I would not stay in the THV again without my own transportation. If you are lucky enough to get a treehouse that is closer to the Grandstand section, you could walk and just catch the direct SSR buses. We were clear on the other end so we had the option of the time consuming transfers or a very long walk.

We found the bus transportation from THV to SSR to parks to be very cumbersome and time sucking. Personally speaking, I would not stay in the THV again without my own transportation. If you are lucky enough to get a treehouse that is closer to the Grandstand section, you could walk and just catch the direct SSR buses. We were clear on the other end so we had the option of the time consuming transfers or a very long walk.

Having been fortunate enough to get into the THV last summer I agree that the only way I would stay there is if you have your own transportation. Fortunately for us we did. We have had a car every trip since probably 2009. It is definitely the way to go. The convenience is worth the cost.

If you have more than one vehicle and are staying in the THV, you will be limited to parking only one vehicle at your treehouse villa. The other vehicle will need to be parked at the Grandstand. There is only one parking place per villa.

After reading this thread, I'm SO glad I opted to rent a car for our Treehouse Villa stay next week. I had requested a villa close to the Grandstand, but given my bad luck with room requests, I broke down and finally booked a car (for the first time ever at Disney World.) I hate driving on vacation, but I think this was probably a good call!

After reading this thread, I'm SO glad I opted to rent a car for our Treehouse Villa stay next week. I had requested a villa close to the Grandstand, but given my bad luck with room requests, I broke down and finally booked a car (for the first time ever at Disney World.) I hate driving on vacation, but I think this was probably a good call!

We're driving so we'll actually have a car as well and we don't plan on going to a lot of parks but we may go to one or two during food and wine.

We're driving so we'll actually have a car as well and we don't plan on going to a lot of parks but we may go to one or two during food and wine.

We're going to be there for 8 nights, but only going to parks 2 days (and both waterparks.) But on our MK day, we have a reservation at Kona before 8. I knew we'd never make it there that early if we had to rely on WDW transportation. Much as I don't like driving, I think this is the one location that necessitates a car. And since I'll be doing a fair amount of cooking, I'm glad I can do my own grocery shopping.

The above does show the transportation options at THV, but about half the villas (any on the south side) are pretty close to the grandstand area and an easy walk. On the other hand, if you have a car, I would want to stay in the north part of the villas, the roads are one lane and if you get caught behind the bus or other traffic it could take you awhile to move through the area.

As in all real estate, its location, location, location! The south villas are also near the boat dock and the quiet pool (its more in the middle of the villas)

We're going to be there for 8 nights, but only going to parks 2 days (and both waterparks.) But on our MK day, we have a reservation at Kona before 8. I knew we'd never make it there that early if we had to rely on WDW transportation. Much as I don't like driving, I think this is the one location that necessitates a car. And since I'll be doing a fair amount of cooking, I'm glad I can do my own grocery shopping.

Amen same here. Off to publix for us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter