Budget trip: All Star Sports vs PoP

With the bigger beds plus the skyliner and IMO a better view with the lake, I say POP is very much worth the extra $350. Could you check with a few travel agents to see what kind of deals they offer as well?

I have stayed at POP 4 times and the only time we've ever seen the lake is when we took a walk around the resort one evening.... IMO, lake view should not be written into this equation for the OP.... even though Pop is for sure my favorite value resort!

Thanks for all the responses! The view is not at all a concern. The comfort of the bed is the main thing for us. Since we work opposite shifts we normally sleep alone in a queen bed. I feel like I’m already going to struggle sleeping with him. And sleeping at night. I think i will move over to pop for that reason. My boss said I can pick up a few extra shifts so that will cover the difference in price.

Thanks for all the responses! The view is not at all a concern. The comfort of the bed is the main thing for us. Since we work opposite shifts we normally sleep alone in a queen bed. I feel like I’m already going to struggle sleeping with him. And sleeping at night. I think i will move over to pop for that reason. My boss said I can pick up a few extra shifts so that will cover the difference in price.

You won't regret it!

I don't necessarily mean from the room, but from the resort in general.
I understood what you meant and agree. At the AllStars you’re mostly surrounded by parking lots. It’s much more pleasant and relaxing to walk around Pop with a view of the lake.

Just a thought, but what about Music. It is supposed to be next in line for the refurbed rooms. When are those supposed to be started?

Just a thought, but what about Music. It is supposed to be next in line for the refurbed rooms. When are those supposed to be started?
They just finished the 2nd to last Movies building a couple days ago and they’ve been doing 2-3 at a time; I would imagine the first building at Music will start after Dorian clears out.

I think i would make it work, 350 is 3 days at disney. You could always try and work with a travel agent. We had a bounceback offer and i had ti make some changes my agent made the changes for us and got us some nice perks in the process.its free to try.

I'd go with Pop. If AS Sports was renovated I might go for it, but pre-reno it's totally worth the extra money to stay at Pop. We did one night at Movies just before they started the renos there and the room was in rough shape.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter