Bringing subway or Jimmy Johns thru airport security and onto plane??

mya1k9

Mouseketeer
The TSA website is confusing to me. It says you can have wrapped sandwiches but no ketchup or mayo, things like that. Subway sandwiches are wrapped, but not sealed per say, and they contain mayo. I think they mean "loose" mayo but my DH doesn't want to buy sandwiches off site just to get them tossed. Any one have recent experience with this?? What about granola bars, fruit snacks, pretzels and such? Can they be in baggies or do they need to be in their original container?? Thanks so much. We are flying out of Milwaukee if that makes any difference! 2 more sleeps!!!! So excited!!:tiptoe:

The TSA website is confusing to me. It says you can have wrapped sandwiches but no ketchup or mayo, things like that. Subway sandwiches are wrapped, but not sealed per say, and they contain mayo. I think they mean "loose" mayo but my DH doesn't want to buy sandwiches off site just to get them tossed. Any one have recent experience with this?? What about granola bars, fruit snacks, pretzels and such? Can they be in baggies or do they need to be in their original container?? Thanks so much. We are flying out of Milwaukee if that makes any difference! 2 more sleeps!!!! So excited!!:tiptoe:

You can have the mayo on the sandwich, just not a packet of mayo or a jar (a packet could probably go in your 3-1-1 bag). The snacks are ok as long as they are solid, no fruit drinks.

Condiments already on a sandwich are fine.
Condiments in individual packaging have to fit in your 3-1-1 bag.
Condiments in containers larger than 3.4 ounces will be confiscated.
The other things you listed their shapes without being in a container so do not go in the 3-1-1 bag.

We took Subway sandwiches through TSA security out in California last summer without any issues.

You should have seen the lady behind me at MCO with a huge pepperoni pizza!!! TSA loved her!!! Yes, it went through the scanner.
As long as you aren't trying to bring in jars of condiments, you'll be fine. Those small packets are fine...just tuck them into your 3-1-1 baggie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter