brightline update

You mean regular trains...right?
I'm really unsure.. but they are brand new and installed next to the new crossing gates on the brightline tracks ( one day) I had to guess they were all for brightline... I will get the pic off my sons phone and upload it tomorrow.

They run once an hour, I don’t know that would be practical for people going to Disney. People complain about the long lines for Magical Express. Much easier to hop in a car when you get there, either rental, Uber/Lyft, car service. Then straight to your resort.

They run once an hour, I don’t know that would be practical for people going to Disney. People complain about the long lines for Magical Express. Much easier to hop in a car when you get there, either rental, Uber/Lyft, car service. Then straight to your resort.
They currently run once an hour in South Florida.
It's too early to know the schedule in central Florida, but it's a supply and demand thing. More people using the service will add train cars or traind.

I'm really unsure.. but they are brand new and installed next to the new crossing gates on the brightline tracks ( one day) I had to guess they were all for brightline... I will get the pic off my sons phone and upload it tomorrow.
We saw several cars that looked like rock-hauling cars next to the tracks in one spot. They appeared new, but I thought they were going to use them to haul rock for the roadbed. But if you see Brightline cars, they will be very distinctive.

We saw several cars that looked like rock-hauling cars next to the tracks in one spot. They appeared new, but I thought they were going to use them to haul rock for the roadbed. But if you see Brightline cars, they will be very distinctive.

View attachment 619610
This week we have seen new colors.
All the train colors are bright something
Now we have seen bright orange and bright green to go with the bright pink and bright red that we had over the summer.

The logistics/frequency of the service between MCO and WDW are yet to be determined, I expect that there will be some type of special express service arrangement between WDW and Brightline, especially since the WDW station is being built on-property and in partnership with Disney..

The logistics/frequency of the service between MCO and WDW are yet to be determined, I expect that there will be some type of special express service arrangement between WDW and Brightline, especially since the WDW station is being built on-property and in partnership with Disney..
There will also be a transition phase between operations to MCO beginning and the link to Disney Springs. Brightline will arrange options for that. I think a hookup between Brightline and Mears at MCO would be a natural, and that could transition from buses at MCO to van shuttles from DS.

I'm not so sure. Disney dropped DME, presumably to save money. Disney buses don't accommodate luggage. Does Disney want to replace airport DME with a similar service located at DS? I'm sure the train service will be "express". I doubt there will be any stations between MCO and DS.

Eventually Brighline might make transportation from Tampa airport to Disney easier.

Eventually Brighline might make transportation from Tampa airport to Disney easier.
This is what I'm hoping for, especially if it connects to the Tampa airport, giving more options of which airport to use. We've flown into Tampa a couple of times, but now that it's just two of us, the savings in airfare don't offset the cost of the rental car that's about the only practical option for getting to and from WDW. When we fly to MCO, we have a choice between renting a car and using other means to get to WDW.

There will also be a transition phase between operations to MCO beginning and the link to Disney Springs. Brightline will arrange options for that. I think a hookup between Brightline and Mears at MCO would be a natural, and that could transition from buses at MCO to van shuttles from DS.
Do you think Mears Connect directly to resorts will cost more then Brightline to DS then paid van service to your resort? Do we think time from baggage claim to your resort will be significantly (any?) shorter with train and vans vs motor coach from MCO?

Some posters, not you, seem to think Brightline to WDW from MCO will be a home run. If I had to bet more like a foul ball.

Do you think Mears Connect directly to resorts will cost more then Brightline to DS then paid van service to your resort? Do we think time from baggage claim to your resort will be significantly (any?) shorter with train and vans vs motor coach from MCO?

Some posters, not you, seem to think Brightline to WDW from MCO will be a home run. If I had to bet more like a foul ball.
I'm with you. To me, the extension to DS is much more important for people flying into MIA, FLL, or PBI. And down the road, for people flying into TPA.

Getting off a plane at MCO, collecting your luggage and taking the train to DS, and then having to get a ride somewhere else, is just wasted time IMHO -- unless someone just wants that experience.

I don't know about pricing, but I personally would pay more Mears Connect than I would for Brightline, and then still have to get a ride from DS to my resort. OTOH, if the guest were staying offsite, those time and math calculations would be different.

The other possibility that we haven't factored in is that some resorts -- especially large offsite resorts like those at Bonnet Creek -- might well offer free shuttles from the DS Brightline station. That would be much less expensive than shuttling from MCO, and some of them already have DS shuttles.

I'm with you. To me, the extension to DS is much more important for people flying into MIA, FLL, or PBI. And down the road, for people flying into TPA.

Getting off a plane at MCO, collecting your luggage and taking the train to DS, and then having to get a ride somewhere else, is just wasted time IMHO -- unless someone just wants that experience.

I don't know about pricing, but I personally would pay more Mears Connect than I would for Brightline, and then still have to get a ride from DS to my resort. OTOH, if the guest were staying offsite, those time and math calculations would be different.
The other possibility that we haven't factored in is that some resorts -- especially large offsite resorts like those at Bonnet Creek -- might well offer free shuttles from the DS Brightline station. That would be much less expensive than shuttling from MCO, and some of them already have DS shuttles.
I agree. I don't think the DS stop is intended for people flying into MCO. I think it's to make it easier for people to use the south Florida airports (and connect to cruises there) and the Tampa airport.

I agree. I don't think the DS stop is intended for people flying into MCO. I think it's to make it easier for people to use the south Florida airports (and connect to cruises there) and the Tampa airport.
Agree. We are already building a Brightline terminal at PortMiami. PortMiami to DS via Brightline is going to be huge, I think.

The current Brightline stations in WPB and Ft. Lauderdale are both quite a distance from PBI and FLL. However, the line runs right through FLL and pretty close to PBI and Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale.

I'd factor that as low. Brightline fare might wind up being higher then Mears Connect, even if Bonnet Creek offers free shuttles. Bonnet Creek only offers free shuttles, included in the resort fee, to guests staying in the hotels. Guests in the timeshare development pay for shuttles.

People on vacation don't want to wait for ground transportation. Brightline would have to have service at least very 30 minutes, maybe 15-20 minutes, for it to be workable. I can't see offsite resorts offering complimentary shuttle service every 15 or even every 30 minutes.

I know the convention routing would be $$$. A long shot. I could see business flyers, little checked luggage, being interested in a train to the convention center. They might not even care if the fare was a few dollar more then bus transfers.

edited to add: Maybe the DS hotels could service a DS train station.

Sadly this is 100% a motorist issue, not a train issue, its very simple, railroad crossing with flashing red lights and gate activated = do not cross..
"Oh, but the train is moving really slow through a congested area...I think I can make it..."

Sadly this is 100% a motorist issue, not a train issue, its very simple, railroad crossing with flashing red lights and gate activated = do not cross..
In this case, the driver wasn't crossing the tracks. She had turned on to the tracks and got stuck and was unable to get back to the roadway before the train hit her vehicle.

In this case, the driver wasn't crossing the tracks. She had turned on to the tracks and got stuck and was unable to get back to the roadway before the train hit her vehicle.
Why on earth did she turn onto the tracks???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter