Brightline Train opening soon

I don’t know how many of you have driven in the Miami area lately, but south Florida has become so congested since everyone moved here post-covid that if you can get from Orlando to Miami in 3 hours by car, I’ll eat my shirt. Unless you’re doing that drive at 3am, you are looking at more like 5 hours with traffic pretty much any day of the week.
For this reason alone BL is totally worth it - The traffic as you approach Miami is mind boggling.
MCO to MIA in 3 hours and not having to deal with traffic? for $100? Sign me up.

For this reason alone BL is totally worth it - The traffic as you approach Miami is mind boggling.
MCO to MIA in 3 hours and not having to deal with traffic? for $100? Sign me up.
Also, Port Miami has the highest parking price at $22 dollars or something obnoxious. I'm sure its gone up. That adds up for a 7 day cruise.

You got stabbed in the hand? pshh...I got stabbed in the neck. :rolleyes2

But $22 is cheap for parking. Not sure how you can equate it with getting stabbed. Now paying $40m for one acre of property. Yes that is outrageous. No one is getting rich selling parking. That is why so many lots are getting removed and replaced with buildings.

This is incorrect. MCO is the recognized FAA airport code for Orlando International airport.
K is the ICAO identifier for the United States and MCO is normal 3 letter code used by most... both MCO and KMCO are technically correct designator... The same as CYYZ or YYZ can be used to designate Toronto-Pearson and...
This is where easy ends though as most other countries have a two letter designation - so the 4 letter and 3 letter codes can be very different (LHR is EGLL for Heathrow)

K is the ICAO identifier for the United States and MCO is normal 3 letter code used by most... both MCO and KMCO are technically correct designator... The same as CYYZ or YYZ can be used to designate Toronto-Pearson and...
This is where easy ends though as most other countries have a two letter designation - so the 4 letter and 3 letter codes can be very different (LHR is EGLL for Heathrow)
In the original post, the user was claiming that the FAA code for Orlando International Was "OIA" which is incorrect which spurred my response.

The majority of US travelers simply use the 3 digit Airport code when traveling. My post was to address incorrect information.

In the original post, the user was claiming that the FAA code for Orlando International Was "OIA" which is incorrect which spurred my response.

The majority of US travelers simply use the 3 digit Airport code when traveling. My post was to address incorrect information.
Actually, the post that you quoted specifically said that KMCO was the FFA identifier. MCO is the FAA identifier (KMCO is the IATA identifier), but nobody claimed that OIA was the FAA identifier.

And, this is a rather silly conversation. From context, I think it's clear what OIA meant here.

Actually, the post that you quoted specifically said that KMCO was the FFA identifier. MCO is the FAA identifier (KMCO is the IATA identifier), but nobody claimed that OIA was the FAA identifier.

And, this is a rather silly conversation. From context, I think it's clear what OIA meant here.
It wasn't. I had to parse it out. Which is why I asked.

I live right next to the parks and made the drive to FLL on a Friday in 3.5 hours.
It can take an hour and a half to get from FLL to port of Miami in current traffic.

I live in S. FL. This winter snowbird season is 10x worse than it has ever been. Reports are the population in counties Palm Beach and points south is higher than it has ever been in recorded history.

I took 6 years (1988-1994) to dig the channel tunnel under the English Channel.

It took 15 years (1988-2003) to upgrade the tracks in Britian to enable high-speed travel for the entire London-Paris route.

-Paul

Cocoa, not Cocoa Beach.
Since the terminal is in Cocoa, how will people going on a ship departing from Port Canaveral get from the station to the ship?

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter