Brian's Wish for Magic!! MAW cruise 3/27-4/3/10

I called them to make sure that they get the documents sent to them, somethings regarding our flights were changed and I cannot get into the Jetblue site now and I really want to check in on-line the day before to avoind lines at the airport. If it is not reseolved before we leave, I ask if they could print the boarding passes and I would come over and get them. No problem!! Yeah. And my biggest question was regaurding the gratuities, are they taken care of or do we have to take care of them....They are prepaid!! another :yay::yay:

I didn't ask if they do a pre-trip party, or just drop off the info?/ we will soon find out!!!

WOW.. That's great on the gratuities :-) AWESOME.. I am hoping that isn't part of the expense cash

Subbing! I think it's great that you all are going on a cruise! I can't wait to read more about your plans.:goodvibes

We have been a little busy here. Another snow day yesterday!! We have not used this many snow days in the past 3 years combined. Wednesday was my DH birthday, I worked that day, but made a nice dinner and picked up a cake (which we did not get a chance to eat!!).

We live a great street!! We have become very close with 3 others families, and spend almost every weekend, Sunday dinners, and summer vacations with them. We have children the same ages and really enjoy each others company. We have a great time and are basically a party waiting to happen. Having said all that, We had the neighbors for pizza and cake last night. The kareoke (sp?) machine came out and I think everyone finally went home by 12:30 am. Tonight is my kids school's biggest fundraiser, an Auction. This year's theme is "A Night in the Caribbean" complete with a steel drum band and Bahama Mama's!! This will help to get me even more excited about Brian's Cruise!! I just hope the Bahama Mama's do not have me bidding on everything!!! and the best part of tonight is the kids are having a sleep over at my sister's!!!! :cool1::cool1:

I finally uploaded some photo's of my kids to post here. So here they are: This is Brian on our cruise in '08. One of my favorites and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation just used it in recent mailing!
067.jpg
All of them in Hilton Head this past summer
226.jpg

Brian and me!!
138.jpg

Speaking of Bahama Mamas
041.jpg

THis is all of us and my niece
150.jpg

I think thats enough pictures for today!!

Your kids are gorgeous.....:-)

What a beautiful Family :-)

Nice to have neighbors you get along with LOL

One more month to go........:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I know ...very excited!!!! Well the Auction was more expensive then I hoped!!! But it will be worth it!! and it is for a good cause!!! We had a good time and the Bahama mamas we very good!!!
The kids and the dog are still at my sisters...I guess I have to go get them soon!:lmao::lmao:

Well it's a been a few days since I updated, but did not have any news until today. Brian's wish grantor called today and made a date to come and drop off all the paperwork, luggage tags, etc. She said they will only be here 15-20 minutes. OK, no party I guess:confused3:confused3 That's is fine. I would not even think of it except for all the stories I've read. I asked her if he was going to be given a MAW T-shirt and she said no, just a pin:mad::mad: I was really looking forward to him getting a shirt! I guess I will have to try my luck at making him one!! I am not creative or crafty!! We will see what happens. I have to go over to the Designs threads and see what I can find.

A Disney cruise is a lot of work!! There of door magnets to be made, Fish extender gifts to be organized. To clarify these...the cabin doors are metal so someone years ago thought up the idea to make or buy magnets to decorate their doors. It is very cool and I have some very cool ones. A Fish Extender (or FE for short) is a decorated hanging pocket organizer that hangs from the Fish that Disney has deorating the outside of every cabin. The fish has a slit at the top that DCL will leave messages for you if they need. and someone ( I bet the same person as the magnets!!!:lmao::lmao:) created the fish extender (it extends the fish...get it!!:rotfl:) and created a gift exchange betweens DISers. The gifts are like tatoo's, cards, glow sticks, lip balm. The kids are so psyched for that. They want to deliver all the gifts.
Someone on our cruisemeets thread is actually organizing a tour of St. Marten for about 30 DISers. It sounds like a great tour and there is going to be a few kids with similar ages. Will post pictures when we get home.

3 weeks from tomorrow:yay::yay::cool1::cool1:

We didn't get any kind of party either so don't feel badly. It kind of surprised me that, given it's a national organization, that don't have consistent policies across the board but..................it is what it is.

I can't wait to hear about your cruise (and see all the px). I've never been on a cruise (not even without kids or when single). It sounds like so much fun but with 4 kids it's just cost prohibitive..................well, unless it's our sole vacation for the year which is not an option. Do you have a good idea of how the trip will play out (w/regards to activities on board, shore excursions etc.)?

We didn't get any kind of party either so don't feel badly. It kind of surprised me that, given it's a national organization, that don't have consistent policies across the board but..................it is what it is.

I can't wait to hear about your cruise (and see all the px). I've never been on a cruise (not even without kids or when single). It sounds like so much fun but with 4 kids it's just cost prohibitive..................well, unless it's our sole vacation for the year which is not an option. Do you have a good idea of how the trip will play out (w/regards to activities on board, shore excursions etc.)?

It is very surprising that there is no consistant policy across the board. You would think that donations would be to the whole organization not a particular chapter. Anyway, not upset at all!! Very grateful for everything that he is getting!! More than I ever dreamed!!

The cost factor is huge!! DCL can be very expensive. Try a different cruise line. Since DCL started many cruise lines have had to become very kid friendly!! We are not really planning anything before we leave. Last time I planned excursions, massages and I found we had too much to do. I would rather we all relax and see what we want to do. We actually did a Disney cruise for my 40th Birthday. Brian was sick right before we left and we were weaning him of his meds, steroids, etc. Well the sea air did something!! His cough was horrible. My daughter was diagnosed with Bronchitis 3 days before we left, so I was giving everyone treatments and steroids!!

So far everyone is well.
Just keeping my fingers crossed and not saying a word before we leave!!

Only 3 weeks to go:cool1::banana: The FE and the gifts sounds really neat! I have never been on a cruise either although Im not sure I would ever want to go.A plane ride and a boat ride in the same week I just don't think I can handle:rotfl2: I love to read the cruise reports especially the Wish ones:thumbsup2 I can't wait to read yours.

I really need to start organizing everyone's clothes, but right now the dining room table is covered with Girl scout Cookies that we need to distribute!!! Why do we do what we do??? Catherine sold over 150 boxes of cookies....I need to get them out of the house!! and the kids seem to think that since they are in the house they can eat them!!

Today was report card day and parent-teacher conferences!!! The kids did pretty good for the most part. My oldest is having a bit of trouble, but better then last trimester. My biggest problem with today was it's Monday following the weekend we start our St. Patricks Day festivities!! We went to a party Saturday Night and our daughter marched in the local parade with her Irish Step school, then to another party, followed by dinner with friends:scared1: I can hardly keep my eyes open right now. I had to pry the kids out of bed this morning.
Catherine and friends (she is in the middle)
004.jpg

Some cool t-shirt designs made by a DISigner

Oh I just love the costumes they use for Irish Step Dancing. Always wanted my dd to try that but with tap/jazz/ballet, piano, swimming, tennis..................well, you get the idea. Only so many hours in a week :laughing:

You must be the Cookie Mom huh? :rotfl: Liv used to be in Girl Scouts. Loved those thin mints! (or whatever they were called)

I hear your Girl Scout cookie pain!! :lmao: My daughter sold over 200 boxes this year!! Ack! I am so done with cookies right now and its not even over. I am waiting on several boxes still... grr.
I saw you wanted to make Brian a WISH shirt, have you looked her on the boards for the designs? They have lots of cool WISH ones! You can just do the iron on ones. I have had great luck with them and making my kiddos shirts! And then you can make him a bunch of them! :goodvibes I bet even if you asked Milliepie (a Diser- I found her thread recently) she would make him a special star wars one, if one isn't already out there! :goodvibes Let me know if you can't find anything and I will look for you. If all else fails- I will make one for him and mail it to you if you let me know soon!! You leave soon! :goodvibes Private message me if you'd like!

Well it's a been a few days since I updated, but did not have any news until today. Brian's wish grantor called today and made a date to come and drop off all the paperwork, luggage tags, etc. She said they will only be here 15-20 minutes. OK, no party I guess:confused3:confused3 That's is fine. I would not even think of it except for all the stories I've read. I asked her if he was going to be given a MAW T-shirt and she said no, just a pin:mad::mad: I was really looking forward to him getting a shirt! I guess I will have to try my luck at making him one!! I am not creative or crafty!! We will see what happens. I have to go over to the Designs threads and see what I can find.

3 weeks from tomorrow:yay::yay::cool1::cool1:

The lack of consistency is ... frustrating. For example, Ali's wish granters are throwing her a party, but the chapter itself does not. I know of another family here in MA who had two non-wish participants go on their trip and they were all able to ride together in the limo to the airport, but Ali's grandparents will have to take separate transportation. I know of other families who have been able to take their foster children, but we were not. Frustrating! I don't think we get MAW t-shirts either, but if I remember correctly, you can buy them on the website and they're fairly inexpensive.

Three more weeks - you're almost there!

I am going to make the shirts, I have enough designs. The people on the creative DIS board do such amazing work and are so generous with their time and disigns!! I thought I had bought transfers for light and dark shirts, but I can only find the light shirt ones. and I have to buy the shirts. The kids have only had 1/2 days of school yest and today, tomorrow I work....so it's a matter of finding a few minutes to do these things!! Maybe we will go to the store when they get home. I just hate to bring them with me, because the trip always ends up costing me at least $20-25 more and they can't go 30 minutes without fighting in public:confused3:confused3

18 days until I will be sipping a frozen Strawberry Daqueri on the pool deck!!!:banana::banana:doing a happy dance!!!:yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter