Breakfast items

Maddy'sSurprise2010

Earning My Ears
Hi there. We are staying at CBR at the end of this month. We hope to eat breakfast in our room most of the time. I know we can buy milk at the store at our resort, but was wondering if we could also buy cereal and what kind of a selection there would be? Thanks in advance!!:woohoo:

You can purchase small individual sized boxes of Cheerios, Frosted Flakes and Raisin Brain at the OPR food court. They may have a few other Kellogg options as well although I cannot remember now.

before you buy it there you may want to think about get the flat rate boxes from the post office and mailing it down instead. we did the our last trip to cbr and it work out pefectly for us. when we checked in they handed us our two boxes we mail ahead and we were all set. the prices of buying item there is a bit more and also you have a limited choice. doing it this way you can get the item you prefer and not have to settle on something. all you need to do is include your name and reservation on the label. below is the address we used...

your name
your reservation number
C/O Carribean Beach Resort
900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

How does it work with Garden Grocer? I am in Canada....so do I just go online and place my order and pay by credit card? I assume I get to choose date of delivery? We arrive at MCO at 11am, so how do I know when the groceries will get to my resort? Will the front desk keep the groceries for us if we are not there to receive them? What about dairy products etc that need to kept cold? Sorry, so many questions! :)

We purcahsed milk while we were there but packed a box of cereal between the clothes, worked very well. We also put in a few plastic spoons and used the cups at the resort instead of bowls. Everyone was happy and the box made is safely (way cheaper too)

How does it work with Garden Grocer? I am in Canada....so do I just go online and place my order and pay by credit card? I assume I get to choose date of delivery? We arrive at MCO at 11am, so how do I know when the groceries will get to my resort? Will the front desk keep the groceries for us if we are not there to receive them? What about dairy products etc that need to kept cold? Sorry, so many questions! :)

We've placed orders with Garden Grocer two years in a row and they were great. There is a minimum order of $40 and a delivery fee of about $15. You will place the order online and pay with a credit card. There is a drop down box on the site that allows you to tell them which resort you are staying in. You will also give them your estimated time of arrival and a contact number.

Our grocery delivery has arrived before us both times. Garden Grocer called us when the delivery was made and told us they were leaving our order with Bell Services at the CBR. Bell Services kept our refrigerated items in a fridge until we got there.

We had two options: 1) get the items from Bell Services and take them to our room ourselves; or 2) have Bell Services deliver the items to our room. We chose option 2. I called when we got to the room and our groceries were delivered in about 20 minutes. I tipped the Bell Services guy $5.00.

We're from Canada too and had no problem with Garden grocer. A great service. Just don't wait til the last minute. :wizard:

DH always teases me about how much stuff we pack in our suitcases to take with us. Breakfast foods (cereal, pop tarts, oatmeal), snacks that won't get crushed (fruit snacks, granola bars), and then paper towels, plates, plastic utensils, etc. BUT ... I have a method to my madness. All that stuff comes out and I know I have room for souvenirs!

We visited in April, 2009 and had an order of groceries delivered to our room from Marge at We Go Shop. I've heard Garden Grocer is very good as well.

You send them your list ahead of time and they charge a very reasonable shopping and delivery fee. We ordered yogurt, milk, cereal, granola bars, crackers, cheese, drink boxes and beer and wine. It really saved us a lot of money and all of the items that needed to be refrigerated fit perfectly into the fridge. Even with the Disney Dining Plan you still need one meal...we often had breakfast right in our room and then enjoyed lunch at a Quick Serve or even a Table Service restaurant depending on the day. Plus if you're going to the pool for the afternoon it sure is nice to have your own beer or wine rather than buying it at the pool bar...we saved a lot of $$ - more for Disney!! :lovestruc

Michelle :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter