Breakfast at BC concerns

krist315

Earning My Ears
Worried about breakfast options at BC. My family loves breakfast and loved food court at POR for breakfast. What do you do for breakfast when staying here?

We are not big hot breakfast eaters so we would mostly grab a bagel or muffin from downstairs or walk over to the Boardwalk Bakery, it is not a far walk at all and so peaceful in the morning to walk around the lake!

Worried about breakfast options at BC. My family loves breakfast and loved food court at POR for breakfast. What do you do for breakfast when staying here?

We are in the same boat!!! Love BC but their breakfast options are lacking- I had a bit of a freakout a few weeks ago about our trip in late May. We are big breakfast people too.

Here is what I have found out. There is Cape May but it is an expensive Character meal- great but expensive and who wants to see the characters every morning? Another options is Captain's Grille at Yacht Club- they have a smaller buffet option or choose from a menu- cheaper than Cape May but pricier than a QS. BC does have the marketplace but only has a few options for a hot breakfast- not good for us but check the menu online- maybe it will work for you. The bakery at Boardwalk is just a short walk but mostly pastries.

Last option for us is the Swan/Dolphin- I hear they have a great QS - Picabu maybe. I hear it is big and mostly likely similar to a moderate QS. I hate the idea of walking over to a non-Disney resort for breakfast but it is an option.

I have not eaten there, but the new Italian Restaurant (Trattoria al Forno) looks like it has a few good breakfast choices. That is a quick walk also.

We usually eat a few times at the Captain's Grille. The breakfast buffet is good and they have a menu, too, if you just want some Mickey waffles, omelet or some of their other breakfast entrees. If you are an annual passholder or have a Disney Visa then you can get a 10% discount there.

As far as the Marketplace goes, I usually get something like scrambled eggs and bacon while DH gets the breakfast sandwich - whatever it is called. They don't serve pancakes or waffles, but we make do because it is convenient.

You are on vacation. Mix it up a little. Do something different. Be open to change. Pick the red one instead of the blue. Have a beer for breakfast. The cows don't have to be milked at Disney. It's not the end of all things holy.

Thank you for all of the ideas. It definitely won't be the end all be all if there is no quick service breakfast but just need to have some options if we pick BC.

We have been staying CL lately, which is perfect for us for breakfast. But before we did, breakfast at the BC Marketplace was great. We've stayed at all of the deluxe resorts, all mods (except cabins) and three values. Of all of these, BC Marketplace is actually my favorite resort CS. At least in our experience, no crowds, no chaos and a light breakfast to start the day. As you can see from this link, we are BC Marketplace fans. :) http://www.disboards.com/threads/all-new-bc-marketplace-thread-2014-update.3007564/

If we're headed to DHS, we like to stop in at the Boardwalk Bakery. If Epcot, Les Halles is usually open at 9am and is outstanding. For a larger breakfast, Picabu at the Dolphin is open 24 hours and breakfast starts at 6am - they have a very full breakfast menu.

We usually do Captain's Grille, used to do Kouzzina (and Spoodles before that; we'll try Trattoria Al Forno next time), Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin and ocasionally the Bakery or head into Epcot to Les Halles at the French Pavillian. We do normally TS though. There's probably a few other options at Swan and Dolphin and they are walking distance.

We have been staying CL lately, which is perfect for us for breakfast. But before we did, breakfast at the BC Marketplace was great. We've stayed at all of the deluxe resorts, all mods (except cabins) and three values. Of all of these, BC Marketplace is actually my favorite resort CS. At least in our experience, no crowds, no chaos and a light breakfast to start the day. As you can see from this link, we are BC Marketplace fans. :) http://www.disboards.com/threads/all-new-bc-marketplace-thread-2014-update.3007564/

If we're headed to DHS, we like to stop in at the Boardwalk Bakery. If Epcot, Les Halles is usually open at 9am and is outstanding. For a larger breakfast, Picabu at the Dolphin is open 24 hours and breakfast starts at 6am - they have a very full breakfast menu.
There is another breakfast option at Dolphin, called Fresh something-or-other, that had a juice bar, omelet station, etc. and looked fantastic. We never had time to try it, but it's on my list for next time. It's next to The Fountain (ground floor).

I've never had a problem going to a favorite restaurant at some other resort no matter where I stay. Helps that we have a car almost every trip. If you love POR, go to POR for breakfast. Try AOA's food court. etc

You can also hit Sunshine Seasons over in FW in EPCOT.....of course it'll be more convenient if it happens to be a day your actually going to EPCOT lol. Just another option. When we stay at BW we usually hit the bakery or wait until we get in whichever park we're going to.

Myself and twin dd17 stayed at BC last summer. Some mornings we r big breakfast eaters some we have a cereal bar and go. We did the keys to the kingdom tour and had to be at the park early as the tour started at 8. We ordered room service. We r not fancy and expected them to knock on the door and go. We were pleasantly surprised when breakfast was delivered as we were getting ready. They brought the food in, set it up with tablecloth and all, handed us a copy of the daily news paper and were off. We ordered Mickey waffles with sausage and eggs and sausage which came with toast. There was plenty of food for all of us and we didn't even eat it all. The price was reasonable and it was great to enjoy breakfast while getting ready. We will definitely do that again when we stay at YC in May.

Thank you for all of the ideas. It definitely won't be the end all be all if there is no quick service breakfast but just need to have some options if we pick BC.

There is no option like the POR food court for breakfast at the BC. If a big, cheap hot breakfast is important to your family than the BC may not be the ideal choice.
As you have seen here, there are choices, but different than you love.
Good Luck

I have not eaten there, but the new Italian Restaurant (Trattoria al Forno) looks like it has a few good breakfast choices. That is a quick walk also.

Agreed. Looking to try it soon.

Stroll over to Epcot and enjoy a first class breakfast in France. They start serving at. 9am. Can't beat being able to walk to Paris for breakfast

When I stayed at BC in 2012, I ate at Captain's Grille at YC 3 out of 4 mornings (the other morning I did EMH at AK). Really liked the buffet there; they opened at 7:30 are were always quiet/not too busy, and I never had a problem making RD at a park on the days I ate there. At that time, BC Marketplace had very limited options; I think they've expanded since then, but I do like a "full" hot breakfast in the morning when I'm at WDW.

The issue I would have with eating breakfast in Epcot is that you are wasting good park time. I am that person at POFQ who is hanging around the food court at 7 am waiting for them to fire up the griddle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter