Breakfast ADR held up for Frozen

I had an adr for June 22, we were able to eat, see the princesses, pay and get in line for the frozen line by 8:45 no problems. That's weird.... How were you held up??

FEA is a nice dark ride, but certainly not worth going to extreme lengths to ride. I will say that I enjoyed it more than Maelstrom. They did a really nice job with the presentation.

It was just very foolish of Disney to take the budget route and put a ride that needs a lot of throughput into an existing ride system that provides the exact opposite of that. This really needed to be an omnimover.

A prepaid EMM for FEA is most likely already planned.
Though they could have it @ a different venue(Norway's counter service and/or Mexico's),
whilst continuing to " punish " ALL PPO Akershus guests.

Just another Disney disappointment.
I feel bad for the Akershus servers who have undoubtedly suffered from a loss of tips due to all the no shows...but all of this could have been avoided. It's not like Disney has not been down this path before; they saw this coming.

Last edited:
We will be there in a few weeks, and we have an 8am ADR there. We have never been and wanted the experience, plus being close by and not hitting the crazy rope drop running of the bulls, because I can't run. Don't expect to be first in line, but possibly a short wait. If they stop me from walking around, I am not sure I would be very happy about that. If they don't stop everyone else, why stop someone that just paid $200 for breakfast. I do see if someone did not eat and just paid the $10/person, that could be a problem. But we are not one of those.

Last edited:
We will be there in a few weeks, and we have an 8am ADR there. We have never been and wanted the experience, plus being close by and not hitting in the crazy rope drop running of the bulls, because I can't run. Don't expect to be first in line, but possibly a short wait. If they stop me from walking around, I am not sure I would be very happy about that. If they don't stop everyone else, why stop someone that just paid $200 for breakfast. I do see if someone did not eat and just paid the $10/person, that could be a problem. But we are not one of those.
Have A great time! And please let us know how it goes for you! This will be our first experience as well.

Have A great time! And please let us know how it goes for you! This will be our first experience as well.

I will let everyone know once we get off the ride (hopefully, it will be running)

I know it would be more work for CM's, but they could monitor who goes into these ADR's and who doesn't, if people are walking around and not eating, they could inquire what they are doing. If they aren't eating, they could tell them to go back to the entrance..I understand the concept, people work hard to get ADR's and it really isn't fair. But...sady, this is the world today.

We will be there in a few weeks, and we have an 8am ADR there. We have never been and wanted the experience, plus being close by and not hitting in the crazy rope drop running of the bulls, because I can't run. Don't expect to be first in line, but possibly a short wait. If they stop me from walking around, I am not sure I would be very happy about that. If they don't stop everyone else, why stop someone that just paid $200 for breakfast. I do see if someone did not eat and just paid the $10/person, that could be a problem. But we are not one of those.

Exactly. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. So far, every report that I've read has indicated that guests leaving Akershus were not held back from FEA until the RD mobs arrived; the CMs allowed them to ride. Since the OPs post is the first we've heard of this possible 'new' policy, we will have to wait for additional reports to sort this out. I'm hoping it turns out to be much ado about nothing, but this definitely has my attention since our trip is coming up
very soon.

Once you finish your PPO breakfast, you should be able to get in line. It's not like they can cycle families through Akershus in 20 minutes or less. When we ate there last fall, we were there for about 45 minutes.

I'm sure if it were that big a deal they would have delayed fea till 10 or made Akersus prepaid. It will all wash out. Disney hates losing money as we all know.

But how is this fair to those who actually show up for the princess breakfast? Should these guests be punished because others decide to bail out on their ADR to gain an advantage in the standby line?
Could this problem be easily remedied by asking Akershus guests to present their breakfast receipts?

Mark me down as someone who will cxl our Akershus ADR, but not before I have shared my opinion with Disney. If they are heading in this direction, then they need to consider a prepaid EMM for FEA.
I agree- I think prepaid is the way to go for this.

I have an upcoming reservation for 9:45am at Akershus. I thought the World Showcase opened up at 11:00am and we could eat and be among the first in line for standby to FEA. (fea = "ugly girl" in Spanish, fyi :-) Are they going to hold me and my family back in the restaurant and not allow us to get in line? I will be raving mad!

I have an upcoming reservation for 9:45am at Akershus. I thought the World Showcase opened up at 11:00am and we could eat and be among the first in line for standby to FEA. (fea = "ugly girl" in Spanish, fyi :-) Are they going to hold me and my family back in the restaurant and not allow us to get in line? I will be raving mad!

FEA opens with park opening, not at 11:00, so your 9:45 ADR gives you absolutely no advantage, and they will let you go and get in what will already be a very long line.

FEA opens with park opening, not at 11:00, so your 9:45 ADR gives you absolutely no advantage, and they will let you go and get in what will already be a very long line.

She could rope drop FEA and hope to be done with it by 9:45 and then head into breakfast.

I did not know that rule AT ALL - they're letting FEA get in line at rope drop and NOT at the opening of World Showcase? Here I thought I had it all figured out and now...nothing. So frustrating. Anyway...I have a FP for FEA on another day. I guess my dreams of being among the first in the stand-by line are dead.

They're not "getting in line." They are RIDING at rope drop. The attraction and the meet and greet OPEN at rope drop.
Yes, but the question in this thread is, are they? I think (and take that for what it's worth) that this is the only report so far that people are being held back. Everyone else has reported differently. I will be there on July 8th and will add another data point for those travelling later. Please, anyone going before me, post and report your experience.

I did not know that rule AT ALL - they're letting FEA get in line at rope drop and NOT at the opening of World Showcase? Here I thought I had it all figured out and now...nothing. So frustrating. Anyway...I have a FP for FEA on another day. I guess my dreams of being among the first in the stand-by line are dead.

Even before the new Norway attractions, you could get to Mexico and Norway as the "rope drop" for that side of WS was between Norway and China. Disney decided to open up Mexico and Norway with normal park opening with the new attractions in Norway. They would have been able to line up anyway, they just would have had to wait until 11 am if they decided to not open.

Note: On the other side of WS, you can walk through to France for the bakery, going through Canada and UK pavilions. Only the bakery is open, but you can walk through the pavilions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter