Breakfast ADR held up for Frozen

I did not know that rule AT ALL - they're letting FEA get in line at rope drop and NOT at the opening of World Showcase? Here I thought I had it all figured out and now...nothing. So frustrating. Anyway...I have a FP for FEA on another day. I guess my dreams of being among the first in the stand-by line are dead.

It's not a "rule". FEA opens at 9:00 am along with the FW attractions (also open during EMH mornings). The rest of WS (except the bakery in France which also opens at 9 am) opens at 11 am. You will never be first in the standby line if you wait until 11 am to get to Norway.

I booked Akershus around 9 or so. I like this meal and even though I love PPO meals, my family does not, so we are going to Epcot just for breakfast. I leaned my lesson last trip and will not drag my crew out to make a 7:30 line at the gate.

We actually made our 8am Akershus ADR not even caring about Frozen or remembering, since we made ADR's back in March and didn't even know when it was set to open yet. We just love breakfast at Akershus and really want to enjoy it with my niece. I'm hoping to get a FP for it on that morning, so if the stand by is already crazy by 9am, then we'll just use our FP. I'm more excited for breakfast in Norway than the ride.

This is exactly how we feel. It is one of our "Disney traditions" to have breakfast at Akershus at 8am on a non EMH day. When I made the ADR, I too wasn't even thinking about the new ride, I was just trying to get my 8am ADR (which I did get). Now that the ride is officially opened, I too think that we will get a FP for the ride, and hopefully right at park opening so we can ride it right after we eat.

Wanted to give everyone a heads of that the people eating breakfast inside Epcot are held up and not allowed to get in line for frozen.

OP, do you know if it was just Garden Grill guests who were held up or were you talking about Akershus as well?

Even before the new Norway attractions, you could get to Mexico and Norway as the "rope drop" for that side of WS was between Norway and China. Disney decided to open up Mexico and Norway with normal park opening with the new attractions in Norway. They would have been able to line up anyway, they just would have had to wait until 11 am if they decided to not open.

Note: On the other side of WS, you can walk through to France for the bakery, going through Canada and UK pavilions. Only the bakery is open, but you can walk through the pavilions.

I did not know this about the Canadian side of WS!

He's obviously not talking about the Akershus crowd. Every single report I've seen shows that they are the first to get on the ride. Probably just mistaken with what he saw. It's not like he was stopping to ask them, he was heading to FEA.

It's not a "rule". FEA opens at 9:00 am along with the FW attractions (also open during EMH mornings). The rest of WS (except the bakery in France which also opens at 9 am) opens at 11 am. You will never be first in the standby line if you wait until 11 am to get to Norway.

Thanks! Thought I had read this somewhere & couldn't find for confirmation. We like 8am @ Akershus for 3 reasons - better seat selection, more time to eat before Princesses come by (I think they start around 8:15), & fewer people in photo background. Booked for these reasons, but will hopefully enjoy short wait times for FEA & meet & greet. Plan to FP+ Soarin'.

Yes, but the question in this thread is, are they?

I know what the question in the thread is. The person I responded to thought FEA didn't open until 11:00 and people were just lining up at rope drop. I wanted to make sure they understood the attraction was open at rope drop, not just the line.

OP, do you know if it was just Garden Grill guests who were held up or were you talking about Akershus as well?

OP and one other person said they were "walking by." You can't "walk by" Garden Grill on your way to FEA; you have to go into The Land.

However, there was one PP who said they were there on July 1 and ate at Akershus and still did both the attraction and the meet n greet by 9:20. So it sounds like this might be a work still in progress. Seems like when BoG first opened for breakfast, there were some who could go directly to SDMT and ride and others who were held up at an internal rope until the rope drop crowds from the entrance were seen. It was inconsistent then, so perhaps they'll soon determine how to handle this one as well.

He's obviously not talking about the Akershus crowd. Every single report I've seen shows that they are the first to get on the ride. Probably just mistaken with what he saw. It's not like he was stopping to ask them, he was heading to FEA.

LOL!!!!

Instead of prepay, which has always prevented me from booking CRT, Disney should add a higher cancellation/no show fee for these ADRs.

Maybe, maybe not. The Rope Drop crowd is pretty intense and 80% of capacity for the ride has FP+.

That was not the case the day we rode with FP. It was about a 50/50 split. I was wondering why the FP line was moving so slowly. Once we got to a point where we could see the merge point, we started counting. We saw 4 "cycles" of a 50/50 split. A friend was there on a different day and said she observed a 50/50 split as well -- and I've read messages on other forums indicating the same thing. I don't know if there are certain conditions where they do the 50/50 split but our experience wasn't an isolated incident.

Today I did this and people were allowed to line up for FEA before 9. I was in the second boat and lined up at 845. It was amazing to watch the rope drop mob enter the line!

Such craziness for such a subpar ride lol.

Disney should totally capatlize on his for paying customers - a fast passwill be given at the end of your meal so you can line up before the park opens.

I see nothing wrong as it gives a little incentive to have a magic meal with this overpriced princess as least you feel your getting something extra.

I really enjoyed the queue and the ride and I am not Frozen-crazed. I would have gone on again if it wasn't a 3 hour wait :o.

That is crazy! So what do the people just stand in the restaurant and not order?! I don't know how they can hold the paying customers back until after the park has been opened for a bit?

Me too.. Doesn't seem right to hold back paying customers. I think BOG customers are held at a rope, but let into fantasyland right at rope drop?

Haven't finished the whole thread but wanted to say that this was exactly our experience a few summers ago with a CP breakfast (before BOG breakfast) and riding 7DMT. We went to the rope in FL and was told for those wanting to ride the mine train, we needed to go the end of the walkway on the side of castle taking you to tomorrowland. The CMs held us there until the rope drop crowd met up to where we were and even wouldn't let us step out to be in the front of that mass of people but we had to try and work our way into the crowd of people that wasn't interested in letting new folks in the spots in front of them. Not to mention trying to do it with a younger child you didn't want to lose. So it does happen and was a worst experience than just waiting and coming in with the rope drop crowd.

Such craziness for such a subpar ride lol.

Disney should totally capatlize on his for paying customers - a fast passwill be given at the end of your meal so you can line up before the park opens.

I see nothing wrong as it gives a little incentive to have a magic meal with this overpriced princess as least you feel your getting something extra.
Disney doesn't need to incentivize akershus breakfast because it was something that was regularly booked solid before the FEA nonsense. People want breakfast with the princesses, now people want FEA, too. Disney won't add to something that was fine without FEA, they'll just add a EMM type add-on once the ride is running smoothly.

I do think they should make Akershus breakfast pre-paid like CRT (and all in-park breakfasts) to weed out those who are abusing the ADR from those who truly want breakfast.

As for the Akershus meal, I have to say we enjoyed it much more than CRT. We have eaten at CRT 3 times now, and it is neither magical nor is the food that good. We thoroughly enjoy the experience and food at Akershus, which is much better than CRT, and the children love the Princess parade line. I have an 8:15 am reservation for Akershus, but I also plan to fp FEA. Getting out in time to line up early would be great (and would save us 2 days at Epcot), but I'm not going to stress over it.

Instead of prepay, which has always prevented me from booking CRT, Disney should add a higher cancellation/no show fee for these ADRs.

Maybe like $25 for pre park opening breakfast cancellations. Would people be willing to pay $100 for a family of 4 just to get in line a little earlier.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter