Bounceback or AP room discount

dizneefan13

Earning My Fins
I know I won't know for sure until we get there in November, but I will be checking for room only bounceback for the end of April 2020. I don't expect any AP room discounts to come out before then either.
I would like any advice, which discount is usually more? Do AP holders usually get a better deal? Or are they about the same?
Thanks!

I know I won't know for sure until we get there in November, but I will be checking for room only bounceback for the end of April 2020. I don't expect any AP room discounts to come out before then either.
I would like any advice, which discount is usually more? Do AP holders usually get a better deal? Or are they about the same?
Thanks!
The AP discount is usually as good as or better than the Bounceback. However, theBounceback can only be booked while there. If your dates are included, I would go ahead and book it. You will need to pay 1 night deposit, but you can cancel up to 5 days prior to your stay. That way, if the AP discounts are not as good or not available for your dates, you at least have something booked.

The AP discount is usually as good as or better than the Bounceback. However, theBounceback can only be booked while there. If your dates are included, I would go ahead and book it. You will need to pay 1 night deposit, but you can cancel up to 5 days prior to your stay. That way, if the AP discounts are not as good or not available for your dates, you at least have something booked.
^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^

Well, I was going to post, but vinotinto already said everything! I do, however, have an example to add. Last December, we booked a bounceback for May, but when the AP rates came out, it was a significant savings, so we rebooked with the AP rate and canceled the bounceback. We'll probably do the same thing for our upcoming December trip. The bounceback is guaranteed. The AP rate may or may not be available for your dates or be available at all or be any better than bounceback.

And, of course, you might get lucky and get a UOC (unique offer code), which is usually the best discount of all. I myself haven't had one of those for a long time, but they do show up occasionally.

Thank you vinotinto and Miffy, that is what I will do. Book the bounceback and keep an eye out for any AP discounts.
We have stayed at Disney Springs hotels our last couple trip and haven't missed staying on property. Actually we prefer it now. But we really want to try The Pop because of the new skyliner. And we also got an AP discount. We've never stayed at a value before so we're a bit nervous, but I'm sure we will be fine.

We are new AP holders. Where and how do you "keep an eye out for any AP discounts?"

Thanks!

I check these boards regularly. Usually by the time WDW emails me about the AP discount, it's been out for weeks already.

Thanks so much! I will do the same. I have something booked so hoping a discount happens!

Thanks so much! I will do the same. I have something booked so hoping a discount happens!
Just for reference, we have a bounceback booked for this coming December, and the AP discount wasn't even available for the type of room we have booked, so we were happy to have the bounceback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!