Bounceback Free DDP and Discounted Deluxe DDP Promotion

They offered the bounce back last year. If Sept. 2008 free dining will be offered to anyone next year then why bother booking under the bounce back? I realize its not known if free dining will be available for Sept. 2008 it has been for the past 3 years.

Also, the new 2008 plan is much more costly. With gratuity and appetizer no longer included it can easily cost a party of two $25 more per day (2 appetizers at $6/ea = $12 + 15% gratuity for typical TS for two at $90 = $13.50). Also the 2008 room rates have gone up. We probably won't take Disney up on the free dining and will instead stay off site.

Thanks for the info
hmmm, we don't leave until the 19th of Sept... I wonder if they will still be offering it then. We are staying at a value. Has anyone been offered the plan at a value? I guess we would consider a moderate if the dining plan were free. (really like the smaller resorts with our two little ones) Now to figure out if staying at a moderate with the free dining for 2 adults and one child is comparable in price to a value and paying OOP.... out comes the calculator .. tap.. tap...tap... :goodvibes

Just returned today and had a flier in our room at POFQ a few days back. It said that it could be used at other resorts.

Me neither and I was at SSR and I would have booked but we checked out 09/01 , so I am bummed... I am off to write a letter of praise regarding one of our cm's so I may add a little note of fury in a seperate email to guest relations :laughing:

I just got back from ASMo last night. I called tonight and asked to speak with guest relations and explained that I didn't get to book it before leaving. It took about 15 minutes, but the supervisor spoke to an agent, and then we booked it! 8 nights, ASMu, $883, including one adult and one child one-day ticket.

I'd try calling first - the supervisor said it was in his best interest to get us to come back. Woohoo!! Am going to try to keep this trip a surprise for dd. Good luck!

Thank you for the information.

According to the price you were given it's like this year then, rack rate for the hotel with free dining. Someone somewhere mentioned a room discount included along with the free dining, but I didn't think there would be.

I think I'll go with 9/19 - 9/29 next year. It's exciting to be thinking of next year's dates before I get there this year, LOL. DH thinks I have an addiction. :rotfl:

i did a split ressie.
first ressie is room only with AAA discount
second ressie is the visa package with dining.

I will make this short and I apologize if this has already been posted. We literally just got home less than 1 hour ago and I wanted to share this exciting news about FREE dining for 2008.

We just spent 10 glorious nights enjoying free dining.

When we got back to our room at Pop on Fri. Aug. 31 a shiny, glossy sheet was on our table annoucing FREE dining for 2008!!! It is a bounce back offer again - meaning for those staying NOW at WDW (from Aug. 31-Sept. 28), you can book FREE dining for 2008 while you're at WDW.

This offer is only good if booked while you're staying at WDW now. You had to call from your current stay and they do verify that you're staying on property when booking.

We booked a trip for dh and I alone (NO kids) for next Sept. to celebrate my 40th birthday. :scared1:

The offer is good for stays from Aug. 30-Sept. 27, 2008 (much more limited than past free dining offers).

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer what I can and YES, I will be posting a dining report with TONS of pictures soon.

We had another fabulous trip and ate SOOOOOO much delicious food, but we are exhausted and we all go back to work and school in less than 12 hours ... so I must close, but I just wanted to share this exciting news if it hasn't been posted yet.

I hope lots of you will be able to take advantage of it. :banana: :banana:

I just got back from ASMo last night. I called tonight and asked to speak with guest relations and explained that I didn't get to book it before leaving. It took about 15 minutes, but the supervisor spoke to an agent, and then we booked it! 8 nights, ASMu, $883, including one adult and one child one-day ticket.

I'd try calling first - the supervisor said it was in his best interest to get us to come back. Woohoo!! Am going to try to keep this trip a surprise for dd. Good luck!

Did you have a hard time booking this from ASMo? Last Dec we were at Music and were unable after hours of trying to find anyone who could even tell us about this. Wound up booking bounceback after we returned home and explained the situation to CM on phone.

Did you have a hard time booking this from ASMo? Last Dec we were at Music and were unable after hours of trying to find anyone who could even tell us about this. Wound up booking bounceback after we returned home and explained the situation to CM on phone.

I didn't try from the hotel. I called yesterday (the day after we got home) and asked to speak to guest services, and they were most helpful! Good luck!

Yes I already calle dmy mom to see if she wanted me to do this, we wil be there on thrusday and i plan to book it for me and my mom for next year. woohoo DDDP here we come, i can alreayd start planning 3 meals a day!!..lol

When I booked yesterday I was told it was for the reg dinning free and no discount for the deluxe plan. Did anyone actually book this with the deluxe plan? The first post sound like it could be done so I am confused.

I am definetly counting on the deluxe but i guess i wil find ut, i plan on calling first thing we get there to get the quotes. Mayeb you had to ask for it? Has anybody booked it with deluxe?

I am definetly counting on the deluxe but i guess i wil find ut, i plan on calling first thing we get there to get the quotes. Mayeb you had to ask for it? Has anybody booked it with deluxe?

When I booked she said that you have the option of "upgrading" to the deluxe dining plan - you just have to pay the difference in price for each day.

When I booked she said that you have the option of "upgrading" to the deluxe dining plan - you just have to pay the difference in price for each day.

I did ask and was told no that maybe later it will be offered but at this time you can not. I will have to call back and see. I find sometimes a different CM will give you a different answer.

I did ask and was told no that maybe later it will be offered but at this time you can not. I will have to call back and see. I find sometimes a different CM will give you a different answer.

It doesnt surprise me, just like anything else, call back till you find the answer you like..lol. Thanks for both of these replies, now i know that if my first call doesnt let me "upgrade" then ill call back. I am really looking forward to tying out the deluxe ddp, and at $32 a day for the upgrade, its a steal kind of..lol. I wont book it for just the free dining, as i dont think its worth it for us, but i really do want to dddp....i guess will wait and see , 3 more days......anxiously waiting..lol:banana:

Now I'm starting to freak out because I'm so excited! :woohoo: This will make a 2008 trip possible! :yay: :yay:

I just did all the figures and I can't wait!!! Would also like to try out the dddp. Planning all those ADRs will be intense!:laughing:

They offered the bounce back last year. If Sept. 2008 free dining will be offered to anyone next year then why bother booking under the bounce back? I realize its not known if free dining will be available for Sept. 2008 it has been for the past 3 years.

That would be the reason to book it right there. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Maybe it will, but with shorter dates (like this year), or with some resorts excluded (the UK offer for next year is only for mods and deluxes). If you think there's any chance you might want to go, why take a chance? You can always cancel and get your deposit back if you change your mind.

Also, the new 2008 plan is much more costly. With gratuity and appetizer no longer included it can easily cost a party of two $25 more per day (2 appetizers at $6/ea = $12 + 15% gratuity for typical TS for two at $90 = $13.50). Also the 2008 room rates have gone up. We probably won't take Disney up on the free dining and will instead stay off site.

I'm sure you're not the only one--these changes will not only turn a lot of people off the DDP, but will drive some people who stayed on property just for the DDP back to off site hotels. Then Disney will come up with something else to draw people back until guest levels are back up again. It's a constant balancing act between maximizing profits and keeping occupancy levels up.

I know I read where the UK offer did not include value resorts. Are they allowing you to book values on the bounceback offer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter