Bounceback Free DDP and Discounted Deluxe DDP Promotion

Thanks for the input, I'm going to try and call them on my lunch hour and see if they will let me move my dates. Hopefully I won't get the same CM I got last time.

Just called CRO and asked if I could change my Sept. '08 reservation to
9-27-08 thru 10-4-08 and I talked to CM named Sawyer. He said I could change but my total cost would increase by a little over $200.00 because several of the days would fall outside of the free dining window. He said I would get free dining only for the first couple of days on our trip. He also put me on hold and double checked with his supervisor, since I told him that I knew of others who had vacations which extended outside the window, who seemed to receive free dining for their entire trip. Still no luck. Oh well, we got to visit the F&WF this year, and I must admit all the extra booths did make Epcot a bit crowded.
And since we upgraded to the Deluxe plan, I told my DH, we will prolly spend soooo much time dining, we won't have time to enjoy the food and beverage at the F&WF.

Are you sure the price increase isn't due to change of season/rates? There is a switch from value to regular season on or right after 10/1, I think. I just double checked my reservation and I do indeed have free DDP through 10/1. When I booked I was told you need only check in by the last day of the promotion to get free dining for your entire stay. Anyone else overlap who could check their reservation?? :confused3

Are you sure the price increase isn't due to change of season/rates? There is a switch from value to regular season on or right after 10/1, I think. I just double checked my reservation and I do indeed have free DDP through 10/1. When I booked I was told you need only check in by the last day of the promotion to get free dining for your entire stay. Anyone else overlap who could check their reservation?? :confused3

It's possible, I'll have to go to the WDW site and check the seaon changes. The CM said his supervisor said the cost increase was due to the departure date outside of the free dining window and if we changed our departure date into Oct., our reservation would still say free dining with deluxe upgrade, (just as it does now) but we would pay an additonal $200. Sure would be interested in info from anyone who booked free dining into Oct. '08

Okay... for comparison purposes, here's my reservation info (I deleted our names and such, of course, but here are the important parts):

Arrive: 09/21/2008
Depart: 10/01/2008

PACKAGE(S):
PT ORLEANS RVRSDE- ZSM / MAGIC YOUR WAY + FREE DINE

** Guest (AD)

** Guest (AD)

** Guest (14)

** Guest (5)

PAYMENT SUMMARY
TOTAL $1971.56

So... 10 nights at POR = 1676.25 (149.00/nt value + 12.5% tax)
(3) Adult one day base tickets = 226.86 (75.62 each)
(1) Child one day base ticket = 63.90
Regular DDP = Free

Total $1967.01 (Disney math discrepancy of a a few dollars there, LOL.)

thanks jcemom....when I get home tonight I'm going to check the seasonal rate change dates and call CRO again, you've been a big help, thanks again.
Maybe they are being pickier with me because we want to arrive later in Sept. and stay longer into Oct??? Who knows, still worth one more call to WDW.

We are checking in on Sept 26 ( very late, about midnight ) and will stay thru Oct 5 with Free DDP at POP.
We have done this other years as well, we have always been told that as long as your vacation starts during the free dining then you will have it thru the whole vacation.

I may have to sit back and wait and see if I can work it out the way I had planned. It seems like, per usual, it depends on which CM you get via the Disney reservation system. I'm still a bit up in the air as to how I'll do it all but I've got a little bit of time to figure it out. Hopefully I'll have a better idea of the amount of food after this December's trip.

Thanks for all the information though! It's been very helpful. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts