Bounceback Free DDP and Discounted Deluxe DDP Promotion

I am wondering if this is really a good deal. I am assuming that the 'free' dining on the 2008 plan will be sans tipping which adds at least $10 per person per day for many meals.

Is this only being offered at POP Century? Can you stay at another resort and go over to check out the deal?

Also could someone clue me in to the difference between regular DP and Deluxe? Is the $32 a day per person in addition to the regular package price for room, one day ticket and plain DP?

I did schedule this trip just in case they would have a bounceback when we were there in December. Now it seems as if I will have less time to make up my mind. So many questions, so little time. :cool1:

Slightly Goofy

We leave for home on September 28th. It's FATE!
Free Dining for next fall's trip.

.... now to figure out how to tell my DW thats its in the stars! :wizard:

Does anyone know when the bounceback offer will end? We'll be there in mid Nov. and I'm more likely to get my DH to say yes to another trip, if he's there in the magic already. I don't know if it'll be so easy if it comes out for the public in April of next year.

I just returned from the POR and I did not get this flyer/offer.
I wonder if I could still get it if I called?
No. You can only take advantage of this BounceBack promotion while you're checked in at your Disney resort. No exceptions. You can't even call from, say, the Magical Express bus on the way back to the airport.

Luvs2Roam said:
(Someone will correct me if I am wrong. :rotfl2: )
But this time, you're right! applechips has me a little nervous, because she said her 'parents rooms' but that was probably just a typo'. Yes, each adult in your room on this trip can reserve his or her own room on the BounceBack promotion. You can work out the logistics later (i.e., just trade room keys).

So,is does this mean free dining WILL be offered from Aug 30th-Sept 27,2008 for the general public like me, or is it a good bet but not sure? I heard a lot of buzz, mostly here -that free dining might not be offered next year.I have already booked for Sept. 2008, with Dining. Hoping the Dining $$ will come off my package. (I booked thru AAA)If I choose to upgrade the basic dining to the deluxe, it would only be 32.00 a day as opposed to the 37.99 for basic?
Forgive my ignorance...trying to figure if this means anything to my planned trip.

MY guess would be probably, but there are no guarantees. It may depend on how Disney does in the first quarter, 2008.

So,is does this mean free dining WILL be offered from Aug 30th-Sept 27,2008 for the general public like me,
No, I don't think it does. If they get enough bookings from this promotion, plus the UK promotion, and this is another non-hurricane event year (knock on wood), then I would think that they would have less of a reason to offer free dining to the general public. Or at least, it will be offered on a more limited basis (either time frame or number of packages available).

But this time, you're right! applechips has me a little nervous, because she said her 'parents rooms' but that was probably just a typo'. Yes, each adult in your room on this trip can reserve his or her own room on the BounceBack promotion. You can work out the logistics later (i.e., just trade room keys).

thanks for the info...yes it was a typo, my parents only need one room and we need a 2nd.

No, I don't think it does. If they get enough bookings from this promotion, plus the UK promotion, and this is another non-hurricane event year (knock on wood), then I would think that they would have less of a reason to offer free dining to the general public. Or at least, it will be offered on a more limited basis (either time frame or number of packages available).

I would be inclined based on instinct to say this is right. When I 1st heard about "bounce back" here at the dis, everyone clamored it wasn't offered during the actual free dining period. The fact that free dining seems to have done REALLY well this year, and the fact they are already offering it again for next year leads me to think they'd like to get to a comfortable level of bookings early, and forego offering it to the general public.

We'll see.

One thing to keep in mind is that with the new nightly rate policy you will no longer be able to check in on the last day an offer is valid and apply it to your whole stay. :(

I check in on the 27th. I think I may have to back off my no 2008 trip plan. I really want to remodel my kitchen, but I keep spending all our expendable income on WDW :)

Well, I booked over a year in advance, got the resort I wanted, etc. If the free dining has done really well, why discontinue it? How many people going for the free dining this year would have gone without it? Impossible to know. I'll still hope my dining comes off my package, but if not...hey, still going to Disney!

One thing to keep in mind is that with the new nightly rate policy you will no longer be able to check in on the last day an offer is valid and apply it to your whole stay. :(

I think it is premature to say that. Just because there are different nightly rates does not mean that you won't be able to get the free dining for your entire stay if you check in the last day of the promo. You would likely just have to pay different rack rates for each evening's accomodations. I would withhold judgements such as that until people report back on their attempts to book promotions.

I haven't seen anything so far that would restrict in in the way you mention. If anyone else has, feel free to correct me :)

Do you think they will offer ANYTHING bounceback related in October?? Maybe not free dining...but a special code for a % off rooms or something?? (Someone, please say yes!)

Has anyone been able to confirm that you can book this regardless of which resort you are at this year, or will you only be able to book if you are in certain resorts? (Last year it was only advertised at a few resorts, but you could book as long as you were checked into any resort.)

Thanks!

Hmm that is good news. I hope they offer the discounted DDDP to the general public as I would definetly pay for the discounted version over the free basic dining plan just so I could try out eating a character breakfast and dinner each day.

I just returned from Pop Century today. When we returned to our room yesterday, we had a flyer offering us Free Dining for next year from August 30, 2008 - September 27, 2008. I am looking at the flyer now and it says you have to book BEFORE you check out of the hotel and put a $200 deposit.

It also says to "ask about packages for other resorts and lengths of stay."

We didn't book this because the first check in date of August 30th, is too late for us. Since Labor Day is September 1, 2008, it's not enough time before school (college) starts for our son. Unfortunately, we had to pass.

No. You can only take advantage of this BounceBack promotion while you're checked in at your Disney resort. No exceptions. You can't even call from, say, the Magical Express bus on the way back to the airport.

I was at Pop and BWV and did not hear a thing about it...:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!