Boulder Ridge and the Dumpsters!!

lundve

DIS Veteran
Recently back from BRV and we unfortunately scored a studio all the way at the far end overlooking the pool and cabins. While it was great that we could just barely see fireworks at night, the view straight ahead and down were of these ugly dumpsters. I’m surprised that they aren’t enclosed from the sides either. To make matters worse, WHY did they have to be emptied between 4-7 AM each morning? Even with a sound machine it was like an annoying alarm clock. Next time - requesting closer to the main building.

8250A6EB-2F90-460C-9D2C-00F8D725D017.jpeg

A8D0D1EA-310B-460E-9724-5AA5CD57F8A4.jpeg

We've had that room/view as well. I don't remember being woken early morning. That wouldn't have made me happy either. We did have a problem with Housekeeping when we had the first room (studio) going down the hallway facing the pool. Directly across the hall was the trash room and housekeeping. Every morning we would wake up to the maids carts and VERY loud talking. We stay out late and sleep in so it was frustrating. I kept telling myself nicer to be woken from a good sleep by maid and their carts than the neighbors at home. Still wasn't pleasant though.

Recently back from BRV and we unfortunately scored a studio all the way at the far end overlooking the pool and cabins. While it was great that we could just barely see fireworks at night, the view straight ahead and down were of these ugly dumpsters. I’m surprised that they aren’t enclosed from the sides either. To make matters worse, WHY did they have to be emptied between 4-7 AM each morning? Even with a sound machine it was like an annoying alarm clock. Next time - requesting closer to the main building.

View attachment 434549

View attachment 434550
Dean nails it. Those are infamous, and if you go often enough to VWL BRV, you're almost guaranteed to get one of those "dreaded dumpster" views at some point. I have to say, you seemed to have taken it experience well and made the most of it. Reminds me of just how spurious some of the room assignments can be. My wife and I were married at the Lodge over 6 years ago. We worked with WBD, the front desk, and DVC for many items. We booked AP (back when it was actually a good Signature) for our wedding dinner. We had stayed there several times already. When we got to check in three days before the wedding? Despite our request for a high floor overlooking the (then) Hidden Springs quiet pool area, we got a second floor room, only about 5-6 doors down from the dreaded dumpster view. Really? That's the best they could do? We tried to get another but to no avail. And now we laugh about that story and still count WL as our beloved second home.

Trash men go to work early in the morning to avoid heavy commuting hours.

And heat.

It's not ideal...but the trash does not just go away with pixie dust. i think a little early morning back up beeper is just something you have to deal with. but I can sleep thru anything

I think every DVC resort has some rooms with the dreaded views or noise. I know that over the years I have gotten some of them through bad luck of the draw. I agree that they should have visually covered the area better. When we get the occasional DVC resort “dreaded views” we just tend to grin and bear it. We’ve also been fortunate to get some great room views over the years so they tend to balance out.

I think every DVC resort has some rooms with the dreaded views or noise. I know that over the years I have gotten some of them through bad luck of the draw. I agree that they should have visually covered the area better. When we get the occasional DVC resort “dreaded views” we just tend to grin and bear it. We’ve also been fortunate to get some great room views over the years so they tend to balance out.
@KAT4DISNEY Unless you're KAT! :rotfl2::duck:

@KAT4DISNEY Unless you're KAT! :rotfl2::duck:

So what I'm understanding is that I actually should be grateful to the VWL room assignor who has just been keeping me away from the dumpster view by ignoring my lakeview requests? :scratchin:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter