Bought Riviera Despite Restrictions

Many of those people didn’t like it that much until the visited and changed their mind once they did.

The resort really looks and feels very different when you're there close up, as opposed to seeing it from afar or pictures. It's much prettier in person.

For those that lament the "grey" of it.... Catching the sunlight up close, it never even looks gray to me.

And at night...

https://flic.kr/p/2n6bsTi]Disney2022 (1185 of 1185)_LuminarAI-edit.jpg[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/photos/havoc315/]Adam Brown[/url], on Flickr

It’s a popular resort with both owners and non owners which is why 7 month bookings go fast.

I certainly get not everyone likes it but as already mentioned, not everyone wants or needs the big Disney theme that some other places have.

Many of those people didn’t like it that much until the visited and changed their mind once they did.

It’s a popular resort with both owners and non owners which is why 7 month bookings go fast.

I certainly get not everyone likes it but as already mentioned, not everyone wants or needs the big Disney theme that some other places have.
We were actually the opposite. Stayed during Thanksgiving after COVID hit. While the resort is nice, there were some things we just didn't like. First, trying to get on the skyliner in the morning took forever (this was probably a COVID thing since they weren't letting multiple people on per car, but it seemed like every car that came by to go to EPCOT was already full). Second, the parking wasn't very convenient to the room. We also didn't particularly care for the common spaces. That said, the view of CBR was nice. It was a nice place, just not our favorite.

Without Topolinos it would have nothing to entice me back. Got this lovely view from there though
4BB1E0FC-4822-471F-8C91-5DDB65BA9FEF.jpeg

That is the majority opinion in the Riveria forum yes.

In general across those that visit but you are free to think differently.

Also not like that style and color combinations isn't the hottest thing going on 5 or so years in regards to homes in general.

Greys are viewed as the optimal neutral tone in America.

First, trying to get on the skyliner in the morning took forever

they were severely limiting how they loaded the cars for the most part causing massive lines that didn't move quickly.

I will say no issue for us rope dropping HS a few times. Did have the Skyliner from RIV slow to start one morning but we just walked to the CBR station then went to HS.

Second, the parking wasn't very convenient to the room.

This I don't understand they have parking very close to the tower section of the hotel but we wouldn't really ever drive to parks or have a vehicle anyways. So no clue how it compares to others.

If I was driving everywhere then AKV would be my choice each time.

they were severely limiting how they loaded the cars for the most part causing massive lines that didn't move quickly.

I will say no issue for us rope dropping HS a few times. Did have the Skyliner from RIV slow to start one morning but we just walked to the CBR station then went to HS.

This I don't understand they have parking very close to the tower section of the hotel but we wouldn't really ever drive to parks or have a vehicle anyways. So no clue how it compares to others.

If I was driving everywhere then AKV would be my choice each time.
We like SSR, OKW, BLT and VGF1 for this. We drive every time we go.

We initially stayed away because of the restrictions. When the resort opened up after Covid shutdown, we were able to book 2 separate trips.
Totally love the resort, first class all the way. Excellent location, almost as good as BCW/BWV IMO. Love the rooms, love the gondola, the bus stop is probably the best of any DVC resort we have been to. We bought direct in July of this year, looking forward to our first visit with our Riviera points.

We were actually the opposite. Stayed during Thanksgiving after COVID hit. While the resort is nice, there were some things we just didn't like. First, trying to get on the skyliner in the morning took forever (this was probably a COVID thing since they weren't letting multiple people on per car, but it seemed like every car that came by to go to EPCOT was already full). Second, the parking wasn't very convenient to the room. We also didn't particularly care for the common spaces. That said, the view of CBR was nice. It was a nice place, just not our favorite.
We had no problem with the skyliner last week moved quickly and not crowded maybe because it could be off season

We are debating Riviera vs. VGF direct. We like the design of Riviera more than VGF… very modern, and bright. However, we like the monorail location, no resale restrictions, etc.

Right now with the subsidies, buying resale is difficult to justify, especially with the long term restrictions. We worry what happens post 2042. Buying direct helps mitigate that loss.

The discounts they are having at the Riviera when buying direct are pretty good right now received 200 points for October 2021 and another 200 for 2022

The resort really looks and feels very different when you're there close up, as opposed to seeing it from afar or pictures. It's much prettier in person.

For those that lament the "grey" of it.... Catching the sunlight up close, it never even looks gray to me.

And at night...
I disagree that it looks better up close during the day. Very bland looking to me, and very not in tune with the actual Riviera, but I will agree that at night with the lighting it looks much, much better.

We are debating Riviera vs. VGF direct. We like the design of Riviera more than VGF… very modern, and bright. However, we like the monorail location, no resale restrictions, etc.

Tough decision then. The locations are really very different and would probably be the biggest factor for me.
To me, the benefit of location is it makes 1 (or 2) parks easy to go back and forth from. When you have to bus to a park, it discourages you from just stopping in to a park for an hour or 2.
When you can monorail/skyline/walk to a park, you're more apt to stop by just for fireworks or dinner, or just to walk around and soak in the atmosphere.

Riviera is therefore great if you love to go back and forth to Epcot festivals or like to end WDW days with dinner at Epcot. VGF is fantastic if, even after spending much of the day in another park, you like to hop into Magic Kingdom for a parade or to watch the fireworks.

Right now with the subsidies, buying resale is difficult to justify, especially with the long term restrictions. We worry what happens post 2042. Buying direct helps mitigate that loss.

I own both and consider Riviera to be a more convenient location of the two. Riviera is half way to everywhere from AK, to Disney Springs. I won't, for instance, take a bus to visit DS and hate the AK bus from VGF. I use VGF for MK and seven seas experiences and do the rest from Riviera.

We had the exact same take. I was almost 100% set on buying there until I actually visited. Was a little sad, honestly. Couldn't really put my finger on it. I didn't hate it, it just didn't give me the feels. We even went back a second time to walk around again and eat and I just wasn't wowed. Was super glad I didn't buy based on the numerous YouTube videos I watched! We'll def visit again but are now waiting to see what PVB2 looks like.

My daughter, at random times, “I could really go for some lavender tea right about now…”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter