Booking Wish 2 months out

KGmomoftwins

DIS Veteran
So in case you have not been following dh had 2 separate surgeries 3 weeks ago our pif was 3 days after second surgery I freaked and moved it to a magic sailing next summer. Well amazingly he is doing great and a little grumpy that I canceled our vacation plans. So would we be happy with a 4n wish august 21 sailing. It’s way easier to get to Orlando on a direct cheap flight than Miami right now. Lots of rooms are available would we be able to get early dining on the wish? Would castaway be crazy? What category veranda would you get? I can always rebook our original 5n magic but rooms are so limited and we would need early dining. There is also a 4n magic in early august that has lots of available rooms. For those who have booked this close to sail date have you been able to do what you want on board and have fun? We don’t need tastings but Palo dinner and bbb would be nice.

Unless it's available to select when you book, I don't think there is any way to guarantee early dining. If the sailing isn't full there may be a strong likelihood of getting it, but you would need to waitlist and hope for the best. So if it's that important and not available at booking, I wouldn't risk it unless you are willing to do alternative dinner options.

And I'm glad to hear he's doing well now!

We are on the wish the week before you and early dining sold out many months ago, but we were able to get it by obsessively checking the app multiple times a day. Nobody in our cruise group has had waitlist come thru yet. Last year we sailed on the Wish and did not get it ahead of time but lined up at 12:15 for the 1pm dining changes at Luna on embarkation day and were able to be switched. So I think it is a risk but there is hope—just up to you if you want to take the chance.

Unless it's available to select when you book, I don't think there is any way to guarantee early dining. If the sailing isn't full there may be a strong likelihood of getting it, but you would need to waitlist and hope for the best. So if it's that important and not available at booking, I wouldn't risk it unless you are willing to do alternative dinner options.
And I'm glad to hear he's doing well now!
Thank you so much!

We are on the wish the week before you and early dining sold out many months ago, but we were able to get it by obsessively checking the app multiple times a day. Nobody in our cruise group has had waitlist come thru yet. Last year we sailed on the Wish and did not get it ahead of time but lined up at 12:15 for the 1pm dining changes at Luna on embarkation day and were able to be switched. So I think it is a risk but there is hope—just up to you if you want to take the chance.
Do you have a location you like for stateroom on the ship? We have always done deck 6 fantasy and wonder not sure about wish

Do you have a location you like for stateroom on the ship? We have always done deck 6 fantasy and wonder not sure about wish
I liked deck 7 on the Wish (I was in 7192 in April and liked it). I was alllllll the way aft, so it is a bit of a walk from the elevators, but I figure I'm going to walk that one way or another. Deck 7 was a good 'split' between everything on the upper decks and the restaurants, etc. on the lower decks. The elevators can be wonky, so deck 7 was a good spot to be in if I got impatient and wanted to take the stairs (not sure if that will be an option for you).

Side note: I also do deck 6 on the Fantasy. :)

We booked our January 30 Wish cruise less than 30 days out. If there's lots of rooms available, it might be possible to get early dining. Our friends had requested early dining and suddenly about 2 weeks before the cruise, we got moved from late to early dining. We had booked VGT partly because it was so much less than booking a specific category plus we just didn't know where we'd like to be since it was our first time on her. That a VGT booking was available was an indication that the ship wasn't going to be full so I can't say how it might compare to the one you're looking at.

We ended up deck 7 aft and liked it. A little far to get to the elevators but not too bad. It was a cat 7A navigator's verandah which we've never sailed in and we liked it so much we booked a GTY 7A for our upcoming September Wish cruise. Our friends were deck 7 forward - I think it was a 5B (?) and it was a good location too. Both of our staterooms were really quiet.

We could have booked Palo dinner but I'm not thrilled with their new menu plus we wanted to experience all of the MDRs plus pirate night so I wasn't unhappy with missing it. No brunch availability but with early dining I don't think it would have worked. I didn't even get a chance to really try much food on the pool deck because I was never hungry (other than the ice cream - we did do that a lot).

No idea how crazy CC was as we didn't get off the ship. Given that the ship wasn't full it probably was fine. We spent the morning doing the Aqua Mouse multiple times (didn't even get off it when it came to the end, just kept on going since there was no one in line) and spent time in the adults-only pool which was deserted as was the Cove Cafe.

We didn't get to do everything we wanted on the ship but we did do trivia (won twice!), had a drink at Nightingale's and listened to the piano player, the Bayou (beignets!), the Rose (but at night so no views), all of the shows, played the adventure game, watched the baby races, both pirate shows and fireworks, the kiss goodnight on pirate night in the atrium, and just generally chilled. We're back for a three-day in September so that we can do some of the things we missed (the Rose during the day, Bayou beignets with chocolate sauce, Hyperspace Lounge, Incredi-course, finish up the adventure game, kiss goodnight on another night, more chillin').

We booked our January 30 Wish cruise less than 30 days out. If there's lots of rooms available, it might be possible to get early dining. Our friends had requested early dining and suddenly about 2 weeks before the cruise, we got moved from late to early dining. We had booked VGT partly because it was so much less than booking a specific category plus we just didn't know where we'd like to be since it was our first time on her. That a VGT booking was available was an indication that the ship wasn't going to be full so I can't say how it might compare to the one you're looking at.

We ended up deck 7 aft and liked it. A little far to get to the elevators but not too bad. It was a cat 7A navigator's verandah which we've never sailed in and we liked it so much we booked a GTY 7A for our upcoming September Wish cruise. Our friends were deck 7 forward - I think it was a 5B (?) and it was a good location too. Both of our staterooms were really quiet.

We could have booked Palo dinner but I'm not thrilled with their new menu plus we wanted to experience all of the MDRs plus pirate night so I wasn't unhappy with missing it. No brunch availability but with early dining I don't think it would have worked. I didn't even get a chance to really try much food on the pool deck because I was never hungry (other than the ice cream - we did do that a lot).

No idea how crazy CC was as we didn't get off the ship. Given that the ship wasn't full it probably was fine. We spent the morning doing the Aqua Mouse multiple times (didn't even get off it when it came to the end, just kept on going since there was no one in line) and spent time in the adults-only pool which was deserted as was the Cove Cafe.

We didn't get to do everything we wanted on the ship but we did do trivia (won twice!), had a drink at Nightingale's and listened to the piano player, the Bayou (beignets!), the Rose (but at night so no views), all of the shows, played the adventure game, watched the baby races, both pirate shows and fireworks, the kiss goodnight on pirate night in the atrium, and just generally chilled. We're back for a three-day in September so that we can do some of the things we missed (the Rose during the day, Bayou beignets with chocolate sauce, Hyperspace Lounge, Incredi-course, finish up the adventure game, kiss goodnight on another night, more chillin').
We loved the beignets on the wonder! I didn’t know the wish had them is this an adult only place where you got them? Thank you!

We loved the beignets on the wonder! I didn’t know the wish had them is this an adult only place where you got them? Thank you!
Nope - not adult-only. It's in the Bayou lounge which is in the middle section of the ship between the shops (deck 4? 5? 3?). There are a few different options and one comes with Valrhona chocolate dipping sauce. Hurricanes are good too.

There will be lots of people (especially children) on the August 2@, 2023 sailing of the Wish. Only cabins available to hold a family of 4 are verandahs. Even Concierge is full.

Is first dining a deal breaker / would there be consequences if you had second seating?

I forgot to say - way to go, family - for helping dad along in his healing. Anytime the back is messed up and gets a good outcome from treatment/ surgery is a good day.

Going back to original idea of a cruise this summer should continue with his improvement.

Was your original booking a 5-night Double Dip on the Magic? That would be my choice. There is also the standard 4-night. They have all categories still open (some nearly full, probably, since they are GTY status now).

And the Wish next August? It’s a little cheaper than this year, with lots of cabin choices. And a better chance of first dining. (Get a placeholder this August and save ~ $500).

Was your original booking a 5-night Double Dip on the Magic? That would be my choice. There is also the standard 4-night. They have all categories still open (some nearly full, probably, since they are GTY status now).

And the Wish next August? It’s a little cheaper than this year, with lots of cabin choices. And a better chance of first dining. (Get a placeholder this August and save ~ $500).
Yes it was there are a few rooms left that we could grab it’s just getting to Miami there is no direct flight and I think it would be less stressful on dh if we don’t have to connect. The wish is 300 dollars cheaper than what we were going to pay for the magic. I guess we’ve been through so much and had budgeted the money already I don’t really care (which is very unlike me!). I do have a placeholder I can use on this sailing. I wonder if I call if they would tell me first if main dining is a possibility.

Yes it was there are a few rooms left that we could grab it’s just getting to Miami there is no direct flight and I think it would be less stressful on dh if we don’t have to connect. The wish is 300 dollars cheaper than what we were going to pay for the magic. I guess we’ve been through so much and had budgeted the money already I don’t really care (which is very unlike me!). I do have a placeholder I can use on this sailing. I wonder if I call if they would tell me first if main dining is a possibility.
Give them a call.

I booked the wish around two months out or less. I was able to get Palo once on board. I don't think any drink tastings were available. We always do late dining so that was not an issue for me.

I liked deck 7 on the Wish (I was in 7192 in April and liked it). I was alllllll the way aft, so it is a bit of a walk from the elevators, but I figure I'm going to walk that one way or another. Deck 7 was a good 'split' between everything on the upper decks and the restaurants, etc. on the lower decks. The elevators can be wonky, so deck 7 was a good spot to be in if I got impatient and wanted to take the stairs (not sure if that will be an option for you).

Side note: I also do deck 6 on the Fantasy. :)
Hi, my wife and I are booked for our first cruise ever this March 1st, it's on the Wish and have 7192 as well! Do you recall the theme of that room? I believe that deck is either Frozen or Cinderella. Any information on 7192 would be appreciated. Thank you :)

Hi, my wife and I are booked for our first cruise ever this March 1st, it's on the Wish and have 7192 as well! Do you recall the theme of that room? I believe that deck is either Frozen or Cinderella. Any information on 7192 would be appreciated. Thank you :)
It's Frozen themed. No other information really other than what I put in my previous post. It's a nice room, hope you enjoy it! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter