bvolek86

Earning My Ears
Hi all. I'm hoping you more experienced DVC'ers can help me out. Our 7th month window starts on Monday and I'm wondering the best way to go about doing the following....

We are planning our trip for check in June 24, 2020; check out July 1, 2020.

Ideally we would like to be at Jambo House for June 24 - 26, then switch over to Boardwalk for June 27 - July 1. (We would really like to stay at BCV, but availability is already gone)

What is the best way to book this split stay and potentially add a waitlist at Beach Club for the second half of it?
We've never done a split stay before so any tips on how to handle that is appreciated too!

Thanks everyone!

You would book each part at its own 7 month window. So book Jambo on the 24th and BWV on the 27th.

Then go back again on the 27th and put in your dates again. This time, choose BCV. Since it’s not available, it will let you create the waitlist. If any of the days you want are available, then you have to call to put in the waitlist.

I do split stays all the time...doing one in 3 weeks. We plan to make the switch day a non park day. We sleep in, relax, check out at 11..bring our luggage to bell services and have it transferred to our new resort.

We then head to Disney Sprints, have lunch, walk around and shop. By the time we are done, it’s closer to check in time. We head back to the resort and if our room isn’t ready we hang by the pool. We do keep a bag with us that have swimsuits in it as the luggage transfer doesn’t happen until later in the day.

Once you set up the waitlist, if you have extra points, you can keep checking the website and if any of your first or last you want at BCV show up, book it and call to adjust the dates of your waitlist. Sometimes, you can piece things together this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter