booking free dining ALREADY for 2008???

I understand why they allow visitors from the UK to book early, I just wish we had the same option.

I turned in all of my vacation requests for the rest of 2007 and 2008(Thanksgiving, Easter and 4 weeks mid August-early September)a few weeks ago. As a matter of fact, I turned in my request for our August 2008 cruise back can in February.

I'm sure there are plenty of families that would love to have confirmed vacation plans in place early. It would be nice to have close to a year to pay everything off.

Bounce back was introduced last year. If you stayed on site from Nov-Dec.(I can't recall the exact dates), then you could book the free dining package for this August-September.
I don't remember the rest of the details either, but one important detail was that you could only book the Bounce Back in person, at WDW, during that eligibility period. It was not something where you got a code and could call back later to book.

When you checked in, there was a card or flyer in your packet and you had to physically go somewhere to book. I think there were two resorts where you could go to book -- Beach Club, and one other (PORFQ?)

Some people actually made special one-night trips just to get Bounce Back!

I don't remember the rest of the details either, but one important detail was that you could only book the Bounce Back in person, at WDW, during that eligibility period. It was not something where you got a code and could call back later to book.

When you checked in, there was a card or flyer in your packet and you had to physically go somewhere to book. I think there were two resorts where you could go to book -- Beach Club, and one other (PORFQ?)

Some people actually made special one-night trips just to get Bounce Back!

It was Beach Club and POR.. I just happen to be there with a fellow Diser (HI Bonzerella:) ) to catch the end of F & W and the beginning of Christmas Decorations.. in November. So we booked the Bounce back deal. You did have to put down a deposit and you were able to book more then one room but they couldn't both be in your name. (husbands name was used for the other room)

This is our last year of free Dining :guilty: We purchased DVC :woohoo:

We are going down mid-November and are renting DVC points. Would we be eligible to book rooms for free dining through the bounce back program if it is offered while we're down there, or do you have to be booked at a regular resort?

That $1,700. qote is probably in pounds not dollars so I am sure its more but it would be a nice deal.

I just called WDW and they said NO FREE DDP FOR 2008 offered at this time...and she actually sad, no package deals at this time either...I do not know if that is true or not,but that is what the CM said! FYI

Actually the 1700 was in american dollars. It's 848 I believe in Pounds. I checked the conversion online :)

As for the comment about how no free dining is available for 2008 per a CM, well, yes for US citizens that is true. I logged onto the UK disney site though and they do have free dining available. It would have let me book but I'm worried about our reservation being cancelled b/c I'm not a UK citizen.

Actually the 1700 was in american dollars. It's 848 I believe in Pounds. I checked the conversion online :)

As for the comment about how no free dining is available for 2008 per a CM, well, yes for US citizens that is true. I logged onto the UK disney site though and they do have free dining available. It would have let me book but I'm worried about our reservation being cancelled b/c I'm not a UK citizen.
Do have a link to the site?

I'd like to nose around a bit and get an idea of what it may cost us if it's offered.

I'm hoping to spend 6 nights in the world after our cruise next September.

disney.co.uk

It took me awhile to find the free dining link, but it's there. Ya just gotta buy 5 nights at moderate or deluxe I think.

Also, be sure to go to www.xe.com I think. You can plug in the pound cost and translate to US dollars.

Wow, I'm amazed! Those prices look to good to be true.:eek:

I was quoted 774.00 pounds for 6 nights at POFQ (September 1-7), 5 day premium passes and free dining for one adult and on teen. That comes out to $1,057.67.

I'll be keeping my eye on this one. I would love to save the $800 the dining plan will cost us, but I have a feeling that our trip from 8/12 through 8/18 will be too early.

This year the general public free dining started a few weeks later than the other two. I wonder if they'll do the same thing next year.

Do have a link to the site?

I'd like to nose around a bit and get an idea of what it may cost us if it's offered.

I'm hoping to spend 6 nights in the world after our cruise next September.
I would think you could just go to the regular WDW website and get a quote for your trip. Then if they offer free dining during that time, it would be the same price. That is what I have been doing, just not knowing for sure what the dates are and whether they will include the values is tricky. I am planning for Aug. 24-31 and pricing out both value and mod resorts.

I'll be keeping my eye on this one. I would love to save the $800 the dining plan will cost us, but I have a feeling that our trip from 8/12 through 8/18 will be too early.

Starting date with the uk one is 8/10 which when I am going.

I would think you could just go to the regular WDW website and get a quote for your trip. Then if they offer free dining during that time, it would be the same price. That is what I have been doing, just not knowing for sure what the dates are and whether they will include the values is tricky. I am planning for Aug. 24-31 and pricing out both value and mod resorts.

That's what I've been doing, too. I've been getting quotes for various dates in early Sept. that we could travel next year. I was kind of hoping to stay at Pop Century, but the UK residents need to stay at a moderate or deluxe to get free dining in 08. I'm wondering if it'll be the same for us--if so, we'll be staying at a mod to get the free dining. I'm also wondering what the dates will be for free dining for US citizens. I want to make sure our dates are well within free dining range if it's offered. In the past, I think that you could get free dining for length of stay even if you booked the first night of your trip on the last day of free dining. I'm not sure if it'll work that way in 2008. :confused3

Although I'd like to make our reservations now, I'm going to hold off and maybe wait until we get more information so I can decide whether to stay at Pop or upgrade to a moderate, plus I want to make sure my dates include the whole offer.

If free dining is offered again in 08 to USA and other non-UK residents, I think it would be nice if Disney Visa holders could have the same booking timeframe as the bounce back program (if there is a bounce back program).

We'll have to stay tuned to see what happens. UK residents, congratulations on planning your vacations so soon! : )

We are going down mid-November and are renting DVC points. Would we be eligible to book rooms for free dining through the bounce back program if it is offered while we're down there, or do you have to be booked at a regular resort?

I am a DVC member and booked during the bounce back promotion last year. You do have to show your room key to prove you are actually staying at a Disney resort when booking. I was able to book two rooms and it was then set up as a grand gathering. Once home we were able to upgrade to a moderate resort from the value we had originally booked but it took some special efforts by several cast members so I suggest you book where you want to stay when you first book. Since your room key will not indicate that you rented points you should be able to do it if they offer it while you are there. I had to ask around to find the person who was doing the booking at BC because many of the front desk CMs did not know anything about the promotion. I only knew about it from the DIS and did not get any info when we checked in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter