Booking a TDR Package

gregf71

Mouseketeer
Already starting trip planning and research for a hopeful October 2021 trip to Japan, finishing up at TDR. I was just looking around the TDR website and from what I see (and in some posts/responses below) you can only book 2 night packages, but there are supposedly options/ways to extend the stay and add on extra park ticket days. The plan (at least for the moment) is Kyoto, Tokyo, and then TDR as the grand finale. We want 4 days, 2 days each, in the parks.

Scenario #1: We take the train to TDR from Tokyo in the late afternoon, check-in and enjoy the hotel amenities and Ikspiari; then, 4 days at the parks. This would require 5 nights at the hotel with 4 days of park tickets. We would stay the last parks night and then train to the airport to head home the next day. For example:
  • Monday - Arrival Day - Train from Tokyo - No parks - Overnight #1
  • Tuesday - Park Day 1 - Overnight #2
  • Wednesday - Park Day 2 - Overnight #3
  • Thursday - Park Day 3 - Overnight #4
  • Friday - Park Day 4 - Overnight #5
  • Saturday - Departure Day - Train to Airport
Scenario #2: We take an early morning train from Tokyo to TDR, check-in, drop off luggage, and begin Park Day 1. For example:
  • Tuesday - Arrival Day - Train from Tokyo - Park Day 1 - Overnight #1
  • Wednesday - Park Day 2 - Overnight #2
  • Thursday - Park Day 3 - Overnight #3
  • Friday - Park Day 4 - Overnight #4
  • Saturday - Departure Day - Train to Airport
Can or how best would we (or our travel agent) book these? Which one is more feasible or would you recommend? I want to make sure that we get the most of our limited park time.

Thanks!

I did it like you presented in the first scenario. I used the first partial day to get checked in and explore Ikspiari and the Disney hotels. The next morning we were able to hit the ground running — breakfast, then straight to the park, which I think is nicer than having to commute in from Tokyo. We did four full park days and hit up Bon Voyage on our departure day, the fifth morning, as we headed out of the resort. The schedule was well-paced and that’s how I would chose to do it again if I ever went back. I think both of your options are feasible, but I would do the first if the itinerary allowed for it.

We stayed at the Hilton and booked directly through them.

I did it like you presented in the first scenario. I used the first partial day to get checked in and explore Ikspiari and the Disney hotels. The next morning we were able to hit the ground running — breakfast, then straight to the park, which I think is nicer than having to commute in from Tokyo. We did four full park days and hit up Bon Voyage on our departure day, the fifth morning, as we headed out of the resort. The schedule was well-paced and that’s how I would chose to do it again if I ever went back. I think both of your options are feasible, but I would do the first if the itinerary allowed for it.

We stayed at the Hilton and booked directly through them.

Thank you for the quick reply and affirmation. I prefer Scenario #1 myself, but we will see what works best. So, you stayed at the Hilton and not one of the Disney resorts, which is our preference. The Hilton didn't have that 2 night limitation thing?

We are doing Option #2 in May. I have my concerns but it worked best with our plans. I still haven't had the guts to work out how early I'll have to set my alarm in Tokyo to get to the Miracosta, allow time to drop our bags at bag check, pick-up our packets and get ourselves to Magic Kingdom in time for the happy 15.

Thank you for the quick reply and affirmation. I prefer Scenario #1 myself, but we will see what works best. So, you stayed at the Hilton and not one of the Disney resorts, which is our preference. The Hilton didn't have that 2 night limitation thing?
No limitations at the Hilton unless something has changed in the past few years.

We are doing Option #2 in May. I have my concerns but it worked best with our plans. I still haven't had the guts to work out how early I'll have to set my alarm in Tokyo to get to the Miracosta, allow time to drop our bags at bag check, pick-up our packets and get ourselves to Magic Kingdom in time for the happy 15.

How did you book more nights than 2 and 4 days of park tickets?

Is booking TDR packages something that you really must do yourself or can it be done through a travel agent?

Scenario 2 is absolutely feasible but Scenario 1 would be less stressful & more enjoyable :)

TDR doesn’t really do business with foreign travel agents - or with many Japanese travel agents, for that matter. There might be an approved Japanese TA with US satellite offices - most likely in Hawaii, if anywhere. A WDW/DLR TA isn’t going to be able to book TDR. Plan to book on your own.

There is a maximum package length of two nights at all hotels offered, including the Hilton. I think the other poster was talking about a room-only reservation. The only way to “extend” a package is really just to book additional nights separately. Package benefits would not be extended for those nights. Adding days to the park ticket itself is easy, but you can’t do it until you get there.

How did you book more nights than 2 and 4 days of park tickets?

Is booking TDR packages something that you really must do yourself or can it be done through a travel agent?
I didn't. All we have time for is the two night/three park days plan.
And I've re-considered. I think I'll book a night close to the parks and save myself getting from downtown Tokyo to the resort before opening. Put me in the #1 plan group.

Scenario 2 is absolutely feasible but Scenario 1 would be less stressful & more enjoyable :)

TDR doesn’t really do business with foreign travel agents - or with many Japanese travel agents, for that matter. There might be an approved Japanese TA with US satellite offices - most likely in Hawaii, if anywhere. A WDW/DLR TA isn’t going to be able to book TDR. Plan to book on your own.

There is a maximum package length of two nights at all hotels offered, including the Hilton. I think the other poster was talking about a room-only reservation. The only way to “extend” a package is really just to book additional nights separately. Package benefits would not be extended for those nights. Adding days to the park ticket itself is easy, but you can’t do it until you get there.
Yes, I was talking about a room-only reservation at the Hilton. Sorry, I misunderstood the question!

We are going in June and doing option #1. We will be coming from Kyoto though. We are staying at the Hilton and will take that first day after the train ride to go to ikspiari and relax. The next 4 days will be at the parks with 2 days at each park unless we want more time at Disney sea.

We are going in June and doing option #1. We will be coming from Kyoto though. We are staying at the Hilton and will take that first day after the train ride to go to ikspiari and relax. The next 4 days will be at the parks with 2 days at each park unless we want more time at Disney sea.[/QUO

So how would you recommend structuring a booking for Scenario #1?
  • 1 night hotel (no park tickets)
  • 2 night package (2 day park tickets)
  • 2 night package (2 day park tickets)
Assuming we booked the same hotel room type for each part, they wouldn't make us checkout and check back in for each part and possibly force us to change rooms, would they?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts