Booking a repeat room at the Poly

PiperG

Can't wait to enjoy our one day of summer here in
Hi all,

I am typcially on the DCL site but need your help here. In Dec '01, we stayed at the Poly and overlooked the "quiet pool." We were on the 3rd floor and it was truly magical.

How can we assure the same placement for a Feb or May '04 trip? Is that something our TA can assure at the time of booking?

I appreciate your advice

Dec 2001 - 4 Day Poly & 3 Day Wonder

You can request but there is no way to guarantee the same room.

Steve

Tikiman is right. There is no way to guarantee a room or even a location. It's a bummer. If you ask nicely, maybe your travel agent will fax the resort three days prior to your arrival and request it again, as well as adding it on to the reservation when they book it for you. Every time I have faxed before going, I have gotten my request. Good luck!

Thanks for the posts. . . . . although I admit to being "stumped." How is it that you can guarantee your cabin on the Magic but not a room at the Poly???

No need to answser.

That is such a good question. I have always wondered why you can book a specific cabin on ANY cruise line, but for room reservations at hotels you cannot. Maybe the number of rooms in inventory have something to do with it. That and the fact that large groups sometime book blocks of rooms ( I think even Disney has specific blocks of rooms set aside for crusie line guests as well), and it would be much more difficult to book large groups if rooms were already picked out of the inventory here and there throughout the hotels. I don't know, I admit, it would be nice to be able to book a specific room and have it be guranteed.

At the hotels people are checking in and out at different time intervals constantly. Hard to assign specific rooms when some people stay for 3 days and other 10, etc...WHEREAS on a cruise there is a predictable number of nights available for a certain week, etc...Easier to assign rooms when you know X number of people are all checking in the same day on a cruise.

Ahhh, that does make a lot of sense. At resorts, people are also leaving early and arriving late etc. They could lose money if someone books a room and then changes their dates or something at the last minute, or cancels completely. Then that room would just sit unoccupied. Cruises can offer last minute deals a lot easier than resorts can as well to try to fill up a ship before it sails. i know people that look on a wednesday for crusies on the weekend since they can get great discounts at the last minute.

PiperG

Arrive as early in the AM as you can. Even though your room probably won't be ready the front desk always honors our request at check-in if a room type/location will be opening up that day. The early mouse does get the cheese.
People checking in late in the day get whatever is left. We've stayed at the Poly 12 times and have gotten the room we wanted all but once, at a 4 PM check-in.
Good Luck.........

That sounds like good advice.

We did fly in the night before for our first land and sea package and are actually doing the same for our Magic cruise in January. As we plan this "04 trip, we will plan to get their early.

I assume we can unload our luggage at the Poly, enjoy the MK and return for a formal check-in.

Its a relief to know there is the possibility of getting a similar location. . . . . .unless I can get DH to upgrade to a lagoon view. . . . .you never know:smooth:

Yes, the Poly will store your luggage if your room is not ready. They will give you a phone number to call to see if your room is ready or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter