Boma?

WriteDisney

DIS Veteran
I'm a really, really picky eater. My DBF and I have an ADR for our September/October trip, but I'm really not sure if this would work for me. I think he would be fine with just about everything, but I'm pretty picky. What have been your experiences with Boma?

I think Boma is very good, but I pretty much eat anything. My mom is a picky eater and really doesn't like to try new things and she really didn't enjoy it. I would look over the menu and see how many items you would really eat and make a decision based on that. For my mom she didn't have much of a selection.

I am not a big fan of spicy or differently seasoned foods. I thought the soups and desserts at Boma were great! The main foods I didn't really like. I am glad I went but probably wouldn't go again. The good news is that if you do want to try it there is a section of "Kids" foods that are very basic fare you could eat if you did not like anything else.

From a formerly picky, eater, Boma is quite good, the food is african inspired but suitable for the american pallet. It is a great opportunity to try new things, and given that it is a buffet, there is little risk involved. If all else fails, there is the kids section that has pasta, mac and cheese, and chicken nuggets, or concentrate on the amazing desserts. I think you'll find something here you're excited about, just try to go in with an open mind.

GB

With variety of offerings that Boma has(not to mention the quality), I think you will definitely something to your liking.

Boma is one of our favorite places. Just decide not to be picky for one night. You might be surprised how much you like the food here!:goodvibes

DD(24) is as fussy as you can get and she loved Boma. It's the only TS dinner we're doing on our Land/Sea next month.

Plenty to choose from. At the worst you can have chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, fruit, and desert. ; ) But definitely at least try everything. My fiance is fairly picky, but I convinced her to try most of it and she loved some things that she never woulda ordered on her own.

My DH is extremely picky (meat and potatoes, pasta with red sauce, and salad with NO dressing). He loves Boma, and actually requested that we eat there on the next trip. There is a great variety for the adventurous to the extremely picky. You won't be disappointed.

I am not adventurous, actually, neither is DH or DS. We do quite well at Boma. I don't find the food to be all that different than American food. It almost seems to me like they spin African names for pretty normal stuff with a very mild touch of something different. I have no idea what authentic African food is like so I am just stating my opinion. What I am really saying is that most items were really not all that far-out, and most seemed actually pretty normal to me (again me: picky and not adventurous). Also, there is the tried and true mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, spaghetti, etc. You will not feel wierd in the least to choose food from the kiddie selections either...it's not like it's off in a distant area or anything. I think you will do okay and definitely find something to fill you up!!!

Real picky people don't try new things (speaking with 1st person expertise). So even though people say it's not that spicy or tastes different, a real picky person will read the desciption and decide whether or not to try something.

So...

No, I didn't care for Boma and will try to never have to go back. Others in our party liked things. But I pretty much ate the chicken nuggets and I think some sliced port and maybe the chicken (I don't even eat Mac n Cheese). I do like desserts, but I didn't get all the hype over their desserts either.

I'm a really, really picky eater. My DBF and I have an ADR for our September/October trip, but I'm really not sure if this would work for me. I think he would be fine with just about everything, but I'm pretty picky. What have been your experiences with Boma?

For our 2007 (first ever WDW trip) we ate dinner at Boma's. My "group" included one "picky" person, one "somewhat picky" person, and one "not picky whatsoever" person. I was excited about Boma's, it came highly recommended, but I was also apprehensive, I did not want to waste an expensive TS credit on the DDP. No worries! :) We all three LOVED it! :lovestruc

There is something for everyone, so even if you find that the new foods are just not "your cup of tea" there is so much more to try... even "traditional" food! We actually all liked different things and they were all the "Boma Specialties"!

We liked it so much that we have dinner ADR's there twice for our upcoming (September) trip! :thumbsup2 The food, decor, theme, ect... is all wonderful! :goodvibes Enjoy!

Hi
My girlfriend and I didn't care for Boma. The food was lukewarm and everything tasted sweet. I don't eat any meat and was really excited about eating at Boma, but I won't go back. My girlfriend thought the prime rib was really good. I think the zebra domes are overrated. They weren't that good. You should probaby try it for yourself, since I'm in the minority. I think most people love Boma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter