Boma - Yay or Nay?

Go into your kitchen and taste the cinnamon- NOT the cinnamon sugar that you might shake onto toast, but the straight cinnamon. I think that in their minds, most people associate the flavor of cinnamon with cinnamon sugar, or on top of baked goods like coffee cake, and therefore think foods with cinnamon will be sweet. Cinnamon is not sweet... it's actually almost bitter. Boma uses cinnamon in some of its dishes- but not all, and not even a majority of their dishes.

We love Boma because African inspired food is a different taste palate than what we usually eat here in the USA. If you are really sure you won't like it, untried and untasted, I guess that means there's more availability for those of us who wouldn't miss Boma on every trip! Also, although some folks find it noisy, it's nothing compared to Chef Mickey's or the Biergarten!!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for Boma!!

Sorry I have to comment. This statement always kills me. It usually comes up when the "debate" over Boma's spices occur. I know what cinnamon tastes like without the sugar...sorry for some of us it still tastes sweet. Yes a bit bitter but still sweet.
People have different taste buds, I believe there are 3 catagories people fall into. And that does make a difference when comparing spices.
So the Boma "drama" will always be, but I do wish that people wouldn't say that others "don't know what they are talking about" (not a direct quote). Basically that is what people say when they disagree with those of us who taste the sweet in all these dishes.
It isn't a "who's right, who's wrong" issue. Just boils down to experiences. And that is all I share when talking about Boma. It is not my intent to sway them one way or another. But I do wish someone would've described to me in detail what they experienced...if they had, I wouldn't have wasted a TS credit and I wouldn't have wasted a night hating the dinner.

OP, hope your experience will be to your liking!!! Enjoy your vacation!! :)

Nay.

I never placed my finger on why I (And the remainder of my party of 3) didn't like the food at Boma, but now that you mention it, I'd say the "sweet" seasonings we likely the cause. I'm not a fan of sweet foods at all. And that doubles with the fact that it ultimately gives the food a bland taste, IMO.

We ended up eating fries and pizza off the kids menu, and then spent the rest of the meal eating the desserts. Which were good, but not worth the bad main course, IMO.

We tried Boma after all the reviews I read here, there and everywhere. It was supposed to be a big place for Meat eaters and peopel who wanted something authentic and exciting. There was lots of meat and it was exciting to try new things and I LOVE soups - so it wasn't bad - For me. DH who is a huge meat eater didnt love it, DSs who are somewhat picky were not impressed. It was a good meal, and I am glad we tried it, but I am not sure we will be going there again soon. Crystal Palace is our favorite buffet by far. Don't get me wrong, the Ambiance is amazing and going to the AKL in itself was a highlight of our dinner trip there. BUT it was not for us!

Boma is the beSt Buffet of all of Walt Disney World! You will LOVE IT!

They have salads, humus, crackers, pita, various soups, salmon, steak, veggies, potato salad, coleslaws. It's the number one place for us. It is also a favorite on the DIS.

I know what cinnamon tastes like without the sugar...sorry for some of us it still tastes sweet.

Ok, you don't like cinnamon. Many people don't. I'm one of them but I love Boma!! The problem is that some indicated most of the foods at Boma use cinnamon or fruit or other sweeteners. I and many others have found this is very false. Most of Bomas foods do not have cinnamon nor are sweet at all. Now I do realize Boma rotates their selections daily so differences do occur. But that rotation is only at 1 or 2 or the stations.

On that note, I wish someone knew Boma's rotation schedule. There was one posted years ago but is outdated. I've seen this asked several times a year but so far nobody knows. CM's here in the know??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!