Boat from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom

kimj88

Mouseketeer
Is the boat from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom currently back and running?

Here is the link to the official Disney page. It says boat transportation is available on a limited basis. Doesn’t tell us a whole lot other than it is available, but not at the normal operating schedule. We are there in December, so I would like to know how often it is running, too. It is my primary reason for paying the high room rates at WL. It is so much more expensive than when we were there before. If we don’t get an answer here, I will call the hotel and find out the schedule.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/#drawer-card-wildernessLodge

The boat between WL and MK is running and has been since they reopened. The boat starts running an hour before park opens and runs until an hour after close. The boats are approximately 15-20 minutes apart with extra boats first thing in the morning.

The resort boats are not running yet - the boats that run between WL, CR and Ft Wilderness. We are hoping they return soon.

Yep, it's been running since WL reopened about a year ago.

There are 2 types of boats that service the WL. The smaller resort launches that don't support scooters and the larger boats that support roll-on service. For early morning service both boats are normally sitting at the WL dock to start MK service.

Also a quick note the boats between the WL and MK will not operate when there lightning is in the area. You can still catch a bus for the Resort loop at the MK or at the WL bus depot.

Dave

...yes it is. We were on that boat last Saturday morning when we had breakfast reservations at Steakhouse 71 in the Contemporary. Unfortunately, the ferry no longer stops directly at the Contemporary, so we had to transfer to the monorail from MK.

10 - 15 minutes at most. There is a security checkpoint once you land so after you pass thru you can head directly to the park

beats waiting in the bus line especially if you have a stroller

Google maps says boats arrive every 20 minutes and it takes 15, but that’s not been my experience. They almost always have two boats running (usually the Mermaid cruiser and a launch) so tend to arrive every 10 to 15 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts