Boardwalk Villas?????

Disneydreaming6

Mouseketeer
I am hoping to stay at the Boardwalk villas for a few days on my up coming trip in Oct. I have never stayed here so I don't know too much about the layout. What are some good locations to request? ( i know it is only a request). What buildings are close enough where we won't have to walk for miles to get to our rooms after the parks, would those rooms be diffrent from having a great view? Please any info about would be appreciated. Thank You
Kim

BWV is just one BIG building so you can really only request views and 'areas' of the building. I would highly suggest that you request being near the elevators.

We stayed in a one-bedroom on the second (or third :confused3 ) floor and it was about 2 rooms away from the elevators. One night we took a walk down the hall and wow - that is a long walk. I couldn't imagine walking all the way down the hall. And there is only one set of elevators so it's either take the elevator and walk and walk and walk or take the stairs. If your in the middle, it's still a long walk.

Our view wasn't great but it wasn't bad. We actually had a great view of the entrance. It was kinda nice to watch everyone getting off of the ME busses all excited to check in.

:cool1
I am hoping to stay at the Boardwalk villas for a few days on my up coming trip in Oct. I have never stayed here so I don't know too much about the layout. What are some good locations to request? ( i know it is only a request). What buildings are close enough where we won't have to walk for miles to get to our rooms after the parks, would those rooms be diffrent from having a great view? Please any info about would be appreciated. Thank You
Kim
The Boardwalk is a great resort, and you will have a lot of Fun. If children are in your group, a villa with a Luna pool view would be nice. I have stayed at other deluxes with walks just as long so don't worry(an extra minute of walking shouldn't cancel the positives of the resort).:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We reaquested an upper room when we went and got a fabulous view of the quiet pool and the dolphin. It was neat because the boats were docked right there and everymorning the horns would wake us up about 8:30 or 9:00. We absolutely loved the area. If view is not an issue request to be close to the elevator. It is a long walk otherwise. I would probably skip the view next time and ask to be near the elevators.

If you are going in October, better book SOON. The Food & Wine Fest will be going on and the Epcot area resorts fill up fast!!

BWV have 3 different room classifications. Are you booking through Disney or using/renting DVC points? In addition to Disney rooms (which are the Preferred View rooms), with DVC you can get Standard View and Boardwalk View rooms. What to request really depends on what you're booking.

I agree, staying near the elevator can be quite nice since those hallways are long! And they mysteriously grow during the day and are even longer at night when you are exhausted! That said, the good thing about being on the end, away from the hallways is that there are stairwells that lead you to being much closer to other things. In our case our one bedroom unit was the second from the end of the hallway. But the stairwell right there, led right out to the pathway to MGM and the pools. So that was nice in a way too. BW is a great resort. We had the standard view and had a great view of Epcot and Illuminations, as well as TOT and a pretty pond from the various points on our long balcony.

Word of advice for being by elevators::::::

one year our room was directly next to the elevator...The bedroom butted up against the elevator....So all night Long I heard the elevator go up and down..also got to hear the people talking in the elevator....drove me absolutely crazy....I eventually booted out my son who was sleeping on pull out in the LR....this was about 3:00 am

of course DH said I was crazy..but what does he know..he slept through a tornado....

the next day I was comatose and had to move.... CM"S were very nice and moved us.

Moral of the story....okay to be close to elevator...just make sure you are not the room directly next to the elevator

We stayed at the end of the hallway. I think we counted and it was 4,924 steps from our door to the elevator. It was closer to 50,000 steps for our 3 year old. It was a long walk, but we loved the resort! Since we were on the Dining Plan, the extra steps were definitely needed to work off some of those extra calories!

If you are going in October, better book SOON. The Food & Wine Fest will be going on and the Epcot area resorts fill up fast!!

Good advice. I booked my BWV stay in November 2006 because it's so difficult to get BWV and BCV during food and wine festival/October.

We were on the 4th floor, overlooking the quiet pool. Nice, peaceful view of the canal, TOT and could see some of the fireworks from Fantasmic nightly. My kids, however, named the corridor "The Corridor from Hell".

We stayed at the end of the hallway. I think we counted and it was 4,924 steps from our door to the elevator. It was closer to 50,000 steps for our 3 year old. It was a long walk, but we loved the resort! Since we were on the Dining Plan, the extra steps were definitely needed to work off some of those extra calories!

Ok, did you count how many steps the 3 year old took?? :confused3

Lets say you have a 2 foot stride (which is on the lower average side or kind of short). That means you would have walked 9848 feet. There are 5280 feet in a mile so you are saying it was almost 2 miles to your room?????

We were at the end of the hall too. x009 (only 4 doors away from the end of the hall) and I counted just under 300 steps.

The rms with boardwalk views that are a longer walk from the elevators, have the best views of Iluminations.

Yes, I agree we refer to that walk as "going to Cananda", but the view of the fireworks and Boardwalk seem to make it all better! The pool view is nice, but in the hot months there are often inconsiderate people swimming very late into the night so that could pose alittle bit annoying if you're looking to get some good rest.

We'll be staying at BWV for the first time in October for one night after our cruise. We have a standard view studio. Are all of the standard views in the same location? Or are they scattered about? I just wondered if anyone had an idea if I'd be close to an elevator or waaaaay down the hallway. Of course, for just one night, it'd won't be bad if we do have a long walk.

We'll be staying at BWV for the first time in October for one night after our cruise. We have a standard view studio. Are all of the standard views in the same location? Or are they scattered about? I just wondered if anyone had an idea if I'd be close to an elevator or waaaaay down the hallway. Of course, for just one night, it'd won't be bad if we do have a long walk.

SV overlooks the front entrance of the resort. It's actually nice to stay down toward the end of this hallway, since you can make a quick exit out the stairs and be at the Community Hall and quiet pool, plus you are on the walkway that leads to MGM (you can also cut out and over to the bus stop from here). We've even had partial fireworks views (Epcot) from these rooms. The closer you are to the elevators the closer you'll be the front entrance...some people are bothered by the sound of cars and bellhops, but it never bothered me too much. Either way the standard rooms are a great deal as far as the number of DVC points to stay is concerned. LOVE the BWV...hope you have a great time.

Kim

1. Like previously mentioned Oct fills up fast with DVC members staying for the food and wine Festivial. Disney does hold a separate set of room for non DVC but they are limited.
2.Boardwalk view rooms are typically just for DVC members now a days. And most Standard view rooms would be the same.
3.Preferred view rooms the largest catagory can put you just about anywhere in the resort.

The long hallways don't necessary bother me toward the MGM side. You can walk down the back stairs to get to MGM a nice stroll. You can walk down the stairs almost at the end of the hall and there is a door that leads right to the bus stop no need to walk through the lobby.

Word of advice for being by elevators::::::

one year our room was directly next to the elevator...The bedroom butted up against the elevator....So all night Long I heard the elevator go up and down..also got to hear the people talking in the elevator....drove me absolutely crazy....I eventually booted out my son who was sleeping on pull out in the LR....this was about 3:00 am

OMG you had the same room as me! We didn't ask to be moved, I took a sleeping pill and turned on the bathroom fan and it didn't bother my husband.I had requested a room near the clown pool so i figured I got what I asked for. It was also a handicapped room so the water from the shower ran all over the bathroom floor. Every thing was at the level of our 2 year old and he touched and opened it all. It was, for sure, not worth the 500+ a night we paid for a 2br villa.

Ok, did you count how many steps the 3 year old took?? :confused3

Lets say you have a 2 foot stride (which is on the lower average side or kind of short). That means you would have walked 9848 feet. There are 5280 feet in a mile so you are saying it was almost 2 miles to your room?????

We were at the end of the hall too. x009 (only 4 doors away from the end of the hall) and I counted just under 300 steps.

I believe our room was 2 miles from the elevator! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter