Boardwalk view villas being pulled out of inventory

cvjw

DIS Veteran
Just got a call from dvc this morning telling me that the 2 bedroom boardwalk view villa that I reserved for renters next week is being pulled from inventory. The cm said that he was making lots of calls this morning to members with upcoming stays in boardwalk view villas telling them that they are being relocated to pool/garden views. Said it is a maintenance issue.

Anyone have any insight as to what is going on? Pretty disappointing to reserve a Boardwalk view at the 11 month mark and then being given a pool/ garden view instead at the very last minute.

Probably the "Construction" they keep posting about. Cherry pickers outside or unusable balconies. Just a guess.

Wow, this is kinda scary to me. You reserve a villa at 11 months, then get told at a week out that it isn't available. And I'm sorry, but based on my experience, a pool/garden view isn't an acceptable substitute. The worst room view ever that I've had is from a pool/garden "view" at BWV. I'd rather take a standard view, even at the same points cost.

If it's legitimately a maintenance issue, though, what do you expect them to do?

They are likely pulling P/G from cash inventory. Standard is a rarity in cash.

If it's legitimately a maintenance issue, though, what do you expect them to do?

When I booked the villa for cash the only option was standard I couldn't pick anything else. Is this not normal?

Oh, what are the views of a real standard dvc?
The three views at BWV are Standard, Pool/Garden, and Boardwalk. Standard vies include the luggage loading area, front entrance, parking lot and tennis courts.

I would expect a refund of some points or some other compensation. You are always hearing about points refunds or free dining plans as compensation for minor things. There was a post this past week about a refund of points for noisy neighbors at the Poly.

What maintenance is happening only on one side of the hall, the boardwalk side? BWV seems to be caught in a 2 year maintenance project.

:earsboy: Bill

What maintenance is happening only on one side of the hall, the boardwalk side? BWV seems to be caught in a 2 year maintenance project.

That is why I wonder if it is exterior and involves balconies and cherry pickers, as that would be one side at a time..

I would expect a refund of some points or some other compensation. You are always hearing about points refunds or free dining plans as compensation for minor things. There was a post this past week about a refund of points for noisy neighbors at the Poly.

The thing about that is it's the same number of points for both. I completely get wanting that and would be upset over the change but there's little to quantify a points refund.

You would think they would know 11 months plus ahead when they were going to do work, most likely painting. And let the members know when we go to book. I do realize they are totally unorganized, so maybe that don't have a clue how to plan ahead, or they really don't give a hoot about the members. And we pay 12.5% of our dues for this?

You would think they would know 11 months plus ahead when they were going to do work, most likely painting. And let the members know when we go to book. I do realize they are totally unorganized, so maybe that don't have a clue how to plan ahead, or they really don't give a hoot about the members. And we pay 12.5% of our dues for this?

They have announced full resort refurbs on a months notice - and a full resort build with pool being ripped up, beach being removed etc on a couple of months notice. 11 months notice? That's a funny joke! (Unfortunately)

I actually don't know that they can be really solid 11 months out, DVC or no. When they decided on dates to rip down a building at Coronado, they had to move a lot of bookings, for instance. You also have estimates vs. reality. Florida weather can delay exterior work, cause exterior paint to dry badly and require a rescrape, etc., blowing up the best laid plans.

It's a challenge with people booking 11 months(DVC) or 499 days (resort guests) out to fully map what will be available.

At BWV for 1 year, $2,444,955 for DVC management, $3,675,547 for maintenance, $3,535,300 for resort management and front desk.

I was not expecting any points back since the points used for the 2 views are the same. It is just very disappointing that you book something so far out, and then a few days before check in, you don't get your room.

The CM said that lots of Boardwalk view villas were being taken out of inventory unexpectedly for a maintenance issue. Just wondering if anyone knew what was going on. A lot of villas out of service doesn't seem to be anything like a normal leak - it seems to me that it would be something more extensive to knock out multiple villas at once.

They are giving the renters a credit on their account for the inconvenience.

The thing about that is it's the same number of points for both. I completely get wanting that and would be upset over the change but there's little to quantify a points refund.

If I would have known, I would have booked standard view. I would have not spent extra points for pool/garden.

Noisy neighbors is no fault of DVC but they gave a refund?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter