Boardwalk check in

Hey crude sounds like you are my kind of girl! If it is done in a pleasant way you can go much further than if you shrug and go away mad.We all know what we have paid for and what is expected to be done. What did my grandma say, you get further with sugar then with vinegar!But when sugar doesn't work watch out the Irish is up!

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Hopefully you did not let a 30 minute experience at the beginning of your trip ruin the rest of your stay at WDW. I too have had off and on slow check-in experiences and have become upset at the long wait, however, my dw always looks on the bright side and straightens me out. How was the rest of your trip?

John,
That is so funny that you mentioned Duncan! Duncan is the CM I was speaking about in my post! We got Duncan when he was brand new and just learning and he did take awhile to check us in but he was so sweet. We got to know Duncan after this trip quite well and he was always such a pleasure and quickly became very efficient at his job, so when we went to BWV and he was not there we were disappointed. But then we found him in Epcot, so now we always stop by to say hello to Duncan. He works in Innoventions where they take a video email with your voice to send to family and friends. I asked him why he left BWV and he told me he just wanted a change and that he is very happy working at Epcot. He is such a sweetheart, we agree with you 100%, Duncan is a CM that gives guests Disney magic A++++! It was truely BWV loss when they lost Duncan, and Epcots gain.

We arrived at BWV around noon a week ago last Sunday. No wait for a CM to check us in and the process took about 10 minutes. We did not need to purchase any admissions media, so this was faster than our previous experiences where we had a guest purchasing a pass on one credit card and we were using a different card for our room charges. The CM had to post the payment for the park ticket prior to taking our credit card impression. Total time was closer to 15 minutes that time. In any case, this visit the room was ready at the time we checked in (in January the room was not ready until 3:45 pm). Welcome homes from the CM at the front desk, the parking valet, and the bell person who brought our bags to the room.

We departed on Saturday after a six night stay. I had placed the "privacy please" sign on the door the night before and we did not get any strange phone calls prior to clearing the room just prior to 11 am.

Ralph

We just returned from an 8 night stay. We arrived about 8 am and of course our room was not ready yet. They gave us the card with the phone number so we could call to see when our room was available, and we received all check in materials at that time-- no need to check back in at the front desk. I didn't find the check in time to be unreasonable, although I didn't time it.

I'm sorry your experience was unfavorable. I do have to say, though, that I think it's a little silly to assume that the check in time is slower at one resort or another. They all use the same system, particularly the DVC resorts. We're just at the mercy of human variances.

BTW, our room was ready very early. I checked in for the first time at noon and was pleasantly surprised to hear that our room was ready for us! I was happy to hear that as we had been up since 3:30 am! :eek:

Our check-in on 3/8 around 1:30 went quickly but we didn't buy tickets. I did ask for a print out of my PSs. The CM didn't seem to know what I was talking about so she printed individual slip for each PS. Not what I wanted. When we put DH's AMEX on the room charge the CM gave us a little bag with 2 AMEX lanyards and 2 pins. My complaint is bell services took our luggageand it put in storage but our room was ready and it took a little while for them to retrieve it and bring it to or room. Of course there were two different bellman so double the tip! LOL
BTW while at The World of Disney I asked about the AMEX discount. Th CM called the BWV to confirm that my room charge was AMEX and gave me a 15% discount. My total was over $200.00. I was expecting 10% for over $25.00. I don't know if this was the correct discount but I just said thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter