Boardwalk area?

El&Asmom

DIS Veteran
We are looking for a place to eat on our first night. We get to Orlando late morning, will probably just eat at Pepper Market at the hotel for lunch, and then hang around the pool.
I was thinking that we may want to get out in the evening for dinner, but don't have any ADRs for that day.
What's the Boardwalk area like? We went in Feb last time, and the place was deserted. Granted it was only like 50 degrees.
What do they have going on at the Boardwalk? Reading some guidebooks, it sounded like there was entertainment there.
Also what's a good restuarant that we won't need ADRs for in the area that is casual and good for kids, (3 and 9months). We will probably pay OOP for the meal since all our other TS credits are already accounted for, plus some.

Thanks.
BTW, I'm so glad I found this board. I never knew there were other Dis obscessed people out there. :cool1:

There is entertainment on the Boardwalk. We've seen jugglers, magicians, stuff like that. There are some carnival type games also, and you can rent surrey bikes.

Without ADRs, and with kids...maybe you could try the ESPN club? They don't take reservations. Depending on what is going on sports wise, it might be crowded, and it can be loud. However, they'd probably have food your 3yo would like.

I'd recommend ESPN Club too. Haven't eaten there ourselves, but people really recommend it and from walking by, I know that kids wouldn't be a problem there (unless it is World Series or Super Bowl or something - probably wouldn't want kids around those loud, drinking crowds).

About the entertainment, it does depend on the time of week/year as to whether or not there will be performers strolling around. We got preferred balcony view at BWV the first time we went "home" during January one year. Our thinking was that we would sit on the balcony after putting our little kids to bed and enjoy the performers. Oops, no performers during the week. It was really cold, though, maybe that's why. The carnival games were still open, but there was no one to play against.

Last Jan we were there again and there were performers both inside and outside. Can't remember the night. It is fun to walk around though even if it is just to enjoy the peacefulness of the lake.

There are also family friendly restaurants at the Beach Club which is on the other side of the lake and a very easy walk from BW. Our kids love to play on the sand beach there when it is warm. No swimming at the beach, but it is white sand and very "clean."

We love FF and showed up with no ressies but that is a more upscale joint. I am dying to try Spoodles and alot of people have posted it is a family kind of place. This is our first trip with baby so we are opting for Spoodles. The food at ESPN and the Brewing Place ? the name is also good we have eaten both places.

boardwalk activities do not begin in full til evening. another restaurant to think about is big river grill and brewery. no ADRs taken there either. we have enjoyed several meals there. :wave:

We like the Spoodles pizza window and the good news is that it takes CS credits. We used 2 credits there Jan. 05 and got a whole pizza, large salad, breadsticks, and 3 beverages. I don't know if they are still being so generous using the credits but the plan was new then and there were very accomodating. Also, we loved the pizza (some disboarders don't) and the salad was also very good. The 3 of us couldn't finish all the food and ending up throwing some away.

There is some entertainment. You can't go into the clubs with the kids though. But your kids might enjoy riding on the Friendship boats. They travel from Boardwalk to Yacht and Beach Club and Epcot and MGM. My DD6 enjoys going on them.

Heres the menu from allears.net. I don't see breadsticks listed so I'm not sure if they still have them.

Menu Date: June 2006
Serving Noon Until Midnight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pizza By the Slice - Cheese $3.49 or Pepperoni $3.99

16" Cheese Pizza $17.99

Extra Toppings Available for $1.49 each (mushroom, sausage, pepperoni, onion, black olives, peppers or extra cheese)

Mixed Green Salad $4.99

16 oz. Bottle Beer $5.00

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Iced Tea, Orange, Lemonade, or Root Beer $2.09

Bottled Water $2.00

Sangria or White Wine by the Glass $6.75

BoardWalk Mugs Refilled Here

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter