Boarding Groups

ND Irishfan

Earning My Ears
Couple of questions regarding port arrival times and boarding groups:

1. Going through the process last night I had issues when I got to the point of selecting a PAT I kept going in circles. I had an 11:30 PAT but couldn’t get to the next screen where I would get my boarding group as it said my contract was temporarily locked. Read on the Facebook group that someone else was having a similar problem and when they selected another PAT it allowed them to proceed. By the time I did that the earliest I could get was 12:30pm or an hour later, which is not ideal especially when our other room that is linked to our reservation got a 11:45am PAT. Can we show up with our other room at 11:45 or will they make us wait till 12:30 which means both rooms will have to wait?

2. As a result of the above we got boarding group 15. If they let us in the port with the rest of our group at 11:45am the next question is what about boarding group? The other room got boarding group 8. Will they make us wait till 15 if we all want to board together? At what point do they call open boarding these days?

I found this whole process checking in totally frustrating. Disney wants you to use this system but don’t have the bandwidth to support as I kept getting a spinning circle. Plus not being able to check both rooms in together is a real miss on their part. Very disappointed as I would of expected their IT process to be much easier.

When you say "our other room" is that your immediate family in 2 staterooms with an adult and children in each? If so, I would call DCL and ask them to work with you.

If the other room is another family you are traveling with, then if you want to arrive and board together you will need to use the later time.

In February they would not let family groups board together and made folks wait until the later group. In April they did let our family board with us in the earlier group. So you never know. Just like others, the website was a mess and my second room ended up far behind the first room. Just want to say, it doesn’t get better. I’m getting ready to do this again for the 4th time and it’s been a PITA each and every time, and actually worse each time. The blue circle of death is horrible. I have used my iphone, iPad, new PC. I’ve used safari, google, edge. You never know which device will work better. I have all my uploads, PP and selfies, saved on every device and have all been successfully passed 3 times now.

Officially -- if you have multiple staterooms with different PATs/Boarding Groups, they tell you to wait for the later one if you all wish to be together. Unofficially, they may allow everyone at the earlier time - but you aren't likely to know until you arrive.

Last night was the 6th time I have tried to check in online for a cruise. 3 times I had zero issues. 3 times I was not able to check in and had to wait until the next morning and got a later PAT. Our first cruise was one of the first dream sailings, so online checkin isn’t getting better. It is worse now, if that is even possible.

Last night was the 6th time I have tried to check in online for a cruise. 3 times I had zero issues. 3 times I was not able to check in and had to wait until the next morning and got a later PAT. Our first cruise was one of the first dream sailings, so online checkin isn’t getting better. It is worse now, if that is even possible.

thank you, I feel better. I thought I was going crazy thinking I’m getting worse doing this process. I guess each cruise has more passengers, so an increase in more people online. First off, as platinum we should be allowed to do it at least the day before if they aren’t willing to give us our #1 perk back. Social distancing is gone, testing at the port is nearly gone now, so we need to not be doing this anymore…..whew…..rant over

I had check in too last night - and waaay worse than my December check in and my May check in. Those I both finished in about 15 min in Firefox. This ultimately only took 20 min - but I switched from Firefox on my PC to Safari on my phone to Chrome on my PC. Also, I have to go back and fix a few things tonight.

That being said, I got an 11:15 PAT with BG 4...my SIL/MIL got 11:30PAT with BGs 6/7.

So, we're mostly only silver but MIL is Platinum...and we are going with her next May - so I hope by then they revert to the old way, but glad it wasn't reverted for this one (selfish interest entirely)

A bit off topic, but we are two staterooms and they are linked. My mom is on the one reservation and I the other. Can I go in and check both staterooms in at the same time, or does each reservation have to go in separatly. thanks!

A bit off topic, but we are two staterooms and they are linked. My mom is on the one reservation and I the other. Can I go in and check both staterooms in at the same time, or does each reservation have to go in separatly. thanks!
It's based on the account linked to the cabin. If you have her DCL sign-in info, credit card, copies of travel docs and her selfie you can do everything, but everything is separate.

It's based on the account linked to the cabin. If you have her DCL sign-in info, credit card, copies of travel docs and her selfie you can do everything, but everything is separate.

exactly. I book 2 cabins, one for us and one for daughter and grands. I have to do each separately

We had 1 member of our group who had a later PAT and a higher numbered boarding group. We asked several different people and the response was always that he could stay with us, no problem. Not sure if that was because he was just 1 person or if that would be standard?

ETA: We had 3 rooms and I checked everyone in....I had to do one room at a time which was why the one room ended up later/higher.

Ugh. I'll be checking in soon and am a bit apprehensive now. I too wish they would separate check in by Castaway status again. That's probably why there are so many issues now: everyone is checking in at once.

good luck. For me it gets worse, my next check in in august I have 3 cabins because we got the grandkids their own room. I think my daughter is going to have to get up this time and help. Unfortunately by the time I’m done, I can’t go back to sleep because I get so worked up and frustrated.

good luck. For me it gets worse, my next check in in august I have 3 cabins because we got the grandkids their own room. I think my daughter is going to have to get up this time and help. Unfortunately by the time I’m done, I can’t go back to sleep because I get so worked up and frustrated.
Maybe just check in the next morning. I got a 1:00 PAT for the 9 night next month at 7:00 the next morning. Not a great PAT, but not a terrible one either.

Maybe just check in the next morning. I got a 1:00 PAT for the 9 night next month at 7:00 the next morning. Not a great PAT, but not a terrible one either.
That’s actually not a bad time for 7 am. I know folks who did it at night who got either 12:30 or 1:15 so you did good by sleeping in and doing it in the morning

When you say "our other room" is that your immediate family in 2 staterooms with an adult and children in each? If so, I would call DCL and ask them to work with you.

If the other room is another family you are traveling with, then if you want to arrive and board together you will need to use the later time.
Calling DCL and hold time is estimated at 81 minutes. Better than what I hear from some but
That’s actually not a bad time for 7 am. I know folks who did it at night who got either 12:30 or 1:15 so you did good by sleeping in and doing it in the morning
I checked multiple times yesterday for an earlier time and never was able to secure one but this morning I was able to get a 12noon. At least our two rooms have back to back boarding times versus spread out by 45 minutes.

Didn’t sleep in! I was online at midnight, but just continually got the spinny blue circle of doom. Finally gave up at 12:30 and just went to sleep. Tried again at 7:00 am!

We are travelling in Nov.. 3 staterooms, 10 pax party... using Disney transfer from WDW... do we still need to check in at midnight?

Other than getting boarding group.. why is important to do the midnight check in pls?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!