Board the Ship

Would you cruise if there were no COVID restrictions?

• Yes

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 44 52.4%

• Total voters
It’s just a popular belief... Just like the belief that Canadians are polite and well behaved. Doesn’t mean it’s true. (I’m Canadian.)
The Americans with whom the negative belief about Americans is popular likely think it's because of other Americans. Never themselves.

Today, not at all. Later this year and if we have had the vaccine, sure would probably be ok with that. Only wild card is how is the rest of the world doing as that could put me in the no camp even later this year. Just way to many unknowns right now. Heck there was a time everyone thought things would be looking better by now and that never happened.

We were also on the '19 WBPC and several people did contract COVID and we know of several who passed away due to it. It's nothing to take lightly. And I completely agree, while "never" is a very long time, it will be a very long time before (if) we ever get back to "the way it was before..."

On the WBPC they stopped allowing self-serve buffet. And it wasn't that bad at all. Honestly, it was nice knowing that only gloved cast members were handling the tongs, not some kid who hadn't washed his hands in 3 days. It didn't slow things up as you might suspect either. It was actually fairly efficient. There's always that tray you just can't fully reach in the back that is no longer an issue! People will get used to it, and life will go on. You're back onboard! There's plenty of other things to focus on.

As for the "requiring proof of vaccination," I hope they do. People say "they can't do that!" Sure they can. They're a company, not a public park. They have the responsibility to keep people safe, so they absolutely can require that. They already require lots of things. Paying in full by a certain date, having a passport, being on time for boarding, etc. This is no different. It's one more piece of paper you have to provide to board. And honestly, why wouldn't you get the vaccine if you're going to be in relatively close proximity to a couple thousand people from all over the world for several days? It just makes good sense.

Does getting the vaccine mean you won't get COVID? No, but then again people who get the flu shot every year still get the flu too. I think (personal opinion, not speaking for anyone else) that we need to change the way we think about our daily routines and vacations a little. Just like you have to have certain immunizations to go to certain countries in the world, it's no different requiring the vaccine to cruise again.

Cheers,

daedelus
The vaccine is currently only approved for emergency use, not normal approval. That usually takes years. These were allowed to be released because of the current pandemic and the emergency nature. Not legally allowed to require vaccine not fully approved.

I won't consider boarding until we've been fully vaccinated. I still may not without a vaccine requirement for all on board. We're supposed to be on the Magic on Oct 30 for our 20th anniversary, but right now I don't expect to actually be sailing.

Temperature checks are a joke. All 4 of us had covid over Christmas. I was the only one that ever had a fever. Even then, mine was low grade and would technically pass temp checks for most of it, due to being on immunosuppressants. I absolutely don't want to get it again and don't feel confident I could survive it again. A month after first symptoms, I'm still really struggling.

I won't consider boarding until we've been fully vaccinated. I still may not without a vaccine requirement for all on board. We're supposed to be on the Magic on Oct 30 for our 20th anniversary, but right now I don't expect to actually be sailing.

Temperature checks are a joke. All 4 of us had covid over Christmas. I was the only one that ever had a fever. Even then, mine was low grade and would technically pass temp checks for most of it, due to being on immunosuppressants. I absolutely don't want to get it again and don't feel confident I could survive it again. A month after first symptoms, I'm still really struggling.

Temp checks as screening are how we got cruise ships full of covid. It’s nothing but a false sense of security.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter