Blue Horizons show is ending

FLOIR

DIS Veteran
It was announced today that the Blue Horizons show (the one at Whale and Dolphin stadium) is coming to an end. It will be replaced by Dolphin Days, which is the show currently in place at SeaWorld California.

The final performance is scheduled for March 31, with the first performance of Dolphin Days scheduled for April 1. I am guessing that means there will not be much of a set design change, with one show ending and the new one starting the very next day.

This is the official press release -

SeaWorld Orlando Welcomes Spring with New Show “Dolphin Days
Guests make connections as deep as the ocean at Dolphin Theater

Orlando, Fla. (March 2, 2017) - SeaWorld Orlando will launch a new show called Dolphin Days, immersing guests into the world of the ocean’s most playful ambassadors. Dolphin Days, will debut on Saturday, April 1, replacing the popular Blue Horizons® after an eleven-year run at Dolphin Theater. In the new presentation, the audience will learn more about the individual personalities of each Atlantic bottlenose dolphin while witnessing the special bond they share with their trainers. A soaring rainbow of macaws and other tropical birds will also delight guests, uniting the mysteries of the deep oceans with the wonder and beauty of the skies above.
The new Dolphin Days will also present an interactive opportunity for young guests. During each show, one lucky young volunteer will be selected from the audience to learn firsthand from the training team in an up-close encounter with one of the dolphins and a green-winged macaw.
As guests are wowed by the agility, grace and aerial bows of the dolphins, they will learn how they can help protect dolphins in the wild. The addition of Dolphin Days is the latest example of how SeaWorld continues to provide families with experiences that matter. Through up-close encounters and unique shows like Dolphin Days, guests will leave the park inspired to care about this amazing species, and take action to help wild animals and the places they live.
Dolphin Days won’t be the only place to learn more about dolphins. The park’s new Dolphin Nursery will open in time for summer, offering an interactive educational experience for guests to see dolphins up close. The addition of virtual reality to Kraken and the new nighttime spectacular Electric Ocean round out an exciting line-up of new attractions and shows opening this year.

That's crazy news. Just by luck we will be visiting SeaWorld on March 31st the last day of the Horizons show. So glad we'll get to see it

This makes me want to say a bunch of curse words. Still going one day in December since we have the tix from Discovery Cove. It used to be my favorite park in Orlando, I hope it will still be fun.

I am looking forward to riding Mako for the first time, but we live so near Cedar Point, so it takes away the luster for us. We have already ridden a drop coaster that is taller/longer. Sea World offered us something that we can't get in Ohio anymore (since Sea World closed up here).

I hope they don't get rid of the dolphin swim at Discovery Cove before December...

This makes me want to say a bunch of curse words. Still going one day in December since we have the tix from Discovery Cove. It used to be my favorite park in Orlando, I hope it will still be fun.

I am looking forward to riding Mako for the first time, but we live so near Cedar Point, so it takes away the luster for us. We have already ridden a drop coaster that is taller/longer. Sea World offered us something that we can't get in Ohio anymore (since Sea World closed up here).

I hope they don't get rid of the dolphin swim at Discovery Cove before December...

The good thing is, SeaWorld tends to do things really well. Perhaps we'll all fall in love with the replacement feature. I'm holding out hope for that.

We were gutted when we learned that they were discontinuing the Polar Express attraction for the 2016 holiday season and replacing it with Rudolph & Friends. Turns out we LOVED the Rudolph village and it was a highlight of our visit. Maybe its just my old(er) age making me resistant to change? :scratchin

At any rate, we don't have plans to visit Seaworld THIS year (since we opted instead for AP's to Universal) but our son just purchased annual passes for himself and his girlfriend. They don't go until September but I'll be interested to hear their review of the new show after their visit.

Wasn't my favorite, usually skipped it. Will wait to pass judgement on new show until experiencing it!

Um why are you mentioning possible removal of DC/dolphin swim? Is this a rumor with some teeth?

Mako holds up very well to the CP coasters, which we do enjoy. A coaster's mettle not determined by the drop size IMO :).

I"m so glad! I was never a fan of the current show. I'd much rather see more dolphin interaction than acrobats. Besides, throughout this last year, the acrobats haven't been able to do most of their part of the show due to equipment issues.

I look forward to kids/people being able to interact with the dolphins again. When I was a kid part of the excitement for the shows was hoping to get picked to interact with the dolphin.

I wonder if they'll incorporate the pilot whales into the show. When we were there in January they had them in one of the shows we saw. They're definitely still learning commands but it was really interesting to see them.

The SW SD dolphin show was more of a well dolphin show, and less of a production show. It was OK but well it was just OK.

Does anyone know when they'll release the show schedule for April? I'm trying to plan out our day with the shows and schedule a Dolphin Encounter but don't know what time to choose.

I'm looking forward to the new show. We skip a lot of the shows at SW because they have been the same for so long. We have had APs three times in the last five years and have become bored with the same show trip after trip after trip year after year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter