Blue Bayou to begin selling alcohol

Gaugersaurus

DIS Veteran
It's buried in the latest Disney Parks blog post but I've pulled the excerpt.

Blue Bayou Restaurant in Disneyland park will soon offer new beverage options that elevate the culinary experience. This guest-favorite spot will open after the theme parks reopen, and we’ll share that date as soon as we can. The enhanced offerings fit right in with the story and spirit of the Blue Bayou and reflect what many of our guests have requested.

The new additions will complement the menu and theme of the restaurant, with beverages such as wine, beer, and a specialty Hurricane Cocktail – a New Orleans staple! Or, you may want to try the new celebration sparkling wine package. Soon, you’ll be able to pair them with the restaurant’s delicious menu items, like the popular Surf and Turf. Also, keep an eye out for new, seasonal takes on our Mint Julep non-alcoholic beverage. Stay tuned for more on Blue Bayou.

Full Parks Blog post here: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/03/disney-parks-best-bites-april-2021/

Makes sense. Blue Bayou has moved more and more upscale, and makes sense to bring in cocktails and wine now.

Once they brought alcohol to Oga this was inevitable. Not sure alcohol fits anywhere else than the 3 locations in the park, so as long as it doesn’t turn into a slippery slope it should be fine.

I really don’t want it to start being ubiquitous, I’d rather not see sloshed people walking around the park like you see in Epcot.

Not the biggest fan of this. While I do drink occasionally, I don't feel serving alcohol is necessary inside Disneyland.
Agree completely. I don’t feel that alcohol has any place at DL. There are probably 5,000 bars in Southern California. Find one of them, if you must drink.

I’m acquainted with someone who worked in Disney ticketing and she’d tell me stories of guests being kicked out of the park regularly for being drunk (and often having their APs revoked). I’ve witnessed a few hammered people in the park myself and I never like to see it. Moreover, it feels mildly hypocritical to enable a behavior — selling alcohol — and then punishing guests for it.

I am okay with this, since -- like Oga's -- it's a completely indoor setting, somewhat more adult-oriented, and they are (probably) not going to let you take your drinks outside. I'm not a complete purist about Disneyland, but I wouldn't want to see the alcohol everywhere within Disneyland like it is in DCA.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the opposition to this, but I am. When a decent restaurant has steak on the menu, it needs to sell wine. I I'm not a big drinker, but honestly the surf and turf (which I love) and the steak fall flat without a nice glass of red to complement it. I honestly think that no one should have a problem with this; though clearly some do.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the opposition to this, but I am. When a decent restaurant has steak on the menu, it needs to sell wine. I I'm not a big drinker, but honestly the surf and turf (which I love) and the steak fall flat without a nice glass of red to complement it. I honestly think that no one should have a problem with this; though clearly some do.
I agree and I don’t drink.

There are two points I think those that oppose have to this that I think have merit:
1. Walt was pretty explicit with his opinion of alcohol in the parks.
2. The slippery slope. First Oga, now Bayou, next will potentially be other full service restaurants and then boom, it’s ubiquitous.

Many of those opposed seem to be worried about drunk people stumbling around the park. But MK in WDW has been selling alcoholic drinks for years and in my many visits during this time I have never seen anyone who was noticeably drunk, and I don’t expect to see that in Disneyland either.

I agree and I don’t drink.

There are two points I think those that oppose have to this that I think have merit:
1. Walt was pretty explicit with his opinion of alcohol in the parks.
2. The slippery slope. First Oga, now Bayou, next will potentially be other full service restaurants and then boom, it’s ubiquitous.
1. Yet Walt himself would have an adult beverage while in the park. If you've ever had a tour of his apartment you would see the accoutrements. He also planned on having alcohol at Club 33.
2. Where's my sled?

Makes me kinda sad, because it's a break with tradition. But it doesn't really matter. People would go over to DCA or to DTD to get something and then come back. Save them some steps, I guess.

Many of those opposed seem to be worried about drunk people stumbling around the park. But MK in WDW has been selling alcoholic drinks for years and in my many visits during this time I have never seen anyone who was noticeably drunk, and I don’t expect to see that in Disneyland either.
We definitely saw a few people in MK drunk in Feb. And definitely quite a few at DCA over the years.

I don't think Alcohol should be sold in any of the theme parks, but especially not DL or the magic kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!