• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT- here now! :)

Sounds like you're having a blast. I'll be staying at BLT in a little over a month. Can't wait to go! :banana:

BLT is fantastic! I love the quick access to the monorail, Contempo Cafe, the pool, the lake view rooms... I guess I just love it all. I am really going to miss it when we switch to AKL Jambo on Sunday:( I know Jambo will be great though. Looking forward to the savannah view!!

The princess breakfast in Norway was incredible! This is the 3rd time we have been. DD7 insists we do it each time. I love the interaction with the princesses. Even DS4 likes it. They did the little processional around the restaurant. Ariel asked the kids to be her line leaders and once DS agreed to do it DD joined right in. Afterward we waited to meet Duffy. It was totally worth it. The kids were first and got to walk right up to the pavilion holding Duffy's hand. Just precious! Traded some vinylmations before we hopped on the monorail to head back to the resort. Gotta make up for lost pool time as soon as I finish this pesky laundry! Hoping to make Illuminations tonight! It will be the first time we have seen it. :)

The princess breakfast in Norway was incredible! This is the 3rd time we have been. DD7 insists we do it each time. I love the interaction with he princesses. Even DS4 likes it. They did the little processional around he restaurant. Ariel asked the kids to be her line leaders and once DS agreed to do it DD joined right in. Afterward we waited to meet Duffy. It was totally worth it. The kids were first and got to walk right up to the pavilion holding Duffy's hand. Just precious! Traded some vinylmations before we hopped on the monorail to head back to the resort. Gotta make up for lost pool time as soon as I finish this pesky laundry! Hoping to make Illuminations tonight! It will be the first time we have seen it. :)

Do they trade Vinylmations like pins now? We were just there in December and I did not notice that. If so, is it all over or just certain areas? Thanks! We'll be at BLT and Kidani in just over a month. Can't wait!:yay:

BLT is fantastic! I love the quick access to the monorail, Contempo Cafe, the pool, the lake view rooms... I guess I just love it all. I am really going to miss it when we switch to AKL Jambo on Sunday:( I know Jambo will be great though. Looking forward to the savannah view!!

I own BLT, but like AKV-Jambo so much better.
I hope your family does too. It is beautiful and detailed beyond belief.

The princess breakfast in Norway was incredible! This is the 3rd time we have been. DD7 insists we do it each time. I love the interaction with he princesses. Even DS4 likes it. They did the little processional around he restaurant. Ariel asked the kids to be her line leaders and once DS agreed to do it DD joined right in. Afterward we waited to meet Duffy. It was totally worth it. The kids were first and got to walk right up to the pavilion holding Duffy's hand. Just precious! Traded some vinylmations before we hopped on the monorail to head back to the resort. Gotta make up for lost pool time as soon as I finish this pesky laundry! Hoping to make Illuminations tonight! It will be the first time we have seen it. :)

It sounds like you all are having a wonderful time.
Hope you get some good pictures.

Do they trade Vinylmations like pins now? We were just there in December and I did not notice that. If so, is it all over or just certain areas? Thanks! We'll be at BLT and Kidani in just over a month. Can't wait!:yay:

Yes. Vinylmations are traded but only in certain places, Villains in Vogue at HS, Mousegears and Disney Traders at Epcot, Island Mercantile at AK, and the Trading Post at MK.

We had fast passes to Test Track tonight. It was the first time any of us had been on it. It was amazing. We absolutely loved it and are ready to do it again! We stuck around for Illuminations. We found a good spot just to the right of the stage across from American Adventure. It was great. Another first for all of us. As soon as we started walking both the kids fell asleep in their strollers! They are snoozing as we sit on a bench right outside the exit and wait for the monorail traffic to thin out! Tomorrow we have an early ADR at Crystal Palace... :)

What a day! We had a late night last night. After Illuminations we slowly made our way back to the resort. It was about 11:00 by the time we arrived. Luckily the kids fell asleep almost as soon as the fireworks were over. I'll admit, this morning was rough for all of us. DH woke up with a migraine and the kids were pretty sluggish. Our ADR at Crystal Palace was at 8:20. We walked over to MK and after a few pictures on Main Street we arrived at Crystal Palace just on time. None of us ate very much but the character interaction was really fun! DH snuck out of breakfast to grab FP at BTMRR. Finally everyone perked up and we had a great morning in the park. Here's what we did...
1) Buzz Lightyear
2) Astro Orbiter
3) the kids and I rode the teacups while DH fast passed Dumbo and Barnstormer (yes, you can get both- they aren't linked to the system)
4) BTMRR
5) Pirates of the Caribbean
6) Aladdin's Magic Carpets
7) rode the train from Frontierland to Fantasyland
8) rode Barnstormer
9) rode Dumbo
10) rode train from Fantasyland to Main Street(we were hot and tired)

We retuned to the resort for lunch and and a much needed nap. Woke up to hear it storming very badly! Yikes! The plan is to catch the nighttime parade and fireworks tonight at MK...

Instead of going over to MK for the fireworks we decided to go up to the TOTWL. Glad we did. It was awesome! It was so cool to see Wishes from a different perspective. This morning we are checking out of BLT :( ... And into AKL Jambo! :)

Enjoying your trip report! Your kids must be in heaven! We have done the BLT/AKV split before and are doing it in July. I like starting with BLT to get our MK on and then switching to the more peaceful setting of AKV.

The un-reliability of the monorail is one of my biggest disappointments about BLT transportation. We tried to get to Epcot for RD once, but the monorail did not want anything to do with that plan. Walking to MK is great, but getting anywhere else is hit or miss --- even the Poly.

Make sure you visit the pool area at Kidani while you are at Jambo. You can hop a DTD bus to Kidani, walk, or take the shuttle. Your kids would love the splash play area there and the pool and slides are excellent.

Sounds like you are getting a lot of fun stuff in for your first trip home. When my DS7 was 4, he loved running around The Boneyard at AK and Honey I Shrunk the Kids park at HS. He still loves it, and is usually a sweaty mess by the end!

Enjoy the rest of your stay!:thumbsup2

Sounds like y'all are having a great time! You are accomplishing so many firsts. I hope that your move to AKL was easy peasy. Enjoy seeing those animals from the balcony; I'm sure it'll be hard to tear your kids away.

I second the above poster who encouraged you to use the pool at both Jambo and Kidani. Take the shuttle between the two to save yourself from the heat.

We are having so much fun! Checked out this morning and headed to church. We met up with BIL, SIL, and their two kids. They are staying at AOA and we joined them for lunch at Landscape of Flavors. Hanging out by the Cozy Cone pool right now. It is so quiet compared to the Nemo pool! This place has so many photo opportunities. We check into Jambo in a while. We've never been there so I can't wait to see it. First a little play time for DD7, DS4, DN7, and DN4.

We've checked into Jambo! We have been assigned a room in the Arusha Savannah. This resort is...overwhelming and beautiful all at the same time. The kids in are in sensory overload right now. The sights and sounds have them going in a thousand different directions. We checked out Arusha Rock Overlook. Most of the animals were relaxing in the shade but we did see a few giraffes, antelope, and ankhole cattle. We have found a cool relaxing spot to hang out while we wait for our room to be ready. :) Love it already!

Oh, how I adore Jambo. Just sitting on the balcony and checking out the animals is fantastic. We can see the top of Expedition Everest and the Tree of Life from our balcony too!

What a busy day! We went to EMH at AK this morning. DD7 and DH rode Expedition Everest first thing. DD said it was too fast but wanted to ride it again so we got a FP for later! Then we all rode the Safari. Always a favorite for the family. It was pretty hot today so when we got back to the resort we decided to hit the pool. DH needed to pick up some VIP fast passes (courtesy of our DVC rep Dave) so we took the shuttle to Kidani. DD loved the slide and DS thiught the splash area was great. Now we are waiting on a bus for HS! Star Tours here we come!

I'm so glad you're enjoying Jambo as much as BLT. Sounds like you have a great view! Continue to have fun. :)

I'm so glad you're enjoying Jambo as much as BLT. Sounds like you have a great view! Continue to have fun. :)

Thanks! Jambo is just so different from BLT. Glad we decided to split so we could experience both. I will post pictures when we get home:)

We marked a few more things off our "first time" list tonight. We watched Lights, Motor, Action. DS was mesmerized by it. We also watched the Beauty and the Beast show. Oh my goodness, this show was outstanding. It just reaffirmed why I love WDW. The attention to detail and effort that goes into the experience just can't be matched. A pleasant surprise was waiting for us when we returned to Jambo...four giraffes and a zebra were hanging out by our balcony. Such an awesome treat!

Slept in a bit this morning but made it to HS for RD. It was crazy!! By the time we got to TSM it was 9:00 and the posted wait time was 75 minutes! Yikes! The kiddos and I met Woody and Buzz first and were out pretty quickly. Them we headed to TSM. The line moved very fast and we probably only waited about 30 minutes. Everyone loves this attraction! Another first was marked off the list when we met Mike and Sully in their "college stuff" as DD calls it. They were so much fun to meet. They were goofing around with the kids and playing. Back at the resort now and we were hoping swim but the pool is closed due to thunderstorms...Up next, Epcot!

We had a very relaxing evening at Epcot. We braved the sprinkles which were a welcome change from the heat earlier in the day. After a little shopping we wanted to tour the World Showcase. We stopped in UK to try to find Mary Poppins and Alice. We found both along with Tigger and Pooh in the same shop. It was a little crazy at first but it all turned out great. DD was thrilled to see them. DS refused to meet them but was eager to see Tigger and Pooh again. Then we found Aurora in France. This is DDs favorite princess of all. Only three more days left. I'll let you in on something...we are already planning our next trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter