• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT- here now! :)

DisneyGal24

Always dreaming of Disney! DVC—SSR & AKL
My family (me, DH, DD7, and DD4) arrived yesterday afternoon. We were greeted with our first "welcome home" ever! This our first trip since buying DVC last August. In our previous trips we stayed at value resorts and we didn't know what to really expect with BLT. We were blown away! The room is awesome!! We have a lake view studio. I was a little concerned about the size after what I had read on the boards but it is bigger than I expected. All of our stuff fits great and since we drive down I pack pretty heavy! We decided not to do any parks and hit the pool first. I could barely drag my kids away from the pool. They had a blast! The slide and splash pad were a huge hit! We finally got them over to Contempo Cafe. It was delicious and so quiet. We are used to food courts so it was nice to eat in peace. We decided to roll the dice and take the bus to DTD. The kids really wanted to ride the bus and I will have to admit that I didn't want to get back in the van after spending 9 hours in it to get here :) We only waited about ten minutes but there was standing room only by the time we got on. Luckily two very sweet young men have their seats for the kids. Right now, I am enjoying the view of Bay Lake! Let me know if you have any questions. Going to MK today and hope to avoid the rain!

Welcome home and glad you are enjoying BLT so much.
Re: rain. That is the wonderful thing about BLT, it is so close to MK. If you get wet you can go home to dry off & change. I hate walking around in wet shoes. (So many years of late August trips & torrential rainstorms from tropical storms, even with 2 pair of shoes and trading off each day, they never would dry out.)
How long are you there for?
Don't miss the new Wilderness Explorers activity at Animal Kingdom. Look for Jennifer, one of the "scout leaders", she's great. Your kids should really enjoy it. And Finding Nemo the Musical. I recommend Festival of the Lion King about 5PM, after the parade and everything else. If really invigorates you and reenergizes you, and is such a wonderful way to end your day at AK.

We are spending 6 days at BLT, 5 at Jambo, and 1 at POFQ. So excited! We will definitely check out the Wilderness Explorers. The kids will love it! Thanks :)

Had a little hiccup with our meal plan. We had initially booked 5 nights at BLT but added 1 day at the beginning. Our reservations did not get linked like we asked when we booked. No biggie at check in and the front desk made sure we could stay in the same room. Except the meals for the meal plan got all messed up. Tried to get lunch at MK today but were told there weren't any meals on our card. There wasn't a coordinator on site to help us. The kids were hot and hungry so we headed back to the resort and the front desk worked it all out! Thank you BLT! :) After another delicious meal at Contempo Cafe we managed to squeeze in a little pool time before bad weather chased us out! Loving it! At Hollywood Studios now. Wreck it Ralph and Vanellope were a huge hit with the kiddos. Waiting for Phineas and Ferb now. Then going to dinner at Sci-Fi!

Fun night at HS. The kids met Ralph and Vanellope. It was a bit of a wait but they really wanted to meet them. We got DS4 to say, "I'm gonna wreck it" to Ralph. It was adorable and Ralph started hitting his hands on the ground. It was great. DD7 was mesmerized by Vanellope. Then we checked out Star Tours. The kids had never been on it. They said it was awesome and wanted to ride it again. In the gift shop at the wit DS picked out a $45 storm trooper helmet! Yikes! He ended up with a $15 light saber:) it was a great day! Tomorrow we start with breakfast at Ohana with Lilo and Stitch!

In the three days we have been here we've had transportation issues. Last night our bus scraped along a pole at the entrance to the Contemporary. We had to sit there for a while so Disney could take our info and make sure everyone was ok. Then this morning the monorail was having problems and we had to wait in several stops until the got it worked out. They said they had to transfer passengers at another stop. We were late to our ADR at Ohana but it all worked out. Had a great meal and the kids really enjoyed Lilo, stitch, Mickey, and Pluto. We missed rope drop because of another delay but we were at Merida just before it opened. DD7 loved Merida! Waiting for Monsters Inc now!

Sounds like you are having a pretty good trip! Even the hiccups aren't as bad when you're in Disney!:cool1:

Sounds like you are having a pretty good trip! Even the hiccups aren't as bad when you're in Disney!:cool1:

Having a blast. Disney makes everything better, right! Lol :) Looks like we are going to trek through the rain tomorrow at MK. Ponchos here we come!

In the three days we have been here we've had transportation issues. Last night our bus scraped along a pole at the entrance to the Contemporary. We had to sit there for a while so Disney could take our info and make sure everyone was ok. Then this morning the monorail was having problems and we had to wait in several stops until the got it worked out. They said they had to transfer passengers at another stop. We were late to our ADR at Ohana but it all worked out. Had a great meal and the kids really enjoyed Lilo, stitch, Mickey, and Pluto. We missed rope drop because of another delay but we were at Merida just before it opened. DD7 loved Merida! Waiting for Monsters Inc now!

Yikes on the bus accident!
The monorail frequently has problems.
Sorry you were late for Ohana breakfast ADR. I have never done that one, but it sure looks like fun.
I am glad you were able to meet Merida.
Isn't Monsters Inc fun? Did you text a joke to them?

Yikes on the bus accident!
The monorail frequently has problems.
Sorry you were late for Ohana breakfast ADR. I have never done that one, but it sure looks like fun.
I am glad you were able to meet Merida.
Isn't Monsters Inc fun? Did you test a joke to them?

Yeah, we're just rolling with the punches. I guess I should say we are rolling through the rain! Lol Got caught in the rain at HS. Luckily we were seated about 20 min early for our ADR at 50s Prime Time. Looking forward to "home cooked" food!

We'll be at BLT in two weeks in a lake view studio although we'll have 5 (one under 3). It'll probably be cramped! But sounds like you're having a blast!

We'll be at BLT in two weeks in a lake view studio although we'll have 5 (one under 3). It'll probably be cramped! But sounds like you're having a blast!

It's not bad. Smaller than most studios I guess but bigger than what we've had before (Pop, AsM, and Sports). We are even leaving the sofa bed out and it's been fine. We love the location and the pool!

Just dancing through the rain today! Went to MK again and glad we did. The rain kept the same people away. :) lol The crowds were much lighter and we had little wait for rides/meet and greets. MK had EMH this morning. Here is a list of what did from 8:00-12:00.
1) Buzz (2 times)
2) Space Mtn (for DH)
3) Pirates of the Caribbean
4) Pooh
5) Big Thunder Mtn
6) Met Tinkerbell and Rosetta
7) Met Donald, Goofy, Daisy, and Minnie
8) It's a Small World
9) had a snack at Sunshine Terrace
10) lunch at Cosmic Rays
11) Met Chip and Dale
The rain was anywhere from a sprinkle to a downpour but mostly light. We actually stayed pretty dry with the ponchos and umbrellas. The kids were fine in the stroller rain covers. Glad we have those! Saw lots of wet strollers and kiddos today! We are on the bus to AK now and after dropping off at Polynesian and Grand Floridian we are the only ones on here!

Just dancing through the rain today! Went to MK again and glad we did. The rain kept the same people away. :) lol The crowds were much lighter and we had little wait for rides/meet and greets. MK had EMH this morning. Here is a list of what did from 8:00-12:00.
1) Buzz (2 times)
2) Space Mtn (for DH)
3) Pirates of the Caribbean
4) Pooh
5) Big Thunder Mtn
6) Met Tinkerbell and Rosetta
7) Met Donald, Goofy, Daisy, and Minnie
8) It's a Small World
9) had a snack at Sunshine Terrace
10) lunch at Cosmic Rays
11) Met Chip and Dale
The rain was anywhere from a sprinkle to a downpour but mostly light. We actually stayed pretty dry with the ponchos and umbrellas. The kids were fine in the stroller rain covers. Glad we have those! Saw lots of wet strollers and kiddos today! We are on the bus to AK now and after dropping off at Polynesian and Grand Floridian we are the only ones on here!

Enjoying your "on-the-fly" trip reporting. What are you using? I wish I had the ability to do that. Keep it up.
Don't forget about Wilderness Explorers, although that may be something to start earlier in the day. Sorry it is raining on your trip so much.

sounds like you and your family are having a BLAST! :thumbsup2 Hope you get some sunshine soon!

Enjoying your "on-the-fly" trip reporting. What are you using? I wish I had the ability to do that. Keep it up.
Don't forget about Wilderness Explorers, although that may be something to start earlier in the day. Sorry it is raining on your trip so much.

Thanks. I have the DISboards app for my phone. Makes it very convenient to post when on the bus or monorail. With rain I just keep telling myself that it beats being at home:) Hoping it does clear up tomorrow so we can have some pool time. We are going to take a longer break tomorrow and hopefully the kids can make it for Illuminations! We are going to check out Wilderness Explorers when do AK during the morning.

sounds like you and your family are having a BLAST! :thumbsup2 Hope you get some sunshine soon!

We are loving every minute of it! It's great seeing the kids reactions to things. DS4 rode BTMRR for the first time and he was dancing and bouncing around when it was over. He said, "That was so cool, Momma!"

It's a beautiful day here at WDW. The sun is shining and it's humid. Epcot had early EMH today so we took the monorail over. I liked the way the monorail brought us in. It went around the park so you could see the big golf ball (that's what my kids call it lol!) we rode Soarin' first. I always enjoy that. DH just finished Mission space Orange. The kiddos are enjoying the indoor play area at the exit. Eating breakfast with the princesses in a little while!

My family (me, DH, DD7, and DD4) arrived yesterday afternoon. We were greeted with our first "welcome home" ever! This our first trip since buying DVC last August. In our previous trips we stayed at value resorts and we didn't know what to really expect with BLT. We were blown away! The room is awesome!! We have a lake view studio. I was a little concerned about the size after what I had read on the boards but it is bigger than I expected. All of our stuff fits great and since we drive down I pack pretty heavy! We decided not to do any parks and hit the pool first. I could barely drag my kids away from the pool. They had a blast! The slide and splash pad were a huge hit! We finally got them over to Contempo Cafe. It was delicious and so quiet. We are used to food courts so it was nice to eat in peace. We decided to roll the dice and take the bus to DTD. The kids really wanted to ride the bus and I will have to admit that I didn't want to get back in the van after spending 9 hours in it to get here :) We only waited about ten minutes but there was standing room only by the time we got on. Luckily two very sweet young men have their seats for the kids. Right now, I am enjoying the view of Bay Lake! Let me know if you have any questions. Going to MK today and hope to avoid the rain!

Sounds like you're having a blast. I'll be staying at BLT in a little over a month. Can't wait to go! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter