Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

Lovin the EE pictures!:thumbsup2 The kids look like they are having so much fun diving into the fountain! That is priceless! I too, am a lover of Flamtree, but I've never had the bird barrage that most people do.:confused3 I guess I'm just lucky, or we sit somewhere that isn't enveloped by birds. Your next installment's title had me rolling!:lmao: I really want to eat there when I go, so I'll have to read this next installment very carefully!popcorn::

Great update! Thank you for the reminder about Flame Tree not being air conditioned. I had it in my mind to eat here (NEXT WEEK!) for lunch, but perhaps if it's sorching hot, we'll hit up Pizzafari for the AC.
You could pull a Hanna Montanna and do a whole best of both worlds thing. Namely grab you Flame Tree and schelp it over to a Pizzafari table. They aren't too far apart and I doubt you'd be evicted by the AK Secret Service.

Love the pics of the kids in the fountain, and then all soakin' wet! I remember doing that-just getting drenched and loving it as a kid! So much fun.
They were laughing and squeeling the whole time! It wsa so much fun to watch.

yay an update. see worth it. told ya so......
:dance3::upsidedow
Hey Burly! Thanks! :hug:

Animal Kingdom is always SO HOT! We didn't make it past mid day there either.
I didn't quite get how much hotter it would be until we were actually there. I'd heard it was the hottest park, but it's hard to quantify that mentally.
]

Hi GB! Glad you guys had fun at AK. Loved the pictures of EE! I, too, miss the Tusker House air-conditioned counter service and hope to see more options there soon. Flame Tree is pretty good, food-wise, but the heat, and more for me, the DUCKS, can get rather annoying
I hear you on the ducks. I don't mind em staring at you, but when they keep walking under the table, that's a bit much.

Yeah for taking the mid-day pool break! That's NEVER a bad idea ;)
Amen sister!

Oh, the dreaded backwards ride down the falls on Kali. :sad2: That was my first and last time on it--I should have taken shampoo and a pouf!!
I did not full appreciate the sheer volume of water that would land on my head when going down the hill. INSANE! But it felt WONDERFUL.

Great shots from Flametree; we haven't eaten there so I didn't know it was so pretty back there! I just never want BBQ when it's 100 degrees out.
It was cool to see and I'm glad we ate there, but I won't go back in summertime.

The kids looked like they had a blast in the pool, surely it wasn't being heated in August! :eek:
I think it was just from the heat of the day / less water volume compared to the other pools. (Mind you of course that I have absolutely no idea if this pool actually holds less water, but it sounds good. )

Lovin the EE pictures!:thumbsup2 The kids look like they are having so much fun diving into the fountain! That is priceless!
Thanks! They had a blast!

I too, am a lover of Flamtree, but I've never had the bird barrage that most people do.:confused3 I guess I'm just lucky, or we sit somewhere that isn't enveloped by birds.
Could be location. We were next to the river and there seemed to be more of them than in the other pavilions we passed.

Your "Next up" title made me laugh out loud! I understand...::yes::!

Can't wait to hear about Ohana![/QUOTE

Can't wait to hear about 'Ohana!

Your next installment's title had me rolling!:lmao: I really want to eat there when I go, so I'll have to read this next installment very carefully!popcorn::

Thanks y'all! It was definitely a night to remember. (In a good way...not the Walter Lord way.)

I’m not really sure what to think about this area of the park. When you read up on Walt’s concept of Disneyland, it was created to be a place that was unlike typical amusement parks. He wanted to get away from the whole carnival barker atmosphere. It was a bit weird to walk through and see all of the midway games and such that I’ve come to expect at the county fair and other amusement parks. Don’t get me wrong, Dinoland USA is certainly well themed and I’m sure a fun place to hang out. It just seems to be a bit at odds with what makes the Disney parks so unique to begin with.

I would tend to agree although since Dinosaur is adjacent to it and I love that ride, I'll make the exception for that. We've not spent much time in Dinoland for this very reason I have to say.

I have to say the food was pretty good.

The only drawback was no AC. The covered pavilion and the ceiling fans helped some, but I don’t know that I would come back during the summer months. It was still mighty warm under there. Soon everyone was settled in and munching down. It went something like this. “Hurry up and eat” “Don’t feed the ducks” “Wipe your face” “Don’t put that in your mouth” “You’ve got some on your nose” “Stop playing with your food” “Leave your shoes on”. (Finally I told Tracy to leave me alone eat her chicken.)

I don’t think anyone really finished their entire meal. It’s not that the food was bad, it was just so hot, even in the shade, that you really didn’t feel like eating that much.

That's what every meal at my house sounds like.

I would like to eat there someday but can see, on a hot day, how you might not eat much.

Great pics! My kids loved that fountain, bummer about the pool being so warm, ugh!

Great update as always.

Great pics! My kids loved that fountain, bummer about the pool being so warm, ugh!
Thanks - they had a great time! The pool was a letdown, but the rest of the evening would more than make up for it.

:grouphug: For all the life drama lately. Hope all the Biscuits are on the mend!
Thanks PV! I've been loving your TR. Which reminds me...I need to go check for an update!

L8R :surfweb:

You could pull a Hanna Montanna and do a whole best of both worlds thing. Namely grab you Flame Tree and schelp it over to a Pizzafari table. They aren't too far apart and I doubt you'd be evicted by the AK Secret Service.

Thank you for explaining what the "pull a Hannah Montana" meant - I would have had no clue! :lmao:

But, yes, that could be a very good plan.

Is a blonde wig required? ;)

Great update, Biscuit! I love the food at Flame Tree, but I know what you mean about eating outside in the heat. Is Pizzafari really that close? I've never been there so I can't picture where it is, but I would totally take my bbq and find an air conditioned table if I could - good idea!

Whew, I made it! I just stumbled upon your TR the other day, and found myself reading all the way through it. Very entertaining!! I keep laughing out loud, and then my DH asks what's so funny, and I have to back up and read the post to him. He really should just read it himself, except that I'm not sharing the computer. I'm lovin' it! Cute kids, too, btw.
I love, love, loved Flame Tree when we went last trip, but it was nighttime EMH and we were the only ones there. Well, besides one other family. Maybe two. It was so beautiful to explore all the little pathways and seating areas at night when it was cool and quiet. Not to mention the food was great! I can understand about it being not so loveable in the midday heat with the midday crowds, though. Try it at night, sometime. You'll thank me later. ;)

We were in line & all set to try some Flame Tree, but it started to rain, and no food is worth getting drenched for, then sitting on a wet chair. I can get real BBQ at home if I have to. The chicken looks soooo good, so we'll definitely have to go there next trip.

(BTW, the TR is started!)

Thank you for explaining what the "pull a Hannah Montana" meant - I would have had no clue! :lmao:

But, yes, that could be a very good plan.

Is a blonde wig required? ;)
Not required, but it does help!

Great update, Biscuit! I love the food at Flame Tree, but I know what you mean about eating outside in the heat. Is Pizzafari really that close? I've never been there so I can't picture where it is, but I would totally take my bbq and find an air conditioned table if I could - good idea!
Flame Tree Food Sneakers Unite!

Whew, I made it! I just stumbled upon your TR the other day, and found myself reading all the way through it. Very entertaining!! I keep laughing out loud, and then my DH asks what's so funny, and I have to back up and read the post to him. He really should just read it himself, except that I'm not sharing the computer. I'm lovin' it! Cute kids, too, btw.
I love, love, loved Flame Tree when we went last trip, but it was nighttime EMH and we were the only ones there. Well, besides one other family. Maybe two. It was so beautiful to explore all the little pathways and seating areas at night when it was cool and quiet. Not to mention the food was great! I can understand about it being not so loveable in the midday heat with the midday crowds, though. Try it at night, sometime. You'll thank me later. ;)
:welcome: Glad to have you aboard! Thanks for the kudos! I think I could handle Flame Tree at EMH. I liked the ribs, it was just so stinking hot, I needed AC to enjoy them fully. We def plan on AK evening EMH the next time we are there.

We were in line & all set to try some Flame Tree, but it started to rain, and no food is worth getting drenched for, then sitting on a wet chair. I can get real BBQ at home if I have to. The chicken looks soooo good, so we'll definitely have to go there next trip.

(BTW, the TR is started!)
I hear on the raing. Def not worth a soggy biscuit. Just checked out your TR. Great start! Can't wait to read some more!

Episode 63 'Ohana means eating like a pig

Previously on Biscuit’s Grand Adventure: Ribs were consumed, Biscuit’s were made soggy, and bowling pins were swum in. It is a ton of fun to hash out my memories of this trip and share with everyone what a great time we had.

The entire trip was such a joy and blessing. Yet in every trip, there comes a moment when you know it is time to start letting it go. And so, with a heavy heart, I have an announcement. I have sold my copy of Birnbaum’s guide on Amazon. I know, I know. It was a difficult moment and one approached with solemnity and proper ceremony. Yet as crushing a blow as it may have been, the act was made easier by one fact. The guidebook itself had a bit of a fall from grace. No I didn’t drop it the commode. Sheesh people!

As you recall, that particular text was the foundational planning document for trip number four. Since that time, it has always held a certain fondness in my memory; like lighting bugs on a hot summer night or Star Wars action figures I naively sold at garage sales for a quarter and are now worth hundreds of dollars each. (Not that I’m bitter about that.) As I prepared for this summer’s excursion, I knew it would not be complete without the latest installment of this classic manuscript.

So it was in mid December that I found myself in the checkout line at Barnes and Noble, sacred text in hand, knowing that it would be used to plan this most epic of travels. Over the next several days, I spent many happy hours pouring over it until that fateful night when I was perusing the Epcot section. It was then that I made a most horrible and shocking discovery. Simply recalling it brings a bit of pain and sorrow to my heart, yet for the matter of historical accuracy, it must be included. The book listed Ellen’s Universe of Energy as a “Birnbaum’s Best” but failed to give a similar nod to Spaceship Earth. Shocking I know. It took a moment for it to sink in for me too. I couldn’t believe it. I wanted it to be a mistake, but no. It was right there in black and white. Well actually, it may have been blue, but anyway, you get the idea.

In that moment, I realized that this guide was not as infallible as I might have imagined. In fact as I read through more pages and reviews, I began to see why the unofficial guides are the preferred method of offline research. Would I purchase it again? I don’t know. Maybe. But not without adding in a Passporter. Yet as much as it let me down, after our trip I still kept it on the shelf. Then last week, I decided it was time. I went ahead and listed it on Amazon.

This past Saturday, as I was helping Tracy work on her classroom, my Berry buzzed and I saw that it had sold. (Quicker than I thought actually.) I carefully packaged it up yesterday, gave it a fond farewell and left the post office singing It’s A Small World. (Well, not really, but I did look at the time on my Mickey watch so that counts for something.) And so my little guidebook, enjoy your new life on the East coast. Maybe the family who purchased you will see eye to eye on the whole Ellen thing because I for one SURE aint drinking that Kool-aid.

As long as we’re on the subject of trip planning, perhaps now would be a good time to quit rambling and actually start this episode. When I initially began to compile a list of restaurants for our trip, there was one which remained on the list from the very beginning: ‘Ohana. There’s just something about the thought of skewered flame grilled meat that puts a spring in my step and a song in my heart. I was thrilled when I was able to make the dining reservation and could not wait to give it a try.

Oh, as if there weren’t enough editorial digressions in this TR, allow me to add one more if I may. I have finally figured out how to spell ‘Ohana. Yeah I know, it was only available in about a dozen websites I used in planning this trip, not mention my dearly departed guidebook. I have gone back and fixed all of the spelling variations that have found their way into this report. Okay…I’m good now. Back to the TR.

When I last left off, I had just managed to get the girls out of the Bowling Pin pool and back to the room. After saying our goodbyes to Aunt Janna, it was time for us to get ready for dinner. I mentioned in the Season 7 preview that we scored some leftover party swag and brought it along for the trip. We wound up with leis for all three kids, and matching floral hair clippie thingamadoos for the girls. Tracy found some matching flowered dresses and the ensemble was complete.

ohana.png

We had about an hour and ten minutes to get to the restaurant when we left our room and headed towards the bus stop.

ohana2.png

My initial plan was to take the Magic Kingdom bus and then transfer to the resort monorail. It was a good plan with solid research that indicated it was the most expedient route. When we arrived in front of the Pop, we encountered a MASSIVE line for a still not arrived MK bus, while an Epcot bus was just pulling into a virtually empty queue. Time for Plan B. (The B is for Biscuit doncha know). Figuring that there was more than one way to butter a bun, I called an audible, set the tailback in motion and lead the team onto the Epcot bus.

There were plenty of open seats and it was nice and cool inside. Ahhhhhhhh…nifty stuff there. The ride from the Pop to the ‘Cot is a fairly shot one. (Note to self – don’t refer to Epcot as “the ‘Cot”…no sense in becoming a complete Geek.) Upon Epcot arrival, we disembarked from our vehicle of spontaneous mass transit and hiked across the vast expanse of pavement between the Pop Century bus stop and the Epcot Entrance Plaza.

I thought perhaps there was a Polynesian Resort bus stop, but never did see a sign for one, so instead I held to my original modified plan (which was Plan B by the way in case you forgot…B…for Biscuit) and steered us to the monorail platform. We had to wait a few minutes before a monorail arrived and there seemed to be a decent sized crowd gathering.

oh7.png

When the train pulled in, we jogged left while the bulk of the crowd seemed to jog right. While most cars appeared to be standing room only, we in the back had plenty of seating. Stretching out in comfort, we were soon whisking our way towards the Ticket and Transportation Center. Hailee kept going back and forth between laps and eventually settled into the bench next to me.

I watched out the window and took in all of the sights of the World as we were rolling along. I thought about how lucky we were to be here, together, heading to what promised to be fantastic dinner. When the train arrived at the TTC platform, we made our way down the ramp, and located the resort monorail. (In case you ever have to make a similar transfer, the TTC platform makes a nifty Oreo with the Resort & Epcot lines being the end cookies and the Magic Kingdom Express monorail being the creamy filling. From the bottom of the ramps, Resort left, Express center, Epcot Right. Of course I was in a hurry and didn’t take a photo so I may have that whole setup completely wrong.) ANYWHO….we lucked out on timing again and walked right onto a train. From there it was simply a hop, skip and a jump to the Polynesian.

I wasn’t quite sure where the restaurant was located and had never actually been inside this resort before. I seemed to remember from the TR’s I had perused that the restaurants were on the 2nd floor and thus headed into the lobby like I actually knew what I was doing.

(Editorial digression number 351. In technical support, we have a saying. It’s not nearly as important to know what you are talking about as it is to SOUND like you know what you are talking about. You can always look stuff up on the fly, but if you don’t sound confident, no one is going to want to listen to you once you find the answer. This trip, whenever I hadn’t a clue, I faked it and in nearly all cases it worked out with no issues. Of course having All Ears and DisBoards bookmarked on my Blackberry didn’t hurt either. In the end, we always got where we were going and everyone thought I was a WDW guru.)

So there I was. A hungry Texan in search of skewered meat and open flames. As I mentioned before, I had planned out how to get to the resort, but never really got past that point. Luckily it was ridiculously easy, even for a guy who still buys Birnbaums. The monorail platform brings you into the resort lobby on the 2nd level. If you go left, you’ll see Kona first, then ‘Ohana in the back left corner. Couldn’t be easier.

I got us all nice and checked in with mister podium checker in-er dude, and humbly took charge of one of the most coveted items on the DIS…an ‘Ohana dinner pager. Tears have been shed over acquiring this sacred medallion. Dialing wars and bandwidth races have settled the fate of many a park guest who battled for a chance to stand where we now stood. For them I held the pager aloft in a scene reminiscent from the Lion King that all might see the wonder that such a prize bestows. Of course everyone up there already had one so they pretty much stared and pondered why the fat guy was holding up a pager, and what kind of redneck would be so infatuated with said device.

We were still a good 20 minutes early and sat down in one of the many seating areas there in the lobby. I was dying to check the place out so I actually went through multiple stages of sitting, standing, wandering and exploring. (My teachers in school LOVED me.)

100_1200.JPG

Live Updating

DSC01163-2.JPG
Rubbing Sunglasses on toes…why? We don’t know.

Though Janna had departed, we were still a party of 7 so we had to wait on a larger table to open up. In this case, it took about 25 minutes. Which given the fact that we arrived a bit too early isn’t really all that bad.

ohbig.png

With our passport to paradise blinking and buzzing, I led our crew back up to the podium where we were greeted by our server. I know I’ve been remiss in posting kudos to cast members here. I do still have the receipts, but they are not currently accessible from my locale. I’ll see about looking up all our servers and posting a massive thank you at the end of the TR.

After we got the whole spiel about the place, we were seated at an “eight top” next to the open flame cooking pit. I think my heart actually skipped a few beats at that point. We got ourselves settled in and offered up our drink orders. Hailee and I went with iced tea ‘cause that’s the way we roll. I can’t remember what everyone else got, but I am FAIRLY certain based on ordering habits that Tracy went with a Diet Coke, Nana had a water with lemon, Papa had tea, and Tahli had Coke. Preston probably had either Diet Coke, water or tea with Sweet’N’Low as he usually goes the sugar free route. I’m not really sure why I felt compelled to divulge an entire paragraph on what we may or may not have had to drink, but there you go.

No sooner had our server departed, then she returned with some hot bread. Mmmmmm……bread.

Our drinks arrived a few minutes later courtesy of our trainee for the evening who was helping our server out and learning the ‘Ohana ropes. (Again, I don’t remember his name and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t on our receipt, but he delivered the drinks like a seasoned champ…and by champ I mean champion, and not the British potato dish. Although I’ve never actually witnessed a bowl of potatoes delivering a tray of drinks so they may employ a similar technique.)

While we were munching on bread and going over the day, the MC/singer dude began making his rounds through the restaurant. When he walked past our table, he stopped a moment, pointed at my mom and told Tracy (who was facing him) “Turn around, she’s taking a picture”

oh98.png

Next to arrive at the table was the gigantor Bowl O’ Salad. Now when it comes to salads, I’m normally a home-made ranch dressing ONLY kind of a guy. But I gotta tell you, whatever they put in that honey-lime dressing (I’m gonna stretch and guess honey and lime,) was fantastic!

oh32.png

About the time our salad hit the table, the coconut race was announced. WOOHOOO. The kids all ran up and grabbed their brooms and coconuts and prepared for the grand prix. For those who haven’t been to ‘Ohana, the premise is fairly simple. The kids get a coconut and whack it with a miniature broom around the aisle of the restaurant.

At least it sounds simple. Hailee (who gets easily flustered when she is not an instant champion at any new task) was not feeling the love and after a few unsuccessful attempts, turned the broom upside down and used the handle to score some fairly violent whacks on the poor defenseless coconut. Her croquet style technique worked though and she managed to complete the course, but returned to the table madder than a wet hen that Tahli had finished ahead of her. You know come to think of it, I don’t believe I’ve ever encountered a wet hen, so I really don’t have a first hand knowledge as to the level of irritability that a poultry thus scorned might posses. It would explain why they don’t sell chicken shampoo at the pet store though.

Anyway, after the coconut race we finished up our salad and calmed Hailee down a bit. After a while, our server in training brought out the appetizer platter. According to the official menu, it contains. Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings, Pork Dumplings with Sweet and Sour Sauce, Lo mein Noodles, tossed in a Teriyaki sauce with fresh vegetables, & Stir-fried Vegetables. I didn’t snap a photo until after we had loaded up our plates. The fact that there was this much food left on the serving platter will give you an idea of just how high this thing was piled when they brought it out.

I tried a little bit of everything, but in limited quantity. After all, there’s skewered meat to be considered here. It was all very good, but I think I liked the dumplings the best. They also brought out the dipping sauces for meat: Peanut, Spicy Mustard, and Sweet n Sour.

I took this as a good sign that the meat would be arriving soon. Yet it was not to be. One thing about ‘Ohana I did not realize going in is that it served in five courses with a good 15-20 min pause in between each one. (Bread, Salad, Appetizers, Meat, Dessert.) I don’t if it is actually SUPPOSED to be that way, but that’s how it was for us. After picking at the apps for a bit, it was time for the kids to head up and do the Limbo. This was a much bigger hit with the girls than the Coconut race had been. I snapped a few photos of the girls and while I was up, took a few longing shots of the meat pit.

oh.png

SOON my friends….VERY SOON!

The limbo lasted a good 8-10 min and the girls were all smiles throughout. Score! They joined back up with me and were all laughs and smiles this time. WHEW…drama averted. For now.

When we got back to our table, what should I find on my plate but…….MEAT! I thought it would never get here! But OH MY LANTIS was it ever worth the wait!

Before our trip, I perused the online menu and saw the types of meat offered were Mesquite Grilled Turkey, Asian BBQ Pork Loin, Marinated Sirloin Steak,Spicy Grilled Peel n Eat Shrimp. I figured going in that I would focus all my efforts on the steak with a dalliance into the shrimp. When I returned from limbo photo duties, there was pork and turkey on the plate. I was bit bummed until I took a bite. HOLY COW! It turned out that those were my two favorite meats of the night! Oh and my favorite dipping sauce? The Peanut Sauce. With which I proudly sullied my Dallas Cowboys T-Shirt. Sorry fellows, hate to be a slob when I’m representing, but this is some Dangoodeatin!

When our server did come by with the shrimp, he asked Nana how many she wanted. To which she replied “How many do you have?” I don’t think he was quite expecting that. Then he realized she was serious. I threw down my fair share of shellfish as well. (9 I think.) I lost count on the other meats. All I know is that when the dust finally settled, I declared that there was no possible way I could eat another bite.

Then IT arrived. Oh you know what IT I’m talking about. Hot, gooey, sweet fluffy goodness that you just want to wrap around your tongue like a winter coat and never take off. I’m referring of course to the infamous ‘Ohana bread pudding.

DSC01194.JPG

I must confess here that before this night, I had never even tried bread pudding. I’d had bread, and I’d had pudding and the two just seemed incompatible in the same dish. But friend I gotta say, when I pulled out a fork “just to try it”, and put that first bite in my mouth, I swear I saw Wishes playing in a hologram above the table. Unfortunately, Tracy had to take one of the girls to the facility and by the time she returned, the hot pudding had melted the ice cream completely so she did not get the full effect, but she still declared it to be mighty fine. My “Just Try It” bite turned into about 10 and I wondered if I would be able to even stand up when the meal was done.

We all gave ‘Ohana a big thumbs up and it has been added to the list of must do’s for our eventual return. About that time the check arrived and after settling up, it was time to bid our new happy place a fond farewell. I didn’t know how I was going to recover from this meal, but figured if anything could cure an overfull belly, it would be Magic Kingdom EMH.

Coming up on Episode 64 – Hailee Discovers Donald's Butt

Last edited:
Ok. We were going to cancel our 'Ohana meal because we bought MNSSHP tickets, but now we are going!

Were there any small kids (like 2 year olds) participating in the games? IF so was an adult with them? I guess what I'm getting at is, are adults allowed to help the kids with the games?

I have wanted to try Ohana, but we haven't quite made it there yet. However, after a report like that how could we miss it!?!? It is going on the top of my 'To Eat' list for next time!

Glad everyone enjoyed the meal! :thumbsup2

Holy Pajamas, GB...that report made me so hungry and the description of the Bread Pudding...oh I want some. :thumbsup2

I am so willing to break my Atkins diet for that one!! I guess it's a good thing (for my dieting, anyway) that we don't have a reservation for dinner at 'Ohana on this trip then, only the Lilo & Stitch breakfast. Dinner at 'Ohana's is definitely on my MUST EAT list now, thanks!! :goodvibes

Great update as always!

Yum! We have not gotten to try 'Ohana, yet. I don't know if we'll get to it this next trip, either. One of these days, though, we will. I can feel it. I do love the Polynesian resort. It was resort we stayed at on our first trip to Disney World. I think I was 7. I still remember the Peter Pan Club, there. That was the highlight of the trip, for me, at the time. Getting to be in Never Land for a night without parents: awesome times. Great chapter! Looking forward to EMH in MK!

Ok. We were going to cancel our 'Ohana meal because we bought MNSSHP tickets, but now we are going!

Were there any small kids (like 2 year olds) participating in the games? IF so was an adult with them? I guess what I'm getting at is, are adults allowed to help the kids with the games?
They do indeed. In fact they had as many parents running around as they had kids.

I have wanted to try Ohana, but we haven't quite made it there yet. However, after a report like that how could we miss it!?!? It is going on the top of my 'To Eat' list for next time!

Glad everyone enjoyed the meal! :thumbsup2
I loved it for sure. Of course remember, all meals are subjective. I also liked Mama Melrose which many in these parts can't stand.

Holy Pajamas, GB...that report made me so hungry and the description of the Bread Pudding...oh I want some. :thumbsup2

I am so willing to break my Atkins diet for that one!! I guess it's a good thing (for my dieting, anyway) that we don't have a reservation for dinner at 'Ohana on this trip then, only the Lilo & Stitch breakfast. Dinner at 'Ohana's is definitely on my MUST EAT list now, thanks!! :goodvibes

Great update as always!
When it comes to diets, that stuff is definitely a deal buster. SOOOOOOOOO very good.

Yum! We have not gotten to try 'Ohana, yet. I don't know if we'll get to it this next trip, either. One of these days, though, we will. I can feel it. I do love the Polynesian resort. It was resort we stayed at on our first trip to Disney World. I think I was 7. I still remember the Peter Pan Club, there. That was the highlight of the trip, for me, at the time. Getting to be in Never Land for a night without parents: awesome times. Great chapter! Looking forward to EMH in MK!
It was definitely a cool looking place. It just had a nice vibe to it. Hopefully we'll stay there one day...some time far, far away.

That was a great update,very descriptive, and the kids looked adorable!

Sorry I'm late responding and short, but work has been a killer lately.

Looking forward to the next installment

How was the meat at Ohana? I hear it can often be dry, especially the turkey. All that foods sounds right up my alley...I wonder why I've never made it over there?

I think the last Birnbaum's I bought was 2005. I bought the Unofficial Guide that year as well. I discovered WDW websites at that time and moved from buying books to going mainly online. If I'm at a Barnes and Noble's anytime near a WDW trip, I make sure to sit and browse through all the latest editions.....Ellen's Energy Adventure, A Birnbaum's Best? Really? I actually like the ride because it still has some of the original concepts from the original show. For me it's nostalgic.....

Oh my gosh, the girls looked adorable!!!:goodvibes

We arrive on the 21st, so I don't have too many more chances to get an Ohana reservation, but I'm going to keep on trying!!!

Looking forward to more!!

Boy Howdy! Now that's what I call a perfect day- eating like a pig AND acting like a kid at 'Ohana heaven!! Then walking it all off at MK EMH!! YAHOO!

I had to laugh a little at the coconut drama. I have a little girl just like that- competitive to the max! Hmmm... I wonder where she gets that?! :confused3

Totally agree with your presented premise of "sounding like you know it all". Could it possibly be that the TC3 have absolutely no clue about the military, but actually come across as though they do? :rolleyes1 I wonder...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter