Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

I don't know. I think he's just looking like getting ready to do some celebratory poofing over his lens cleaner. :confused3 Such excitement can do such things.
That may have been the case as well! (It was post-cabbage you know.)

Now I know what a Kookie pen is... I like them! In fact, I may have to get one myself. Do they sell them w/0 the lanyard??
They are nifty. They sell them individually and the lanyard is optional.

The Plan

In reviewing The Plan 3.0, it does bear a strong resemblance to our actual trip.

EMH. We did evening EMH several times. I had hoped ahead of time to be able to do an hour or so on a couple of EMH evenings, but had not planned on staying as late we did as often as we did. Because of this, we had a later start to each morning than what I thought we would. With the later start, we wound up not coming back to the resort at mid-day for a swim break & nap. Since we loved evening EMH so much, I won't bother scheduling in a mid day break next time.

Park Hoppers. The combination of dining reservations, park hours and show times for Spectro and Fantasmic necessitated park hopping. We pretty well stuck with the park schedule as I planned them out. We did a lot of park hopping and it had its pros and cons. I think I'll still get the hoppers next time, but try to dedicate at least one full day to each park.

Open Day. I loved having an open day where we did not have a specific plan to follow. If we do a long trip again, which is what we are hoping for, we will definitely schedule at least one open day, and probably two or three.

Counter Service Dining . We pretty well stuck with the plan when it came to the counter service options. About the only counter service option I wanted to try but didn't was Toy Story Pizza Planet.

Table Service Dining. My main concern was with planning out the necessary travel time for each meal. It seemed that 45 minutes was a good rule of thumb in most cases. The dining was a two edged sword in a way. We loved getting a break from the parks, but it was sometimes hard to plan around. I'd still do the dining plan though for as long as it remains financially beneficial. (AKA until the girls are full price.)

Attractions. I had reservations going in when it came to Mickey's Philharmagic, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and the Great Movie ride. I need not have worried as the girls loved them all.

Summary. All in all, the plan worked very well for us. Next time around I will do a little more planning for our actual park days themselves. I wanted this trip to be completely driven by the girls and have a relaxed and laid back feel to it. I still want to have that same feel next time, but will have a bit more of a structure going in. I don't know that I'll plan out every ride down to the minute, not that there's anything wrong with that, but I will try to have a list of attractions to hit each day along with an order.

The Park Pack

First matter of note, it was heavy. Most of the weight was the ponchos and mister fans. It was great having the strollers on three of the days as they served as hanging rack for the backpack. I also have to say that it was great leaving it behind on my solo morning.

As to the contents, we wound up using pretty much every item there at least once, so I felt pretty good about schlepping it along. A couple of things we did not use were the extra plastic bags, the pens, the Kleenex, and the first aid kit. I also wound up skipping the extra walkie talkie phones.

When it came to the cameras, on most days, I had the video camera in the backpack, the SLR camera around my neck, and the point and shoot in my shorts pocket. Everything else stayed in the room most of the week.

If I had it to do over again, I'd probably still haul the backpack along each day as we really did use the stuff fairly often. One thing of note however, I would skip the mini-misters the girls brought. They just didn't really do much when it was semi-solar outside. I would probably also pay more attention to the weather and ditch the ponchos when there was not any rain in the forecast. (Of course in June, it seems there's always SOME chance of rain.)

Bonus Feature 5 -The Sequel: What the future holds.

Last edited:

Plan1.png

plan2.png
Oooo, it's so pretty! :lovestruc

If we do a long trip again, which is what we are hoping for, we will definitely schedule at least one open day, and probably two or three.
:thumbsup2 I'm planning our summer trip now; I'm only barely resisting leaving the whole darn week "open." :rotfl:

(Of course in June, it seems there’s always SOME chance of rain.)
Ye-ep. Welcome to my world. I literally pack a small umbrella everywhere I got from May - Oct. :sad2:

I just realized that we arrived the day after you left.

Good job sticking pretty closely to your plan, but still not being tied to your plan. :thumbsup2

I love seeing you go back and rate your use of the things you thought you would use and how you fared on the planning. It's always interesting to see what you truly end up doing, using or not doing and using.
The first time we went, by the third day I had taken out of my backpack about a half of what I thought I needed to have with me. :laughing:
It sure made for a much lighter backpack, and that sucker went adios once I realized I could fit all of what I really needed and then some into something much smaller. I love using my baggallini messenger now. I used a full sized college back pack the first time around, which is great when you have small kids who need a lot, but not when you have an 8 yr. old and a teenager, of which I made carry their own bags the whole time. I'm doing the same this time. :confused3 Why in the world I thought I needed such a big bag I'll never know. :laughing:
Needless to say I became very worn out using such a big pack while in WDW. On the plane is one thing I can carry everything needed, but in the parks it will be for ever more, the smaller bagg.

I've been thinking about the park pack question myself. Do I really need all the things I bring? I think I could do away with the first aid kit - in five trips we've never used it, and we could always stop into the first aid center if the need arises.

Great summary!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am worried how we will adjust to trying to do a mid day break this trip as we loved evening EMH as well but with the heat, I don' think we will have a choice. It will be interesting to see.

Interesting about the misters too, the E's really want them for the trip and I sure don't want to carry them!

Nice to see how close you actually stuck to your plan. I'm completely revamping mine!

Ok, how can I get a copy of your planning document (I'm assuming it's Excel?):confused3 I love how you have it set up... it makes much more sense than mine. Can you hook me up?

Also, where can we go to find the actual EMH? On wdwinfo.com, they have it labeled as am or pm EMH, but I want specifics like you had. Can you hook me up again?

Lovin' the recaps!!

Yes I am...you can thank me later. ;)
:lmao:

Actually, considering the time you were there, you did really well keeping the number of souvies under control.
Well, there were a few more I forgot. A set of cups for the girls, charm necklaces for the girls and a shirt for Tracy.

:thumbsup2 I'm planning our summer trip now; I'm only barely resisting leaving the whole darn week "open." :rotfl:
You realize that by posting this you have officially began a PTR and are thus duty bound to do a TR upon return?

Ye-ep. Welcome to my world. I literally pack a small umbrella everywhere I got from May - Oct. :sad2:
I remember my Aunt Judy talking about that when she lived in Lakeland.

I just realized that we arrived the day after you left.
Awesome! Too bad we couldn’t have met up!

Good job sticking pretty closely to your plan, but still not being tied to your plan. :thumbsup2
Thanks!

I love seeing you go back and rate your use of the things you thought you would use and how you fared on the planning. It's always interesting to see what you truly end up doing, using or not doing and using.
The first time we went, by the third day I had taken out of my backpack about a half of what I thought I needed to have with me. :laughing:
It sure made for a much lighter backpack, and that sucker went adios once I realized I could fit all of what I really needed and then some into something much smaller. I love using my baggallini messenger now. I used a full sized college back pack the first time around, which is great when you have small kids who need a lot, but not when you have an 8 yr. old and a teenager, of which I made carry their own bags the whole time. I'm doing the same this time. :confused3 Why in the world I thought I needed such a big bag I'll never know. :laughing:
Needless to say I became very worn out using such a big pack while in WDW. On the plane is one thing I can carry everything needed, but in the parks it will be for ever more, the smaller bagg.
I have heard much talk of the Baggallini. About the only man approved downgrade option is the fanny pack and I just refuse to go there.

You are very thorough in your TR reviews.

I love it!
Thanks Jordan!

Question is...from where did you doo your update?
Laptop with a wireless connection. I’ll leave you to draw your own conclusions.

I've been thinking about the park pack question myself. Do I really need all the things I bring? I think I could do away with the first aid kit - in five trips we've never used it, and we could always stop into the first aid center if the need arises.
That will definitely be out next time. I think the things we used the most were the mister fans, cameras, Tylenol and wipes.

Great summary!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am worried how we will adjust to trying to do a mid day break this trip as we loved evening EMH as well but with the heat, I don' think we will have a choice. It will be interesting to see.

Interesting about the misters too, the E's really want them for the trip and I sure don't want to carry them!

Nice to see how close you actually stuck to your plan. I'm completely revamping mine!
Our bigger misters were nice, but the little ones did not move enough air to do anything other than make you mad.

Ok, how can I get a copy of your planning document (I'm assuming it's Excel?):confused3 I love how you have it set up... it makes much more sense than mine. Can you hook me up?

Also, where can we go to find the actual EMH? On wdwinfo.com, they have it labeled as am or pm EMH, but I want specifics like you had. Can you hook me up again?

Lovin' the recaps!!
PM me your email add and I will send it to you. I got the EMH hours from Disneyworld.com just prior to our trip. Once there though, we discovered the regular park hours were extended on four of the nights we were there, sometimes by a full 3 hours.

I had planned to do a whole post at the end of mine on how well we "stuck to the plan". I think it's good to go back an analyze a little what worked, and what didn't. :thumbsup2 I hope on some days I can just shove my KTTW card in my pocket, carry my camera, and be on my merry way.

I like the idea of posting what you're taking in your park bag, etc..and good to know what you needed and didn't need! I've really enjoyed your TR..can't wait for the next one!

I think you're even more organized than I am.

I do put together a list of attractions I want to hit each day. I like to set goals. I don't put down where and when, common sense takes over at that point. Having FPs usually helps.

How are the bowels?
Last night my primary symptoms became muscle pain and fever. I thought I was improving digestively until I tried to eat solid food for lunch. Yeah...that was a bad idea. So putting all the symptoms together, I'm thinking it's the flu. Especially since my egg alergy prevents me from being able to get a flu shot and my asthma prevents me from being able to get the mist.

I had planned to do a whole post at the end of mine on how well we "stuck to the plan". I think it's good to go back an analyze a little what worked, and what didn't. :thumbsup2 I hope on some days I can just shove my KTTW card in my pocket, carry my camera, and be on my merry way.
There is much to be said for being on one's merry way.

I like the idea of posting what you're taking in your park bag, etc..and good to know what you needed and didn't need! I've really enjoyed your TR..can't wait for the next one!
You are so close! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

:lmao:

That's a smilie I'd like to see -- this :surfweb: just doesn't quite capture it.
Yeah, there's a few emoticons I would like to add. :rolleyes1 :littleangel:

Oh, well now you've gone over the top.
I know. It was crazy. CRAZY I tell you!

I think you're even more organized than I am.

I do put together a list of attractions I want to hit each day. I like to set goals. I don't put down where and when, common sense takes over at that point. Having FPs usually helps.
Attraction lists will definitely come into play next time. I hear many extoll the joys of ridemax. I'm not sure that I'll get quite THAT organized.

I've never gone back to look and see if we kept up with our plan cause I never let my family go off it.:lmao: The poor things. I may need to seek some help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter