Biometric Scan Usage

You do sound like a good Oma, and I mean that in a nice way. pooh:

Thanks <3 I won't ask you about having clean underwear! :rotfl2:

I've taken the complimentary shuttle Disney has to an urgent care site from the parks, and also had to be taken by ambulance from Disney property to the ER. That's why I think everyone should have ID, health cards, etc, on them at all times.

I've you are worried about getting Covid-19 from the scan, stay out of Florida cause it's everywhere here.

Also about having ID, I worked Fire and EMS for years and picked up joggers, walkers and everything else and those without ID a were just John or Mary Joe's. Let the hospital or morgue figure out who they were.

WDW could keep the scanners. Before putting a finger to it, guests could wipe the fingers with provided single use germ wipes. However, I also read somewhere that they were doing away with the scanners after re-opening.

I understand not using them for now, but in the long run I find it strange that they would get rid of them completely, at least without some alternative, since WDW has been battling the used ticket black market for so long.

Perhaps with non-expiring tickets a thing of the past, they will simply focus on a different method for APs.

I understand not using them for now, but in the long run I find it strange that they would get rid of them completely, at least without some alternative, since WDW has been battling the used ticket black market for so long.

Perhaps with non-expiring tickets a thing of the past, they will simply focus on a different method for APs.

They use photos at Disneyland, for both APs and regular tickets. It’s quick and easy.

I agree that they have to have some type of verification to prevent the unauthorized transfer of tickets/passes.

On very crowded days before the closure, there were often times when they disabled the biometric scan, to streamline park entry. The key was that it was inconsistent. If a potential ticket scammer didn’t know WHEN the scans would not be used, he or she couldn’t take advantage.

At WDW, in my experience, they only take a photo of an AP holder if you have an issue with the fingerprint scan. My wife never had a photo taken, but I always have issues with the biometrics. The CMs are always helpful trying to get me to "do it right" but its some issue with my finger or something. I could not get biometrics to work at all one day, a CM supervisor took my picture, and now my picture pops up on the handheld when I scan my AP band.

At WDW, in my experience, they only take a photo of an AP holder if you have an issue with the fingerprint scan. My wife never had a photo taken, but I always have issues with the biometrics. The CMs are always helpful trying to get me to "do it right" but its some issue with my finger or something. I could not get biometrics to work at all one day, a CM supervisor took my picture, and now my picture pops up on the handheld when I scan my AP band.
I don't have an AP and they have to scan my band on their pad and take my picture. I find it annoying when I tell them the scan does not work on me and they insist I try 3 times.

I don't have an AP and they have to scan my band on their pad and take my picture. I find it annoying when I tell them the scan does not work on me and they insist I try 3 times.
I wish I could get a flag on my account that says "guest's finger is weird" so they do not treat me like I am stupid.

I wish I could get a flag on my account that says "guest's finger is weird" so they do not treat me like I am stupid.

The running joke in our family is my mother cannot do those scans to save her life. The rest of us, including my young son, breeze through the scanner, but she always has to have the ipad. We finally realized that she uses a lot of lotion, whether on her hands or applying to her face. We have her wash her hands really well now before leaving in the morning and she is not allowed to touch lotion until after we get into the park. She now only has issues about 25% of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter