Biometric Scan Usage

I always like to check the source, and WDW states that a valid ID is required for entry and re-entry, just because they don't ask for one doesn't mean they can't stop you and ask for it and you will be denied entry
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/Anyone under 18 is not required to have an ID
Moving forward, without biometrics I would make sure to bring my ID just to avoid the hassle of having to go back to the resort or your home to get it

If you get any kind of discount, AP/DVC or ever buy a drink, you would always need an ID on you.
And if you don't, then you don't need it. As an experienced world traveler, I'm aware of what's needed & not needed at different destinations. I don't need to carry around my wallet & ID at the Magic Kingdom when I have a Magic Band and am staying at the Polynesian. I never drink. I don't drive to the park. I just don't need it.

I am wondering if they will institute a picture to go with the ticket - although probably hard to manage/screen when you have hundreds of people flooding in. I recall having an issue with my ticket/scanning in so they just took my picture with an ipad which would show up anytime I scanned at the entrance.

They want to prevent people from sharing tickets so they will implement some sort of monitoring. I honestly don't feel that the finger scan is the end of the world - just touch and sanitize. You pretty much come in contact with the same when grabbing a door handle to enter a building or touching the key pad at an ATM. Just sanitize and you will be safe.

For some reason, I thought I read finger scanner was not going to be used right now. Since along with your pass you have to have a reservation for a certain park and a certain day, I would think those proofs plus your ID, temperature check and possibly some questions answered by you which is required to enter a lot of places in Florida right now will get you in. I could be wrong, but figure we have to go through the ropes on everything now.

I read that you can go to GS and ask that the biometric requirement be removed, at least for APs. You have to show ID though. We have to activate our vouchers anyway, so I plan to ask there. I am so glad I won't have to do it at UO, because mine doesn't work most of the time. I have gotten used to trying it a couple of times and then showing my ID, which is in my hot little hand.

I am wondering if they will institute a picture to go with the ticket - although probably hard to manage/screen when you have hundreds of people flooding in. I recall having an issue with my ticket/scanning in so they just took my picture with an ipad which would show up anytime I scanned at the entrance.

They want to prevent people from sharing tickets so they will implement some sort of monitoring. I honestly don't feel that the finger scan is the end of the world - just touch and sanitize. You pretty much come in contact with the same when grabbing a door handle to enter a building or touching the key pad at an ATM. Just sanitize and you will be safe.

this is what Disneyland in CA does. The first time you use your ticket--whether it is an AP or a day pass or a multi-day, the gate attendant uses their device (like a smartphone) and takes a pic. After that every time you scan your pass it pops on their screen and they look at make sure you match the pic. It's never printed just attached to the bar code you scan and it pops up on their screen. I have never seen my pic but I must look enough like it to get in!

And if you don't, then you don't need it. As an experienced world traveler, I'm aware of what's needed & not needed at different destinations. I don't need to carry around my wallet & ID at the Magic Kingdom when I have a Magic Band and am staying at the Polynesian. I never drink. I don't drive to the park. I just don't need it.

Do you have info on your phone that is accessible in case you are incapacitated, detained, etc?

Meh. Living & playing completely within the Disney bubble, I don't find it necessary.

I need my ID often at Disney World because I am asked for it when using my AP discount. But no matter where I go, I have my ID on me, because it is my insurance card (military). God forbid something happens (accident, illness), I don't want to/may not be able to go back to my resort to get it.

My ID is on my phone

A photo of it?

Disneyland takes photos of every guest the first time they use a ticket. The next time you scan your ticket your photo comes up for the CM to verify you are the ticket holder.

I have 5 cards that I carry no matter where I am
My photo ID which is my driver's license
My ICE card (a In Case of Emergency card that has a USB that pops out with medical information on it that can be inserted in any computer that has a USB drive)
My AAA membership card
My Health insurance card
My ATM/Debit Card/Credit Card (sometimes I carry 2 different ones in order to prevent one from being unable to be used due to purchasing $25 of gas and having the place put a $100 hold on my card just for using it at a pump)

Every other card it depends on where I am going as to what I am going to need.

I am fine using a finger scanner or not I just plan on washing my hands or using some sort of wipes or sanitizer after touching a scanner that many others have touched as well if there is not a restroom nearby or one of those nice stands with soap and water to wash your hands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter