• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bikes?

mamastephanie

Earning My Ears
When we went in 2000 we were in the Cabins and used a golf cart to get around. That was wonderfull! This trip we will be staying in our 5th wheel in a preferred loop. We are planning to use our bikes to go to the Marina to catch the boat to MK. Will we need to bring a chain and lock for the bikes? I was wondering if it was wise to lock up our bikes.

13 days to WDW!

MamaSteph

We were at FW in July, and used our bikes every day. We didn't ever lock them up, and had no problems. There are plenty of bike racks around that area.

Have a great trip!

We go to FW once a month and bring our bikes with us. We ride to the Outpost, Meadows, Settlement, WL and outside of the FW area and ALWAYS lock up the bikes. There is a saying..."Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me" My feeling is I WILL NOT give anybody that first chance.

Enjoy your vacation.

i would recommend the lock and chain, Fort Wilderness is not immune to crime. leaving the bike unlocked could be just to tempting to some

We stayed at FW for a week in October and never locked our bikes anywhere. Maybe if we had more expensive bikes we would have been more concerned but we didn't bother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter