Biggest ADR Letdown?

O'Hana dinner.

We sat at our table for something like 45 minutes before being served and when they came around with the food they just threw it on the food with no explanation. The server dropped shrimp on the table and then proceeded to still put it on our plate. It was so bad that my friend got up and went and asked for the manager. He is not one to normally do that as he works as a waiter but he couldn't take it that 1 hours into a meal we had gotten noddles and shrimp at that point. The manager was actually amazing and was appalled that our server was passing us off to other people which made them angry because he was "too busy" with a wedding party. We did get more food (fresh because they didn't have anything left cooked since it was the last seating and about 11 at that point) and she bought us each an adult beverage but it was the only truly bad dinner service at Disney.

Our BOG dinner was great but it was back when you had to be celebrating something to get the grey stuff. They asked what we were celebrating and I said hanukkah she rolled her eyes and said sure. We got our grey stuff so I didn't care but I realized later it was because I had ordered pork chops. I guess she didn't realize not all of us keep kosher.

For me, the biggest overall let down would have to be Coral Reef. Bland food, jaded server, and dark, dirty restaurant (novelty of the tank wore off in about 30 seconds). Way too many better choices in Epcot.

BOG dinner was another one with disappointing food. But, at least there, the atmosphere was fun and memorable. Same could be said for CRT.

As far as signatures, I've yet to have a great overall meal at Yachtsman. I always end up enjoying one course, with the others being a let down.

For the amount of "work" you have to do for a BOG ADR... yikes. Terrible. Even gave it a 2nd and 3rd chance... still awful. That being said, we also had a terrible breakfast at Ohana at 8:30am. Cold food, really guys? Cold waffles, cold eggs, cold bacon, cold sausage. AT 8:30 IN THE MORNING. It's not like we were there at the tail end of breakfast. That was such a bummer because I've loved that meal in the past.

And Akershus... finally scored an ADR here for breakfast after a couple of years of trying for breakfast with no luck. The food was just plain BAD. Tasted awful! And the cold buffet was the most unappetizing thing I have ever laid my eyes on. Dirty, picked over, empty yogurt containers... again this is during prime breakfast hours. No excuse for that.

Whispering Canyon Cafe was a letdown for us. We got put in this area off from the main dining area with one other table, our waitstaff wasn't very attentive and the food was Meh . . . I was hoping for at least an antic or two to occur, but it was like we were forgotten in the area that they put us. Like we were an afterthought. I could have overlooked that a little if the food had been good, but it was just ok.

Ours was BOG from a few years ago. It was just ok. Food was nothing special, and although the atmosphere was great and we liked meeting Beast, I'm not sure it was worth all the work it took to get the ADR. We're trying it again this year for lunch and breakfast, so I guess we'll see how that goes. Also trying 'Ohana for dinner for the first time this year, and I am hoping we have better luck than you guys! Breakfast has always been fine so I'm taking a chance...

Our first time eating at Ohana' for dinner 5 years ago was so disappointing. We waited forever to be seated then the waiter was really slow, took forever for him to come around with the skewered meats and the food served on the table was cold. My husband convinced me to try it again a year later and it was a totally different experience. The chef came to our table for allergies and was super nice, the waiter was much better and the food was steaming hot and really delicious. After that, we've gone back several times and had great meals.

My biggest letdown was Brown Derby: overpriced dishes, super salty food, overcooked meat and not that good all around which was too bad because I love the atmosphere there.

via napoli. food took forever to come, and when it did, the server brought out some of our party's food before others. oy vey. and it was DEFINITELY not as good as other food i have had on disney property

Mama Melrose... food was OK, but the service and the atmosphere weren't good at all. It's the only ADR we had were both DH and I said "Never again!"
I totally agree. We ate here as part of the Fantasmic dining package. Next time, I will just try and get a FP for it.

Sci-Fi for me.. lol

I think we eat fairly bland food in our everyday life, so, the burgers seemed way over-seasoned.

I've enjoyed BOG on repeated occasions, though, I much prefer it for breakfast and lunch rather than dinner. Loved Garden Grill, but, I'm a bit sentimental about the place. My parents let me go to Epcot with a friend and her family and they brought me there. My parents were always the sort who brought PB&J, we never got so much as a popcorn in the parks. We always left before the fireworks to 'beat traffic'. So, this particular visit was the only time in my childhood that I ate in the parks and saw the fireworks.

The only other huge disappointment for me is those room order pizza's at the values. There are several brands of frozen pizza I prefer to Disney's value resort pizza.. lol

Sci-Fi...never again for us. Just not good food. Y'all are right about Chef Mickey's food, it's mediocre at best. The only reason I continue to return is because of the kids. They love the characters.

Tried 'Ohana for the first time this August. One of the top two meals of our trip! Can't wait to go back. LOVED IT!

But maybe if everybody thinks it's going to be bad, the ADRs will be easier to get!
I hated Ohana and would never waste my precious Disney time there again or the money. Maybe my food standards are too high.

I think whoever deals with the food at Disney restaurants should take a look at this thread. It seems to be the same restaurants repeatedly. Visitors to the parks pay way too much and spend a lot of time to get the ADR's, only to be letdown by food that is marginal. :rolleyes:

I think whoever deals with the food at Disney restaurants should take a look at this thread. It seems to be the same restaurants repeatedly. Visitors to the parks pay way too much and spend a lot of time to get the ADR's, only to be letdown by food that is marginal. :rolleyes:

The problem is, most of the ones listed are the busiest, most hard to get reservations at Disney. Regardless of the quality of food, or the price of the food, people are falliing all over themselves to eat at these restaurants. BOG is stealing money from people who simply want to see the inside of the place. Many here are actually admitting that the menu doesn't appeal to them, but they're willing to pay up just to see the inside of the restaurant, or to meet a person dressed up in a character outfit (which just totally blows my mind).

Until these restaurants start seeing their revenues being hurt, nothing will change....other than for the worse.

Captain's Grille. Our first time there (2013) the food and server were just amazing! It was my twins' bday dinner and I had ordered a cake for each of them and the server gave them each a balloon and made it very special. We loved it so much we made sure to book it again for the twins' birthday the next year. What a different experience! Last year our server was horrible, slow, ignored us most of the time and just seemed miserable. They forgot about the cakes I had ordered (which were also a HUGE disappointment from the ones we got the year before) and had to call around to find them. She practically threw the cakes on the table when they finally did come. The food was MUCH worse then the year before. We are not going back this year and last year that was our one must-do again.

I think that Kona is overhyped. The food tends to be bland. Not bad, just bland.

I like a lot of the restaurants mentioned here. I think that a bad server, bad table location, or someone being rude can really ruin an entire dinner experience. So if you have plans at any of these, don't cancel just becuase you read this thread. But do speak up if you have a problem. There is no reason to tolerate inedible food or a rude server. And if someone told me I had to sit at a table near the restroom, I'd probably split a bowl of soup with my husband and then leave. An entire dinner is not happening at a table that I hate.

For us... Yachtsman. DH can't stand the taste or smell of truffle oil (it's synthetic and smells/tastes similar to kerosene to him) and it was pervasive from the moment we walked in. The meal was nothing great and we left disappointed. We're finally giving it another try on our next trip for their food and wine dinner. Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter