• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big changes in the UK Pavilion!

Derek

Earning My Ears
News just in - and I can assure you it's not that widely known and hot off the press...

The UK is to have an Attraction built in January.
It will replace the shop 'Pringles of Scotland' and so far is planned to be a walk through attraction with a replica of the Crown Jewels and a waxwork figure of Princess Diana. Possibly (bear in mind this is in very early stages of imagineering) Audio Animatronics will feature.

The stores in the Pavilion are also due to change - the sports goods from Pringles will move, and the Crown & Crest may alter to feature British film memorabila from James Bond etc.

Hope you all find this news as exciting as I do!

Take care folks.

Derek.

This looks good to me as long as they don't change the tea shop too much. :) Thanks for the news.

It'd be nice to have something besides shops in the UK pavillion. OK, I'll conceed that there is a lovely garden and stage for the band there, but not much else. Let's all hope that they actually get to imagineer something & not just shove stuff in there...

Sarangel (So.... I'm getting a little cynical in my old age)

I think that would be a very nice addition to the UK -- it would give folks something more than just shopping and bring a little bit of the UK that many of us would never have had a chance to see.

I do love sitting and listening to the band in the evening -- they are terrific!!!:bounce:

Please tell me the Princess Di figure is a joke????

Let the poor woman ( and the rest of us) take a break.

I was hoping for the return of Mr. Toad's Wild ride, or maybe a Mary Poppins attraction. Oh well. Seeing a reproduction of the Crown jewels is better than nothing.

I hope this won't affect the Rose and Crown....there is nothing better than having a Harp Lager as your next to last beverage in Beer's around the world....:jester:

Or your second AND next to last, depending on your capacity! :D

No, unfourtunately the Princess Diana figure is for real, some of you may have seen it before as it was featured in the Scottish exhibit, it dispayed the Lochcarron tartan created especialy for Diana by the Scottish company.

When featured in the proposed UK attraction the figure will be wearing a Dress previously worn by Diana (bought under an assumed name by Disney at the auction of all her wardrobe).

If anyone does know the assumed name I'd love to know it!

Derek

We always end at the UK, start in France.

DR

Wow, this sounds great! I would love to see a crown jewels exhibit! My aunt moved to London last March (her job transferred her there) and I want to go visit her next year for the Queen's 50th. I am afraid she may not stay the two years, though, as she does not like her job there. This would be the next best thing! Thanks, Derek!:earsgirl:

I don't know what you folks from the US think when you see things represented as "American" when you go abroad but being from the Northern part of the UK EPCOT's version with pearly kings & queens is a nightmare. I guess most people know of London and it's attractions but PLEASE, even the Londoners would baulk at these people. As for a Princess Diana model, strewth, I like the royalty and was very sad when that fateful day came around but let her rest in peace.

Personally, being from the US, I'm a little put off by the way things "American" are represented at WDW. (;))
I guess if we have to have twitching dead presidents, and orchestrally enhanced odes to ourselves (see EPCOT) a dead princess in a questionably obtained gown isn't that out of place. The lines of "Good Taste" seem to grow pretty faint when they travel through Disney Property...

Personally, I'll skip Princess Di(e)and the Dead Presidents in lieu of the living replica of the 3/4 still living Beatles, and a passable facsimile of a half-and-half. (As I was once told by an Irish friend, the Guiness doesn't travel all that well :) )

And I'll be back again next year to marvel over how silly some of it is... :) :) :)

I wonder of whoever runs the UK in EPCOT has only ever seen the UK from Mary Popiins & thinks Dick Van **** has a good accent.....

I have to agree with the other people who are fed up with this bizarre representation Disney has of the UK. I would be absolutely horrified if they brought in Princess Diana. If those of you in the north of England feel it to be a misrepresentation of your culture, imagine how us Scots, the Wesh and those from N.I feel?

Not that I think Pringles was a glowing portayal of Scotland, but if that is going to go, then there is absolutely nothing in the so-called "UK" pavillion that does show a little of Scotland.

I was also bamboozled by the appearance of a Scottish pavillion last year in Millenium Village. Perhaps I am mistaken, but is Scotland not part of the UK?????

I think the Disney needs to make a decision; either rename the current pavillion, 'Ye olde England' or introduce at least some aspects of the other nations within the United Kingdom.

P.S. Sorry for going on a bit but this reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly irritates me.

Ona:)

ONA you are so correct I've been to disney about twenty five times. Sunday will be my third time this year, and umm i just asked my brother and gf and all 3 of us just thought of the pavilion as England and just England.

IMO they arent doing justice to the other countries

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter