• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big changes in the UK Pavilion!

I like the idea! I'd like to see ALL of the countries get some sort of attraction. So, this is a step in the right direction. I would prefer some sort of ride attraction, but this will do for now. And, like the others, I'm just not sure about the Diana thing. Hasn't everyone had enough yet?

Let me reassure a few people posting on this board that the UK Pavilion is not all bad, infact it still remains one of, if not THE most popular pavilion(s) around the World Showcase.

Firstly, I have it on good authority that most changes that are implied in the Pavilion are either suggested by, or at least passed by, the CM's that work the pavilion - all of whom stem from all over the UK - not just England. Many Brits compain abput the 'Costume' worn by the UK Representitives, and how it doesn't represent the UK accuratley. The problem again stemmed from the UK's richly diverse cultures - WDW was not prepared to create 4 different costumes - the Red & Black costume for the Welsh, Kilts or Scottish Dress, and N. Ireland's famed Green, so researched (and I emphasise researched, Disney doesn't just pick these things out of a hat) into a costume that was worn across all 4 regions. What is portrayed is as follows;
The Men of Food and Beverage and Merchandise & Attractions both wear a Costume worn by Milkmen across the UK in the late eighteenth century.
The women of Food & Beverage wear a Costume described as Serving Wench - typical of the Seventeenth century, and for Merchandise, again from the eighteenth century, a Milkmaid.

Some good points have been made on this board, but sometimes we forget that the UK's history is so fruitful, and that although the Pavilion attempts to represent everybodies images of the UK, it's virtually impossible to encompass everything.

Next time you're in the Pavilion, take a deeper look - chat to one of the CM's - take in the architecture of Tudor lane and the like, enjoy the culture that is represented, and then see what you think.

I agree with you, Derek, after a fashion.

The UK pavilion is a "sampling" or a caricature, depending on your point of view, of the UK itself. All the other pavilions are the same way. I personally think that a lot of the character of Germany is missed by the pavilion at epcot.

I do think that the rumoured Diana exhibit is in poor taste, but that's just my opinion. I don't really want to see the World showcase turned into some sort of lurid Wax Museum.

How is Disney going to work around this refurbishment and their guests? Is only part of WS UK going to be closed down at a time?

Lets face it the representation of all of the pavillions is off, (I'm from Canada and I've never seen anything as sad as the movie. I hate Ann Murray singing!URGGHH!) But we all have to remember that it is a representation and not the real thing It would be very hard to convay an image of a country in a little pavillion. I've been to many of the places in the pavillion, they are all "off" a bit. But I love every minute I'm there. You'd think the only store we had in Canada was Roots and we all lived in Igloos! I really enjoy going to my own country's pavillion and talking to everyone (I like to bring Timmy's coffee to the homesick CM there). Can't wait to go back. I believe that what ever Disney does will be in good taste and interesting for Guests.

Hello Dear! how are you doing? You must be very busy since you are not keeping us updated with these wondeful changes that are happening! As an ex cast member I'd love to know what is going on!!!! Give us some more juice!

Sure, they stripped Diana of her royal title and now they want to put a waxed version of her on display. Just great.

James Bond stuff....just what we needed...I thought the pavillons were supposed to represent the country.........James Bond doesn't do it for me.........

I liked the Scottish portion of Millineum Village. Aside from it being full of GORGEOUS women, (my friends and I think that MV should have been called 'It's a Hot World After All'), The scientific achievements/golf is just fun aspect was really neat. I wouldn't mind seeing something similar added to the UK Pavillion. Bring on the Lasses! (and those accents... Oy!!)

When I was a freshman in college, I met a red-haired girl who was born in Scotland and moved here when she was in elementary school. We were at a party, and the more she drank, the more noticable her accent was.

I love my wife, but I sometimes wish I had pursued that girl a little bit harder.

So all you American guys like our Scottish accents do you? That's nice to know;) .

Tee hee, Ona.:D

I don't know about all American guys, but those of us who had a grandmother of Scottish descent do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter