Beware of Very Cold Lazy River

engineering would keep an eye on it.
Someone has had too many churros and dole whips if they think this an acceptable answer. I hope hope hope you can talk to the manager I spoke with. I would love to be a Menehune on the wall to see his face when yet another person asks about it.

I am hoping @disneyfan123 and @Paul Stupin get ahold of the same leaders I did and they realize this is bigger than just some random dude complaining.
Flying in Wednesday. If our beloved Lazy River is cold on Thurs, I think I’ll go to the front desk and see if I can escalate the situation. I love the place, but at least on this front it’s clown college!

This is not the time of year to have an issue like this.

Flying in Wednesday. If our beloved Lazy River is cold on Thurs, I think I’ll go to the front desk and see if I can escalate the situation. I love the place, but at least on this front it’s clown college!

This is not the time of year to have an issue like this.
Front desk has no one helpful I found one helpful person there (she actually called the pool manager for me) if you want her name DM me.

This is so frustrating to me, as I specifically noted (and posted about) the warmer temperatures for the pools a few days ago. On our last day (Saturday)- and I meant to post this followup sooner- the lazy river and pool were markedly colder.

It's definitely warming up; we noticed this too. Seems like people need to keep pressuring the hotel to keep it warm.
So is this then a case of it being turned off and back on by Aulani intentionally or being set on a timer and they didn’t adjust for daylight savings time? 🤣

And here is the other thing we need to accept Aulani removed temps from being advertised so to them 78 is acceptable. Put your knives down I am not saying it is. But they aren’t doing anything wrong in their own book now. Hence while I think about this more I think this is looking more like a cost saving measure…🤔 and unfortunately I don’t think it will change anytime soon. We are to Aulani what APs are to DL and WDW…annoying, entitled, act like we own the place…wait I own like .00047%. Wait till you have to get a Genie + for the river…

And here is the other thing we need to accept Aulani removed temps from being advertised so to them 78 is acceptable. Put your knives down I am not saying it is. But they aren’t doing anything wrong in their own book now. Hence while I think about this more I think this is looking more like a cost saving measure…🤔 and unfortunately I don’t think it will change anytime soon. We are to Aulani what APs are to DL and WDW…annoying, entitled, act like we own the place…wait I own like .00047%. Wait till you have to get a Genie + for the river…
I agree. I am zero % surprised.

That said, If the only naturally warm pool is getting murky b/c of their decision not to warm the other pools etc they are creating a safety issue.

Can we start a go fund me to send someone with a pool test kit and a thermometer lol??

I agree. I am zero % surprised.

That said, If the only naturally warm pool is getting murky b/c of their decision not to warm the other pools etc they are creating a safety issue.

Can we start a go fund me to send someone with a pool test kit and a thermometer lol??
I volunteer!!!! Send me! Over here 🙋‍♂️. I will leave now and all it will cost is a first class ticket on United and a one week stay at the 4 seasons. And one of those fake mustache and glasses combos.

As someone who bought into DVC after touring Aulani 3 years ago, I feel pretty sick over how much they have skimped off the top. Some of our favourite things have been taken away: pools are cold, Aunties has limited time, no more lei at check in, scrubs are gone from the spa, AMA Ama
breakfast is gone, buffets are gone, indoor Menehune hunt is gone, and they didn’t even have a working fire for the story time. We were also super disappointed that the one thing we were looking forward to (Members reception) was cancelled, but that was because the stage was wet from earlier rain. They did give us all a lei from
the DVC office, but not all the freebies we would have gotten.

We are still having a great time on our trip, but have a super sour taste in our mouth from Disney’s money grabbing and lack of transparency.

As someone who bought into DVC after touring Aulani 3 years ago, I feel pretty sick over how much they have skimped off the top. Some of our favourite things have been taken away: pools are cold, Aunties has limited time, no more lei at check in, scrubs are gone from the spa, AMA Ama
breakfast is gone, buffets are gone, indoor Menehune hunt is gone, and they didn’t even have a working fire for the story time. We were also super disappointed that the one thing we were looking forward to (Members reception) was cancelled, but that was because the stage was wet from earlier rain. They did give us all a lei from
the DVC office, but not all the freebies we would have gotten.

We are still having a great time on our trip, but have a super sour taste in our mouth from Disney’s money grabbing and lack of transparency.
The fire pit thing surprised me too. So it has been out for awhile. Maybe the pool is heated by the fire pit. This explains it all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter