Beverage Tastings Question

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by IowaCruiser, Sep 12, 2017.

1. IowaCruiser

IowaCruiser Earning My Ears

We are ready to head out on the Fantasy September 30th and had a quick question. My wife has repeatedly tried booking a wine/martini tasting on the ship which apparently are all full?!

Our first cruise was the spring of 2016 and we didn't even book a wine tasting (which we loved) until the 2nd day of the cruise.

Do you know if they open up the tasting once aboard to allow for additional people? Seems odds that a beverage tasting would be booked 4 months in advance...

Thanks for any advice!!

2. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS veteran

The online beverage tastings only started about a month and a half ago. Reports are that what's available online is what's available. BUT, DCL does seem to be adding additional tastings onboard. Just check the Navigator you get at the port to see if there's information in there about where/when to sign up. Or just stop by Guest Services as soon as you board to ask.

IowaCruiser likes this.
  3. AirForceAngler

AirForceAngler Earning My Ears

I don't know about that one, but on our last (and first) cruise this past June on the Dream, I was able to sign up for a Mixology class the day before it was going to happen. It always helps to check with guest services once you get on the boat and anytime you see something else you'd like to do. We found them very accommodating. BTW, the mixology class is probably some of the cheapest drinks you'll have on the ship!pirate:

over50visits likes this.
  4. over50visits

over50visits DIS Veteran

You are right! DCL will be able to book this and other tastings on board. I imagine some may sell out, but over the years we have never been turned away.

So, OP, rest easy, you'll probably (almost certainly based on our experience) get whatever tastings you like.

Good advice. And thank you for your service!