Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I do the clip art thing right?? Just testing

You got it! :thumbsup2

Found you all! :goodvibes I knew there was some posting going on here but did not realize we were all jumping in...feels good to have a fresh start coming up.

I ended BL9 with a gain and gained over the weekend. I know I tried to come up with a plan to deal with the stress of today's interview but obviously it did not work. I am going to try to not dwell on the weight gain but rather look at the positive...

I lost 35.5 pounds during BL9! When I think about that weight, it is huge. I am hoping that I will be able to reach goal during the summer challenge. My goal will be 14.5 pounds.

Have a happy Monday everyone!
Jen

Wow a 35.5 loss during BL9 -- that is wonderful! :goodvibes

OOOHHH! I'm so excited! They've finally released the December Park Hours so I can start planning my trip! This is going to be a great week!!!!!

Oooo! Planning -- it's the most fun part of the trip and lasts the longest! :lmao:

Hey everyone, this is my first challenge. I am so excited. I have been doing WW for 4 wks (as of last weigh in on 5/17) I am down 9.2lbs I have a goal of 60 total. I am running and today just completed 3.1 miles in 38 minutes. Not the best time but hey at least I am doing it right? My goal is to complete the disney princess 1/2 in 2011. I dont care how long it takes me just so I dont get swept. Currently my pace is a little over 12 min/mile so hopefully I can do it. I am so glad to have found these boards. You all are so inspirational and Im glad to have a support network to help me meet my goals.

Have a great day!

Not getting swept is my biggest goal for the Princess 1/2 too! :goodvibes We can do it!

Will you please add me to the losing team? :goodvibes My goal is to lose 25 pounds.

:welcome: Scrappy Tink! Be sure and let LuvBaloo know your goal when you send in your starting weight on Friday.

I would like to join this challenge too.

I already posted on the other thread details of why I ended up not completing the last one.

But I did my 5k yesterday and am ready to start again.

Linda

:tinker::donald:

:welcome: jimmduck! Congratulations on completing your 5K this week-end! :yay:

Hi Losers ;) & Maintainers!

I'd like to sign up for the loser team :cool1:

Thanks!

:welcome: MinnieMouseMom! Thanks for joining our challenge! :flower3:

A little heads up on what we will be doing this week with this challenge. I won't officially start the QOTD until Friday. I do this for two reasons. One, because we still have our results from our spring challenge to enjoy and I don't want to do anything to take away from that excitement. Two, because new folks may not check this thread again until Friday and I don't want anyone to feel the train has left the station. We all know that we are friendly bunch of folks but it can be intimidating to join a new group! ;)

But while we are waiting I will leave you a link to a quiz on www.sparkpeople.com called "The Portion Distortion Quiz" -- do you suffer from portion distortion or are you portion savvy? pirate: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/quizzes_start.asp?quizid=32

I would have said that I was portion savvy but when I took the quiz I missed 5 out of 11 -- my official score was I'm on my way to being portion savvy. This is a good reminder to me that I need to check and measure as well as make sure I am journalling to make sure I am really eating the correct amounts. No doubt it will pay off big time for my efforts this summer! :sunny:

But while we are waiting I will leave you a link to a quiz on www.sparkpeople.com called "The Portion Distortion Quiz" -- do you suffer from portion distortion or are you portion savvy? pirate: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/quizzes_start.asp?quizid=32

I would have said that I was portion savvy but when I took the quiz I missed 5 out of 11 -- my official score was I'm on my way to being portion savvy. This is a good reminder to me that I need to check and measure as well as make sure I am journalling to make sure I am really eating the correct amounts. No doubt it will pay off big time for my efforts this summer! :sunny:

I got two wrongs.... Perfect Pro-portions. But it was tricky. You really need to read the choices carefully. One mistake I made was from not really reading the choices carefully enough. Thanks for the link!

I love everything that you folks post here from SP, but I never go over there on my own. I should take a look at it!

Hope everyone here is well and prepared for the new challenge! I had a bit of a fall off the wagon yesterday afternoon (argument with DH sparked a need for some comfort eating... fortunately it was just a half a bag of Baked Lay's... it could have been much worse!!). But I have run to catch the wagon and climbed back in!! I am back on track................P

What's wrong with your heel????

Not really sure. About a year ago it started to hurt when I walk a lot (like Disney). I know I stand on my heels and I'm sure the extra weight is not helping. It feels like a spike is being driven up into my foot every time I step.

I also noticed about a month ago the insides of my feet had broken blood vessels. Not very pretty but they don't hurt. But they also don't go away. Again, could just be a weight issue.

I just got a Kohl's coupon in the mail 15% off and kohls cash for this weekend so I'm going to go buy my shape ups on Friday. I'm hoping the shape ups keep me off my heel.

Hi everyone. I have had 2 WAY off plan days the past 2 days...but thanks to what I have learned from you all during the past year I am back on plan today. I need to make some new goals to work towards. I am working on running a 5k...I think I have even picked the one I will do (August 7 - Run for the Border)...but I need some other goals that are not lb specific as I already know what number I am working towards. Suggestions?

SarahMay

I'm going to need help food wise before we go to WDW. Granted it will be hotter then Hades so I won't eat a ton but I want to go prepared with a list of good choices. Can someone point me in the right direction?

We are also staying at the Dolphin and I'm going to try to continue my C25K while there. I'll probably run the boardwalk, can you do that in the morning?

Hi everyone. I have had 2 WAY off plan days the past 2 days...but thanks to what I have learned from you all during the past year I am back on plan today. I need to make some new goals to work towards. I am working on running a 5k...I think I have even picked the one I will do (August 7 - Run for the Border)...but I need some other goals that are not lb specific as I already know what number I am working towards. Suggestions?

SarahMay

clothing? One of my ultimate goals is to wear a sleeveless shirt again. I haven't done that since 2004, and I hated it then but WDW was just to darn hot for sleeves.
Is there anything you said you would do "If I were thinner" I have a lot of that kind of stuff on my list.

Hi. I've been on the DIS for a couple years, but all I ever really do is check out the trip reports when I need a fix. Today is my first day to ever look at this particular forum and I was excited to see this challenge just beginning.

So, how did I get here…?

Last year, I lost 25 pounds (still not quite to my actual goal) and then I promptly gained 15 of it back again over the past several months. Although weight loss achievement was not his true motivation, my DH just got a motorcycle last week and mentioned to me this weekend that it makes a pretty good reward for his losing 60 pounds over the past year or so. And, yes, he did a great job and I am so proud of him, but my response was a snarky comment about how if I had had such a nice reward, maybe I wouldn't have gained back so much so fast. So... he said that if I meet my goal weight we can get DVC. :faint: Oh my holy frickin’ cow! You got yourself a deal, mister!! :woohoo: You’ve never seen anyone jump on the wagon so fast! (Why couldn’t he have said that 15 pounds ago?!!:confused3)

I did change the rules, though. I mean, DVC is a BIG deal. We can’t afford it any time soon and it’s a certainly more expensive than his motorcycle. So… I will choose for myself an appropriate, yet extravagant, reward for reaching my goal weight (I'm guessing about 20 pounds to go, because I haven't been on a scale in a while), and DH and I have agreed that DVC will be the reward for maintaining for a full year – 52 consecutive weekly weigh-ins under a set limit.

If DVC is my long term reward, I figured the DIS would be a great place to stay motivated in the short term, so here I am!

So, now that you know my entire life story, please sign me up as a “loser”! :yay: I'm IN!

Part 1 of the planning is done. I took our big white board and wrote all the park hours on it and put a star next to the ones with AM EMH or PM EMH.

Hoping to get a few miles in tonight at the track if they will let DD1 join the soccer tryouts. Just had a Special K Protein iced tea. Going to have some chicken fingers for supper and more water tonight.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

While we are waiting I will leave you a link to a quiz on www.sparkpeople.com called "The Portion Distortion Quiz" -- do you suffer from portion distortion or are you portion savvy? pirate: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/quizzes_start.asp?quizid=32

Lisa - Thanks for the link--what a great quiz... I got 12 of the 16 right--and the ones I missed were because I had estimated on the low side for portion sizes--WAY different than a few months ago.

I returned to journalling this morning--cause I found that it really helps keep me on track and helps me to succeed--it's one of the things I can't do this without.

I got two wrongs.... Perfect Pro-portions. But it was tricky. You really need to read the choices carefully. One mistake I made was from not really reading the choices carefully enough. Thanks for the link!

I love everything that you folks post here from SP, but I never go over there on my own. I should take a look at it!

Hope everyone here is well and prepared for the new challenge! I had a bit of a fall off the wagon yesterday afternoon (argument with DH sparked a need for some comfort eating... fortunately it was just a half a bag of Baked Lay's... it could have been much worse!!). But I have run to catch the wagon and climbed back in!! I am back on track................P

Pam--you should check out sparkpeople--other than this board - it has helped me more than anything I've ever tried--great food tracker (that I use daily to keep on track) and good articles as well--on days when there's not a lot of catching up here - I go read an article or two. I also have started to use their recipe section to find fun recipes and get the 'stats' on some of my own creations as well.

As one who could easily eat a large bag of chips--I must say that I LOVE the Baked options that are out there now... I weigh them out now to have a 'correct' portion size--my favorite is the Baked Cheetos--and it's nice to know that this weekend, when I lost control for a couple of days - that I lost it with Baked Cheetos instead of the regular kind ;)

Hi everyone. I have had 2 WAY off plan days the past 2 days...but thanks to what I have learned from you all during the past year I am back on plan today. I need to make some new goals to work towards. I am working on running a 5k...I think I have even picked the one I will do (August 7 - Run for the Border)...but I need some other goals that are not lb specific as I already know what number I am working towards. Suggestions? SarahMay

You are not alone in the WAY OFF PLAN days... me too :scared1: But - like you - glad to be here and for the help of this wonderful group to help me get control again and make a plan and get back to business :thumbsup2

Goals with walking could be increased distance or decreased times--fun goals could be related to where you walk those miles/minutes.

So... he said that if I meet my goal weight we can get DVC. :faint: Oh my holy frickin’ cow! You got yourself a deal, mister!! :woohoo: You’ve never seen anyone jump on the wagon so fast! ... DH and I have agreed that DVC will be the reward for maintaining for a full year – 52 consecutive weekly weigh-ins under a set limit.

If DVC is my long term reward, I figured the DIS would be a great place to stay motivated in the short term, so here I am!

Welcome! What a fun reward to work towards :cool1:
Once you reach your goal--this is a great group to keep you going with the maintain--I have really enjoyed reading posts from those that have reached their goals--kind of a sneak peek for the rest of us of what lies ahead for when we reach our goals too.

Well- things here - still waiting to hear what's up with the job/move... so major stress here... this morning as I was training (I am a software trainer over the internet) I looked out my window - and what did I see... HORIZONTAL SNOW!!!!! It's all melted now - but my heck - what is up with that?!? Hope you're all having a great day!

:) Liz

. So... he said that if I meet my goal weight we can get DVC. :faint: Oh my holy frickin’ cow! You got yourself a deal, mister!! :woohoo: You’ve never seen anyone jump on the wagon so fast! (Why couldn’t he have said that 15 pounds ago?!!:confused3)

Holy Kamoley guacamoley!!! That is one serious reward!!!!

I'd be all over that in a heart beat.

Hmmmm...... we are staying at DVC for the first time this June (borrowed points from a friend). If I like it, that might just become my motivation!!

Not really sure. About a year ago it started to hurt when I walk a lot (like Disney). I know I stand on my heels and I'm sure the extra weight is not helping. It feels like a spike is being driven up into my foot every time I step.

DH has plantar fasciatis, and this sounds exactly like what he experiences when it is acting up. It was really easy for a podiatrist to diagnose, supposedly there is one spot that clues him in, and when he pressed on it DH almost jumped off the table. You might want to check on that.

Part 1 of the planning is done. I took our big white board and wrote all the park hours on it and put a star next to the ones with AM EMH or PM EMH.

Are you in the avoid or go to EMH sanction?

Evening everyone! I am still ferociously trying to undo the damage I did Saturday. I am determined to start this challenge at least at the same weight I had Friday, and NOT LOSE MY CLIPPIE, yet. I feel sure it will say goodbye after WDW, unless I have some really, really good weeks in the next 4!!!

This has been on my mind for 2 days. I wonder if any of you exercise gurus can help. Jillian says over and over on the DVD I do with her that you "can't spot reduce fat". However, I often hear people talk about losing inches but not weight, and their clothes are smaller. Isn't this contradictive? I mean, I know the weight isn't changing because of fat to muscle conversion, but isn't that the same thing as spot reducing fat??????

DH has plantar fasciatis, and this sounds exactly like what he experiences when it is acting up. It was really easy for a podiatrist to diagnose, supposedly there is one spot that clues him in, and when he pressed on it DH almost jumped off the table. You might want to check on that.

thanks, I will call and have it looked at.

It doesn't scream when I mash on it, it feels more like a stone bruise. But there is one spot that is more tender then the others, right smack dab in the of my heel.

ETA: just read up on it, yep I'm pretty sure that's what I have.

It doesn't scream when I mash on it, it feels more like a stone bruise. But there is one spot that is more tender then the others, right smack dab in the of my heel.

DH was in so much pain right before our trip, he couldn't walk. He had 2 cortisone shots, an ice pack, and some stretches, and he was great. It flared up a bit a month ago, but nothing like before. One stretch he does that helps is to put a towel under his arch, hold his foot out flexed, and then pull his toes towards him, pulling the towel. That, and icing really helps. I would definitely get it checked out soon, b/c I think he had to wait 2 weeks between shots, and I know you want to be good to go for your trip. Some people only need 1 shot.

Could also be a bone spur, dealt with that most of last year. Very painful.

Flipflopmom- We are actually EMH people! We have done mostly AM but plan on doing some PM ones this time. I've never been at AK in the evening and I want to stay at Epcot until 12:30am on the Friday we are there. I have to sit down and focus on the trip and what we want to do and when. We have about 10 days until we do our ADRs. We are also seriously considering getting the CS DDP for the trip. We are only planning on 3-4 sit down meals, mostly at lunch. Getting the refillable mugs free and having the cs and snacks available and already paid for is looking good to us.

Back from dancing and soccer evaluations. Got in about 2 1/2 miles on the track while I was there so got in about 5-6 miles today. Going to have a big glass of water and take a shower and rest the remainder of the night.

Busy day at work tomorrow: 1 hot stone, 2 foot massages and a deep tissue! 2 people so far for Wednesday too! I'll probably get take out from the place next door or bring a LC or WW meal. It will depend how I'm feeling in the morning and how much time I have. Probably take out and I'll have the LC or WW for supper so I get my bigger meal in at lunch time.

Enough babbling! Good night all though I may be back later!

Flipflopmom- We are actually EMH people! We have done mostly AM but plan on doing some PM ones this time. I've never been at AK in the evening and I want to stay at Epcot until 12:30am on the Friday we are there.

We are planning on hitting DHS, AK, and Epcot PM EMH this year for the first time. I am a little nervous, because of all the "avoid like the plague" talk, but I, too want to see AK at night, want to do the Playhouse Disney dance party before the girls are too old for it at DHS, and Epcot just sounds like fun.

Sorry for the OT everyone! I am 26 days from my trip, so I am in planning mode!

DH was in so much pain right before our trip, he couldn't walk. He had 2 cortisone shots, an ice pack, and some stretches, and he was great. It flared up a bit a month ago, but nothing like before. One stretch he does that helps is to put a towel under his arch, hold his foot out flexed, and then pull his toes towards him, pulling the towel. That, and icing really helps. I would definitely get it checked out soon, b/c I think he had to wait 2 weeks between shots, and I know you want to be good to go for your trip. Some people only need 1 shot.

I don't think I'll need shots, it doesn't hurt enough to get a needle in my foot! LOL I saw DH do that when he had a cyst removed from the bottom of the foot. I've never seen someone jump so high in his life.
I did ice it after it started hurting the first time, which helped a lot. When I take motrin it helps too.
And I flex, but I'm one of those people who can't sit still so I flex, shake my leg, etc.
Could also be a bone spur, dealt with that most of last year. Very painful.
That was my other thought. I will call my Dr tomorrow, wait Wed. He's not there on Tuesdays.

Sorry for the OT everyone! I am 26 days from my trip, so I am in planning mode!

We are 32 days from our trip!! I'm crazy excited!! I've started gathering my disney bin with all my stuff in it. Gathering supplies at the store. etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter